Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best set for Brute conq

Default Best set for Brute conq

What would be the best set for a brute conq? I have a mix of T1 and T2 at the moment but have the rares and moa's to purchase 3 epic pieces, just not sure which ones.

I assume you mean for tanking? LL legs has nice hate and protection on it. Wolves, on the other hand, can get you a full set of major pieces with a ton of strength and constitution. I'd personally lean towards the wolves stuff.

LL Hate Helm and Hate Legs. Tigers Chest. LL Dynastic/Wolves for boots, LL Battlements gloves and shoulders. LL Dynastic wrists for +hate. Both belts are good, but I think LL might slightly edge Wolves, though I only have the Wolves.

Now, obviously, that's for physical bosses. For magic bosses...you can get the LL protection set, but you lose quite a bit of hate and crit, which are helpful to a conq tank, so you're actually better with Black Dragon from T3, though of course T4 trumps all, if you can get it. But based on your question, see my first paragraph and take along a guardian in protection gear to be your offtank slave
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

LL Legs are without doubt the #1 pick.

LL Helm is excellent, however the Ardashir Fort helm is essentially the same and 'free'. If you want to do T4, the Fort helm lacks hit rating, but this may or may not be an issue depending on the rest of your gear.

For chest, either Tigers or LL Hate.

The reason I suggest LL Hate (and would probably recommend it as the first choice) is the setups you can run for your formation and discipline. Most will run both the tanking formation and the tanking discipline. Since I never ever drop the banner, I'm only interested in the passive effects between the choices. After 50% mitigation, the tanking Formation grants 0.4% mitigation. Consider alternatively the DPS banner, which will give 5% crit chance. The difference between the LL hate and the Tigers in mitigation is about the same: 0.4% mitigation.

So... you can run the LL hate chest with the crit banner and have better hate, con and crit than what you could get with the tiger's chest, and so therefore better overall. And if the fight calls for it, you can run both tanking formations/disciplines and be tougher, too.

Default gear.

the t2 are quit good(t3 alittle better) no shame in using thoes
    the hands and boots i find better exept with often critting bosses.
    the must have khitai items are LL hate legs, shoulders and wrists. head(or fort). the wolf boots(if not t2,t3) cheast piece i tend to wolf for tanking, from khitai hands i wud use tiger.
    this wont give u prot, but from aa, plus rings, neck and cloak u get plenty prot to tank it all, along with the world drop prot items from khitai or xibaluka. never swich more then u need from ure original setup.

hit rating u can get from improved furius resurrection. if u need more.
    a good point in this is having the boots from t2-t3 skip the wolf faction and get hykanian neckless.

Thank you all for the replies. This helps a lot. I just hit rank four with LL so I think I'll get some of the hate gear from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Thank you all for the replies. This helps a lot. I just hit rank four with LL so I think I'll get some of the hate gear from them.
    You should also hit up this thread for some tanking tips: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180650

With some decent K6 gear and using some of the advice from there, you can pretty much main tank anything now.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post

The reason I suggest LL Hate (and would probably recommend it as the first choice) is the setups you can run for your formation and discipline. Most will run both the tanking formation and the tanking discipline. Since I never ever drop the banner, I'm only interested in the passive effects between the choices. After 50% mitigation, the tanking Formation grants 0.4% mitigation. Consider alternatively the DPS banner, which will give 5% crit chance. The difference between the LL hate and the Tigers in mitigation is about the same: 0.4% mitigation.
    Shouldnt 268 armor be linar whatever your level of mitigation is and give u 1.3% of mitigation. And dont neglect the 5% hate you get planting the banner with 10 stacks of FI, whereas the LL Chest only gives 1% hate.
    And my Burning Standard only gives me 3% crit rating.
    So for me the Tigers Chest looks more appealing.
    Points for LL chest would be the Strength (GoDS damg and Armor) and the Con/Armor itself which makes you beafier.
    On the other hand the tiger's chest lets you fit the DW role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    Shouldnt 268 armor be linar whatever your level of mitigation is and give u 1.3% of mitigation. And dont neglect the 5% hate you get planting the banner with 10 stacks of FI, whereas the LL Chest only gives 1% hate.
    And my Burning Standard only gives me 3% crit rating.
    So for me the Tigers Chest looks more appealing.
    Points for LL chest would be the Strength (GoDS damg and Armor) and the Con/Armor itself which makes you beafier.
    On the other hand the tiger's chest lets you fit the DW role as well.
    All armour gives diminishing returns after a certain point. Beyond 50% it is halved.

It sounds like you are not running Battlefield Commander which is the #1 perk for anyone serious about Brutes (and Carnage) right now. Your hate banner should give at least 7% hate and your DPS banner will give 5% crit.

I pretty much never plant the banner and just rotate the discipline only. I don't feel the banner is worth it unless you have poor aggro control due to low gear/experience/etc. and need to give your DPS -hate. Instead I'd rather more mitigation for myself.
    Last edited by Boesch; 21st March 2013 at 15:33.

nope armor is not a linear function therefore u dont get allways the same % out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast