Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

Default Guild Wars 2

Not enjoying it as much as AoC ~ I'm not sure if it's the lack of challenging Bosses that somehow pass for Raid/Dungeon bosses ~ but maybe AoC has spoiled me ~ GW2 isn't lending itself to a community feel ~ now with cross-server "guesting"; forget it! Lag spikes and overflow instances are the norm ~

Be thankful for 24-manRaids and the community you have ~ I miss playing a specific class with a job to do

The minor open-world events are the only thing I can see other MMOs adopting ~ it's pretty innovative ~ but everything else is just too driven to please a society with entitlement issues

Anyone still play that?

I said it on day 1 and got bashed by evangelists who are now back in AoC .. cus GW is oh-so-good .. haha

AoC has spoiled me. Ive tried out several other mmo's after AoC and well i keep coming back. Its just the best out there.

This is not the place for this information!

Go out and spread the word to the non-believers!

We have a good game!

GW2 is a great game for those who like that combat system. It has held its launch population better than any mmo in the history of gaming. But will it increase numbers like WoW is another story, so far it has. It holds the 2nd most market share for mmo behind WoW. GW2 and WoW are the only 2 mmo in the world that can count their active subscriptions ingame in the millions. Runescape, Maple story, EvE are second tier to those two and Aion with recent changes closing the gap into second tier as of last month.

GW2 greatest stat is that 30% of its playerbase were active WoW players. Every company has come out and said that their game would be a WoW killer and never produced. Even funcom with AoC at prelaunch same as Warhammer said they were WoW killers but failed.

AoC is played by less than 100,000 players because of funcom mis-management. But those of us who pay to play, pay for the combat system in AoC. One day funcom might just realize that.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

For me what breaks GW2 are the dungeons. Without a dedicated tank at least all the fights erupt into a benny-hill-show at some point aka kiting galore. Not my idea of a good time...

I also pay for the awesome overall atmosphere in AOC tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post

I also pay for the awesome overall atmosphere in AOC tbh.
    So true.

And for the low fantasy lore without orcs and elves.

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    But those of us who pay to play, pay for the combat system in AoC.
    "Combat system": say what you mean! Fatalities. While nude.

Speaking of mismanagement, it is an affront to all that is ungood and unholy that AoC kills don't leave characters covered in blood a la Dragon Age.

Also, the g-string birthmark.

Subscriptions would quadruple. WoW = killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Speaking of mismanagement, it is an affront to all that is ungood and unholy that AoC kills don't leave characters covered in blood a la Dragon Age.

Also, the g-string birthmark.
    Have to agree on both of these points. Dragon Age was such a good game, too bad that wasn't an MMO. The blood and voice overs ,and the way you could interact with the NPCs was fantastic.

Never been a fan of the undergarments the females wear in AoC, but GW2 was never my cup of tea.

The combat in AoC is incomparable, and I like having the holy trinity of classes. Being able to do anything and everything in GW2 was a huge turnoff for me.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

So guild wars is bad is that whats ure saying?
    And why u focus pve in that game?
    I have yet to try guild wars since I allways thought guildwars was kinda ****(the setting,graphics and i heard clunky pvp system).
    And its not the titles im waiting for as a pvp mmo.But i gonna try it 1 day.Now i play alot casual games waiting for a title to hit.Diablo was just fail(sry to offend) ore it be good when expack hit(lololol)
    As for aoc i guess its blind people ore fanatics that still play it.
    It can never be a good pvp game.What raw pvp player wanna spend that time grinding?U never get true pvp atmosphere with how aoc is now.
    That train have passed(wake up stop dreaming)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast