Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guard in T4

Default Guard in T4

Sooo in my guild we're about to start some Pug/alt t4 raiding soon, and i picked a guardian spot. I'm not uber experienced with guard so i ask for some advices in feat/aa.

Atm my guard is :

-> Full T3 except helm.
    -> LL hate legs, Ardashir helm for the critigation pieces.

Weapons :

-> T3 sword, T2 shield

And, for the accessories, i lack of decents ones :

-> Cang-jei's laugh
    -> Death's ward
    -> Jovus tanking necklace (126 armor, 57 constit, 32 evade rating)

AA :

-> screen coming soon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now the questions :

1/ Should i start getting more critigation stuff (minor pieces and LL chest ?) for the three first boss ?

2/ Same question for Elusive : active or passive ?

3/ Is poletanking viable for the 2/3 firsts T4 encounters ?

4/ Should i get better accessories, esp necklace ? I think about the hyrkanian one (kakaba) but since we are still gearing up in T3 i could save my rares by looting the unwanted Set's Potency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Da feats :

Atm i'm playing this for Jugg.

Questions :

-> Savages strikes, enraged spirit or sustained rage ? (Atm i'm reading the other thread so i might get an answer here)

-> Imp def stance or Stone skin ?

-> my rotation is beyond classic : Shield slam, Guard destroyer, Overreach V/VI, Titanic smash as filler. Is Imp Dulling blow worth speccing and added to the rotation ?

Thanks for your answers guys
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    (...)
    Questions :

-> Savages strikes, enraged spirit or sustained rage ? (Atm i'm reading the other thread so i might get an answer here)
    Depends mostly on the tanks you will be tanking with, if they know what they are doing then yes, yes and yes.

-> Imp def stance or Stone skin ?
    Stone skin has little use before the two last fights, so i dont have it in T4. IDS i use instead of S&G as it is passive and i really most of the time cant use S&G enough to make it better than IDS.

-> my rotation is beyond classic : Shield slam, Guard destroyer, Overreach V/VI, Titanic smash as filler. Is Imp Dulling blow worth speccing and added to the rotation ?

Thanks for your answers guys
    Improved Dulling blow is sort of a large investment for little gain, but unfeated dulling blow i have always been in favor of.
    I am Stian ingame...

As far as critigation is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it too much until the later fights in T4. That's where the bosses start critting 40% of the time actually.

Polearm is nice for door duty in the General fight but manageable with sword and shield, hell, I've done it as carnage tank.

Critigation is only needed for Imp or Golem tanking before reaching the Memory Cloud. Sergeants in the General fight crits but dies in seconds so zero problems tanking them even as a carnage tank without critigation equipped.

Sword and shield is overall best for a guard in T4 but polearm tanking works.

Protection value for the first three bosses, I think it's about 30% for the dot in the General fight, otherwise melee for everything.

Thanks for your answers

Summary for the first evening :

-> Have a little difficulty with Sheng when he casted targeted strikes + trailing strikes + Sky Pierce, so i have to use Last Stand.

-> Offtanked (and slacked a bit) on basil/imp.

-> Main issue learned is the lack of hit rating. 11.2 and i suffered heavy missed, blocks on Sheng and Zodiac's boss. I think i will looking for more accessories with +hit rating. Any though of the min % hit rating i should get ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Thanks for your answers

Summary for the first evening :

-> Have a little difficulty with Sheng when he casted targeted strikes + trailing strikes + Sky Pierce, so i have to use Last Stand.

-> Offtanked (and slacked a bit) on basil/imp.

-> Main issue learned is the lack of hit rating. 11.2 and i suffered heavy missed, blocks on Sheng and Zodiac's boss. I think i will looking for more accessories with +hit rating. Any though of the min % hit rating i should get ?
    I don't play a Guard much, but I find 15% hit rating is what I need on my DT in T4. My HoX is at 18%, though, and I rarely miss now.

My DT and Guard sit around 20% hit rating, Zodiac debuff is the only place I'll miss attacks. As far as tanking is concerned, well, the only fight Guards do well on in T4 is the Emperor. I suppose projections as well, but that can be done by anyone really.

When I need hitrating I put on the Scarlet circle hate cloak instead of the Vile one. And I take for granted you are using the Perk.

Polearm is a good alternative if you have enough aggro, with a polearm specc you will never have problem with hitrating either.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

I use the pressing strike ofc, and the SC hate cloak (+hit rating, never have luck in Vile Nativity anyway). But i still need to boost that stat furthermore... I studied some options.

The cheap one is to wait Sepulchrer fix and get thoses Vampire Squid rings (awesome name <3), and use Vengeance shield instead of Aegis of the Chacal.

The rich one is to buy some LL parts (helm, some minor parts)

I wanted to replace my Jovus necklace with one with +hit rating as well but i don't find any decent tanking necklace with that stat (only option is the T4 one on Entity :s )

Quote Originally Posted by Midge50 View Post
    My DT and Guard sit around 20% hit rating, Zodiac debuff is the only place I'll miss attacks. As far as tanking is concerned, well, the only fight Guards do well on in T4 is the Emperor. I suppose projections as well, but that can be done by anyone really.
    Guards can still be effective on Imp an Zodiac.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast