Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron Tower Hard Mode (Desumo/Rabidus)

Default Iron Tower Hard Mode (Desumo/Rabidus)

So, we tried to do this the other day, and Desumo won't change to Rabidus. We did the whole get all the gems thing, made sure the message for desecration didn't pop up, were on the pads in time, and as far as I could tell did everything correctly (if the video's and various strats I've read we did anyway). But he would never respawn as Rabidus. Is there some other trick? Is it a time thing? Is it just buggy? Anyone know?
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

I think I've seen him change form once. From memory he breathes fire or something, but I don't remember it clearly. Maybe henryx frapsed it so you could try check his youtube videos. I do remember he did not drop anything special for us, just the usual loot, so either it was broken or it doesn't always drop purples.

You need at least 1 person on every pad (so 5 ppl can trigger that HM). It worked a month ago or something.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Yeah, I'm fairly certain we did it right - the pads, the message about desecration not popping up, having everyone with all the gems, etc, etc. I've also checked out several vids and can't see anything we did that was wrong. Just he never changed. Cynara's blog which lays out the strat pretty simply mentions you get a buff called Divine Avenger (+10% damage mitigation, +10% scale, +20% damage multiplier, heals 1 percent every 1 second) when HM is triggered. We were getting that buff, but he wasn't changing. So, I dunno. Just buggy I guess. Oh well.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Did you wipe before your kill? You won't be able to trigger the hardmode in this instance again, if you had the message come up in a previous try.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    I do remember he did not drop anything special for us, just the usual loot, so either it was broken or it doesn't always drop purples.
    Just like the other IT hardmode, it's only a chance for purple loot. Of the two times I did Desumo hardmode we got epic loot one time and didn't the other so I don't have enough data to say what the rate is.

I do have to say that getting 5 people all 5 gems is mind numbingly boring and then to get nothing for it kind of makes people never want to do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Yeah, I'm fairly certain we did it right - the pads, the message about desecration not popping up, having everyone with all the gems, etc, etc. I've also checked out several vids and can't see anything we did that was wrong. Just he never changed. Cynara's blog which lays out the strat pretty simply mentions you get a buff called Divine Avenger (+10% damage mitigation, +10% scale, +20% damage multiplier, heals 1 percent every 1 second) when HM is triggered. We were getting that buff, but he wasn't changing. So, I dunno. Just buggy I guess. Oh well.
    I can confirm this "bug" as we did the same and also got this "Divine Avenger" buff which appears only in HM but Desumo didn`t want to go away

And yeah it is not worth the effort for 50% chance on epic cloak but if Funcom could just change the triggering time when 5 peeps need to step on right color... bah I am dreaming again

If you wipe on it, in any way, the hardmode fails. If you get him to change to his other form, there is a chance of an epic box.

I think I've done like 10 runs, of which we had 3 epic boxes, so I guess the rate is somewhere around 1/3.

If you wiped, go outside, reform n restart. Sucks but its a bug that's never been fixed.

y you need to get new instance if you wiped there
    also try avoid pillar in the mid if can seems like this is also a reason
    if rabidus is up try not to cc him i think its like the opposite of the dog on top

best tactic is to let ppl stay on the places where the pattern spawn only the close ones will be empty for tank and healer

before 75% tank healers go down to free platforms and ranged dps finish it
    worked best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast