Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AA Starter Guide

I like Enslaving Fire with Hunger for More. And Enslaving Fire really only becomes useful at 4 or 5 points. Before that, it's a waste of a spot.

As far as major AA's are concerned, I think all 3 major AA's are useful. FtB is really helpful in fights with a ton of casters and rangers, PoT is decent if you need some quick burst damage and RSoX is just a well rounded offensive/defensive perk.

Thanks for the guide

Being new, this might be entirely off, so was wondering if you'd care to comment?
    Speaking in terms of PVE/dps with a 37 possession+rest on avatar build:

1) a) Do you get to a point, gear-wise, where you no longer need the hit rating perk because you are hit capped by gear alone? You know, like in other MMOs?

1) b) If not..You slot decisive, you slot pressing, you slot the crit dmg per 100, you slot Red Sox, you are basically left with a choice of one..is that how it usually goes? Mind you, excluding boss specific fights, that'd go under "exception"

2) Again for the sake of maximising your DPS, what would be the perks to go for? Like me being new, i'd have said 'go for hellfire breath dmg increase', it's one of your strongest spells, and with a short cd to boot. What do you use?
    Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain

1)
    a)
    Pressing Strikes is not only about the hit ratin it provides, but also about the crit damage rating. There is no alternative concerning maximum dps.
    Only thing noteworthy would be Chromatic Warding, but then again there is no PvE encounter that totally needs it or where you could use a spec with molten flesh (e.g. Vistrix T5 or Entity)
    b)
    Yes almost no deviation with the exception of perking Unbinding Charm instead of Will of the Sublime when mandatory for the encounter mechanics:
    Pressing Strikes, Decisive Strikes, Will of the Sublime, Enchanter, Red Shadows of Xotli.

2)
    There is a thread about talent builds, you should go through it. But basically Butcher and Searing Hatred is considered better than Knowledge of the Underworld.
    An example template would be: http://goo.gl/3AJXFu
    Some don't feat Damning Eloquence+ Burning Hex, maybe you need Thundering Flames to interrupt casts, maybe you want better mana management with Fury of Xotli.
    So there is some room for variance.

Thanks for replying, much appreciated

I fear you may have misunderstood me in that last bit i asked, regarding HB. This being an AA Guide, i was refering to the equivalent AA perk boosting its damage;

Since (as you yourself were kind enough to verify) we only have one choice "left" from AAs i was wondering if, wanting to maximise your DPS, you would use that one AA slot available for the improved HB damage, or maybe for something else.

And..if something else, what would that be?
    Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    1)
    a)
    Pressing Strikes is not only about the hit ratin it provides, but also about the crit damage rating. There is no alternative concerning maximum dps.
    Actually hoxes with enough hitrating parse slightly higher with Immeasurable Empowerment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
    Thanks for replying, much appreciated

I fear you may have misunderstood me in that last bit i asked, regarding HB. This being an AA Guide, i was refering to the equivalent AA perk boosting its damage;

Since (as you yourself were kind enough to verify) we only have one choice "left" from AAs i was wondering if, wanting to maximise your DPS, you would use that one AA slot available for the improved HB damage, or maybe for something else.

And..if something else, what would that be?
    I think you confuse silver and bronze perks. While bronze perks are always active and you dont need to slot them, silver perks have to be slotted to get active.
    There is no silver perk that increases Hellfirebreath's (HB is that what you mean?) damage.

Hello guys!

I've just tested Immeasurable Empowerment to replace Pressing Strikes.

Well, my hit rating sucks (11.8), but I feel I have a slightly better dps.

What do you think about it?

Default New perk does not appear?

Hallo, I know how perks works, I use them, have few active, but as demonologist I bought recently perk for Shock spell enhancement "empowered Shock". But in menu of spells and abilities in tab called perks, there is no such skill to choose from. Not even in general/archetype/class, not in spell menu, I searched everywhere.

Any clues? Thank You all.
    Active
    Hetepka lvl80 Demonologist
    Ryukuri lvling Guardian

Waiting
    Hathorka lvl50 Herald

Bulldozer fx8120@4Ghz; 8GB Patriot DDR3@2Ghz; MSI M5A99X evo; nVidia 560Ti Hawk@1Ghz; LG 2343T; Genius SW5005
    = running this game full getails, max range of visibility at FullHD@35 fps min.

i guess it belongs to the demonologist section....
    anyway... "empowered <something>" simply buffs the corresponding combo/spell... it's passive and you don't need to slot anything...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by eyelesscz View Post
    Hallo, I know how perks works, I use them, have few active, but as demonologist I bought recently perk for Shock spell enhancement "empowered Shock". But in menu of spells and abilities in tab called perks, there is no such skill to choose from. Not even in general/archetype/class, not in spell menu, I searched everywhere.

Any clues? Thank You all.
    That's an entirely passive perk. It won't show up in the menu's.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast