Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rejoice Pvpers

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    Guild based objectives are fine, but then you have the big powerhouse guilds dominating everything and the small guilds disappear (renown proves that).
    Doesn't individual stuff lead to that aswell ? Don't people that were after fast PvP 10 or fast T4 all gather up in the same couple of guilds ?

You just need an incentive to fight the toughest guilds rather than join them.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Doesn't individual stuff lead to that aswell ? Don't people that were after fast PvP 10 or fast T4 all gather up in the same couple of guilds ?

Exactly (to both)! This can go from rewards for participating, over a situation based self-regulating consequence system to even a hyborianwide factionsystem that takes in personal renown.
    It might be just an issue of HOW you do the guild objectives...renown is quite linear and not situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post

no. Individual stuff doesn't force you to do anything guild related or even join a guild, but group/guild stuff means you can't run around in a guild of 5 friends or guildless. While this doesn't affect me personally, I do remember that we had tons more small guilds pre-renown and the RP community was very vocal in the fact that the new content that was introduced was very geared towards them and it was ironic that none of them would see or be able to use it unless they joined large guilds.

it's just an example. The point is that you can't do the big guild things without hurting small guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

i strongly think, like i posted countless times, guilds should be able to issue pvp quests against random players and other guilds.
    sieging should either be revamped to minigame 24vs24 with huge rewards or tweaked in conditions so they can happen more often and give a lot of prowess and pvp xp.

.guild officers should be able to issue wanted dead generic quests who could be picked up on a poster sign inside guild cities.

.guild leader/leaders should be able to issue generic wanted dead/war to enemy guilds.
    along side allowing allies tag with max 3 guilds in alliance(or maybe just 2) to make both open world grouping against enemy guilds and sieges more reliable, to this day personaly worst thing along side lags is crap siege tagging where players of second raid show as red waste so much unneeded tme tabbing targets.

.further add more open world objectives from pyre system in cimerian end being expanded to every zone/map to maybe include small towers 2-3 per zone with small added bonus to guild controling them somewhat in line with guild city buffs.
    main reason is to allow any guild to have easy world maps pvp objectives, small possies of players would be able to hold a tower and defend it from other possies and guilds.
    further add a monthly/biweekly reset so at least once a month all guilds need to fight to regain territories.

.in even of installing a pvp instance cenarion(pve&pvp instances like epic/normal replacement).
    i realy think would be needed brakets of lvl's so higher lvl's couldnt come slaughter lowbies.
    a tower system would even grant a lower lvl system for lowbies to have more reasons to bunch up in guilds and fight against each other
    while solo players would still be able to use pyre system to progress in pvp in open world.

.all guards removed everywhere, all they do is destroy pvp and allow for exploits kills

.bori removed forever
    Last edited by noite80; 11th March 2013 at 18:15.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Allow entering mini from Bori again. More people can pvo there while waiting.
    I would definitely go to bori more often if I could join minis from bori.

Move Bori to Paikang beside the Memory Cloud.

Take away PVP experience from everyone every minute they are not in combat and tripple the reduction when guildies are on the apposing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    I would definitely go to bori more often if I could join minis from bori.
    Me too. There is no reason why we CANNOT enter to minigames from there.

Nice interview.

But dont start kissing his butt yet, he's not done anything apart from that interview. Sillirion did many interviews and we all know what he achieved for the pvp crowd...

Wait for the content, then you can pucker up if its any good.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 11th March 2013 at 19:01.

I wonder if we will get pvp progress through pvp (note: with factions or some kind of personal renown this does NOT have to mean advancement in power only), without having to grind pve first...or some consequence system that is selfregulating for the pvp servers. I am still curious to know, if the new GD thinks of pvp focus as "more mini game maps" or if he has a broader view (i have no experience with tsw or aion, so i really don't know).
    There are so many consensual changes to pvp that can be done with existing game resources within a few weeks...let's see what comes from the "roadmaps" to AoC.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th March 2013 at 19:13.

A few rough ideas to improve Bori, the idea being to have some guild based spontaneous fight with room for big guilds fighting and room for a bit of everything else. Main idea being to induce altar competion and favouring guild grouping. And having multiple aims, goals to reach depending on the strength of your groupe.

Mats:
    • You can't destroy rare mats from your inventory. (Eventually 1h CD before being able to destroy them).
    • Looted rare mats are empowered. They are worth more % of a sacrifice and give more XP/tokens.

Shrines:
    • Destroying a glowing altar: gives one mini token (xp if more than 6).
    • Increased XP per sacrifice if an other altar is active (above 50% )

Pyres & Limb:
    • Increase the XP given by killing a player with a limb.
    • Increase the XP given by a limb sac if your guild has an active altar.

Groupes:
    • Decrease of XP optain depending on the number of diffrent guilds grouped together.

Tracking:
    • Ranger track limited to 300m
    • sacing a limb on a pyre should show on the map.

I wouldn't mind at all digging if it meant being harassed by players, losing mats, trying to get them back, destroying the altar of the guy that would have looted me, while digging again and protecting the newly dug mats etc. etc.
    With mats actually flowing, going from one side to an other being captured, recaptured ans only "destroyed" by sacking them on an altar it might enduce more fighting spirit as the hunters would be able to lose what they stole and eventually end up with an altar to defend.

At least that's how i'd see things working slightly better in a first time.
    Last edited by Vehl; 11th March 2013 at 20:33.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast