Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T4 Drops

It doesn't say anywhere in the game it's a barbarian set

Overall, T4 are better than any other set in the game. If someone beat T4 many times, why want better gear? What for?

In pvp, I can tell pretty quickly who has t4. Last night low level pvp players with T4 gear our outkilling pvp 10 players. Its kind of sad that raid gear is so powerful in pvp. You can quickly spot them with how hard they hit and how hard they are to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    In pvp, I can tell pretty quickly who has t4. Last night low level pvp players with T4 gear our outkilling pvp 10 players. Its kind of sad that raid gear is so powerful in pvp. You can quickly spot them with how hard they hit and how hard they are to kill.
    Yes for some classes it's OP, mostly ranger, demo, sin I think.
    But similar problem existed also with Kithai DPS gear, just a bit less.

I mean: good sin and good demo in Kithai gear will anyway outkill PvP 10 demo and sin in PvP 10 gear.

Problem existed also before T4 (in lower measure).
    And it's just greater now that T4 gear and especially weapons exist.

A new tier or a revision of PvP gear is probably needed, but must be made carefully, since it risks to create great unbalances.

And btw, most OP classes (at least about K/D, but you were talking about "kills and hard to kill") are still tanks, which mostly play in PvP gear...

So it's not all black or white.
    Last edited by Calore; 12th March 2013 at 11:18.

I agree, it's a nice upgrade for ToS but not OP, you'll lack tenacity and protection on t4 set.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Yeah same for BS.
    I never use T4 set unless there are no casters in enemy group (I just use hands maybe, or 2-3 parts in total).
    I use for demo because I die anyway, 500 more prot would change nothing, so it's just better to be able to nuke (a lot) harder..

Similar considerations for many classes..
    A PoM in T4 gear can be almost "oneshotted" by a demo: Hellfire Stream, Shock, Bindings, Detonation, Waves of Flame and PoM is dead (4/5 insta casts).
    Even a BS and almost a tank in T4 gear, all classes which instead are rocks in PvP gear.
    It's situational for these classes.
    Sin instead has auto-bubble for magic damage, and casters would die anyway even with prot, ranger can nuke from distances: these are classes which mostly benefit from T4 gear.

And for accessories: T4 accessories all lack const.
    I prefer PvP accessories even for demo.

T4 weapons instead are just OP.
    A new tier of PvP weapon is just needed.
    Last edited by Calore; 12th March 2013 at 11:31.

I recall a survey a few years back from Funcom and they asked:

"Should PVE gear have any impact on PVP and PVP gear have any impact on PVE" or something like this.

I answered NO. PVP gear should be the only thing that matters in PVP, if at all. But I am getting ahead of myself. I dont have the time to raid as much as some, and given how gear dependent the game is, this is simply not fair to the casual gamer who A) doenst want to raid 4 hours a night, and B) doesnt have an interest in doing the same raid every other night.

1. Funcom is trying to balance long standing players with new players, so they have a shot. They might give AAs to a new player or similar. PVP gear is already purchasable. Why not make PVE gear purchasable. I know its only to pvp 5 but still my point is there.

2. Why do we need stats in pvp at all. Sure we want progression, but I dont pvp for progression. I am pvp 10 and do it because I like PVP. Not because I want a new hat. Am I alone in this thought?

3. Increase PVP stats so that has more weight than PVE gear in PVP. And do the same for PVP gear in PVE (inst this the case now? I dont know anyone raiding in PVP gear except Carnage that one time).

Ranged classes are getting the most out of the T4 gear atm. Demos, Necros, Poms, Rangers.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by mrcorp; 12th March 2013 at 13:18.

why is this being turned into a pvp gear thread?

the only thing that's op about t4 gear in pvp is weapons. the loss of protection on the armor just does not outweigh the benefits of more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by MotigSiN View Post
    why is this being turned into a pvp gear thread?

the only thing that's op about t4 gear in pvp is weapons. the loss of protection on the armor just does not outweigh the benefits of more dps.
    I wish that were the case, but t4 makes the tos hit very hard as well as other classes. T4 is the best armor in the game in some cases for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    I wish that were the case, but t4 makes the tos hit very hard as well as other classes. T4 is the best armor in the game in some cases for pvp.
    I couldn't give up the protection on anything but a sin/demo personally.

Quote Originally Posted by MotigSiN View Post
    I couldn't give up the protection on anything but a sin/demo personally.
    I don't wear the full set on my HoX because of the lack of protection. I generally roll with the t2 PvP main pieces and the t4 minors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123