Thread: Lost connection to the server... time for maintenance??

Default Lost connection to the server... time for maintenance??

i had just joined a t2 raid, just to do something before sleep, and while zoning to kesh, i got disconnected...
    nothing serious, you would say, but when i tried to log in again, once i had selected the character and clicked the "play" button, the client got stuck for a while, then i got this message: "Lost connection to the server. The server may be down for maintenance, please try again later or contact Funcom Costumer Support"... i tried to close and restart the game... same error... tried to reboot, still same error...

when i tried to log in another character, i got "Required login data missing. Please log in again (22)" or "Unable to login (11)"....

i already had the same problem last week....
    maybe it's time to really do some maintenance to the servers??
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 8th March 2013 at 00:24.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Hmmm, I have already made an agreement with the operations team to have a weekly server restart in AoC to improve stability.

I'll follow up!

thanks!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hmmm, I have already made an agreement with the operations team to have a weekly server restart in AoC to improve stability.

I'll follow up!
    Yay for this!
    However i would suggest that its very well annouced so that any raids can be rescheduled if need be. And it would help alot if you could tell us how long a restart takes.

We've had the servers running flawlessly several months in a row, and we have days like that.. Restarting a fully operational server does **** nothing unless you have a lot of memory leaks or in others ways are incompetent at running it

This has nothing to do with server stability and everything to do with coding and the badness of it.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)