Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rejoice Pvpers

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Tell me, then why don't people in a PVP server who are constantly exposed to PvP get PvP xp EVERYWHERE? Simply exposing yourself to PvP while digging mats is not a reason to gain PvP xp.
    The reason is pretty obvious. By "exposing" yourself elswhere you have guards, mobs, and an actual reward for achieving your given quest. Reward in tokens that will eventually lead you to buy stuff that will also be usefull in PvP. Not the same context.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Give pvp xp from actual fighting instead of digging/saccing. Problem is that you dont really get any xp from actual fights, so why do that? While others dig their way to glory... Fail concept
    The problem isn't digging. It's sustaining a fight. Seems that AoC players aren't able to do anything that doesn't XP anymore so that aspect rules... The digging is the trigger. Bori is suppose to be open-world, spontaneous, groupe based PvP. You need that trigger to have some of that. You need players to be somewhere doing something to trigger that.

Now the concepts that failed. Altars were suposed to compete with each others. Meaning instead of just having one active altar at a time you should have had up to four. Meaning you needed a portion of your groupe to defend your altar, an other to dig/loot from ennemie groupes, and the last slowing down, trying to cap ennemie altars. A paradise for hunters and coordination freaks.
    That's how you were suppose to gain XP while fighting. But instead players destroyed the looted mats and never had altars compete. Because that's what's bloody intresting to achieve. Actually managing to dig while harassed by other players. And if this was actually what players did it would help sustain fights because even if you lose the upper hand you can still recycle yourself in hunting.

The mecanisme Funcom should have deeply looked into is how to make the fights there last and still be guided by the mechanics of the zone. To keep the fight's intresting and as far from rezpad as possible. Digging isn't the issue not to mention viable without being necisseraly bipolar
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Well said Vehl.

Also Rangers and hide mechanics destroyed that zone completely imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Well said Vehl.

Also Rangers and hide mechanics destroyed that zone completely imo.
    This and i also think that total failure of Bori could have been prevented by actually rewarding well from actual PVP and sacrificing would have been only a small bonus for this and incredients from saccing should been from fighting not from stones or trees. The whole CE area should be also considerably smaller.

It really still troubles me what made ex GM to implement this kind of node clicking in "PVP" and not fixing the error asap.

My explanations don't seem to be very convincing... *sigh*
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Since you really can't get rid of Bori, and it's not feasible to reset pvp levels, you have 3 choices.

1. Do nothing
    2. Release pvp levels 11-15.
    3. Release PVP Faction armor. Tweak the stats some so that it's different from the traditional armor, but not necessarily better. Make it so that you have to choose HP vs Damage or Crit vs Magic damage... (just examples... you get the idea). Make 2 levels. Tier 1 and Tier 2 (levels 1-5 and 6-10). You get the gear via mini game wins + mini game tokens. Make Premade wins count but don't offer tokens for premades.

I know people always say that you don't need gear incentive to pvp, and for the most part I agree, but no matter what you say, if you give someone a goal, they will try to achieve it.

Mind you that the guys who are PVP 10 and don't want to focus on different gear won't have to. I don't want to offer better gear, just different gear, if nothing else, cause it looks cool.

Hopefully the thought of getting something new and different would entice new pvpers. And if you make the T1 version of faction pvp armor on par with the mini game set it lowers the gear gap for fresh 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Why gear as an incentive ? Why something individual ? Why not think of guild based objective instead ? Something to achieve for your guild, as a guild and not something to do in guild or in pug indifferently.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Why gear as an incentive ? Why something individual ? Why not think of guild based objective instead ? Something to achieve for your guild, as a guild and not something to do in guild or in pug indifferently.
    Guild based objectives are fine, but then you have the big powerhouse guilds dominating everything and the small guilds disappear (renown proves that).

The bottom line is that you will need more than one thing to resurrect PVP / population. You should offer something for the individual as well as the guild
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Although I don't agree with his other posts, I'll have to side with Vehl on this one.

Making it so that gear is drastically changed like that would bring in a whole new balancing processing that would take FOREVER. Change Bori so it doesn't allow a single guy to go in there and pve his way (albeit very slowly) up the pvp levels. Sure it may be an extreme case, but it shouldn't exist and can easily be avoided.

Bori should be an instance for mass pvp that's always available, without queue limitations, without time limits, without guards, without team restrictions...

-Make Bori the single server instance where PvE and PvP servers can meet for pure pvp.
    -Quadruple the pvp XP in Bori and remove the pve aspect.
    -Remove the Guards
    -Make the lake sanctuary a shallow swamp, so you can fight on it (that would look cool!)
    -Create lots of quests to get bori and minigame tokens in Bori

That's incentive enough for people. Hell even if I was a lowbie I'd go there to learn and would probably only get like 2 kills but the high pvp xp reward would make up for it.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Although I don't agree with his other posts, I'll have to side with Vehl on this one.

Making it so that gear is drastically changed like that would bring in a whole new balancing processing that would take FOREVER. Change Bori so it doesn't allow a single guy to go in there and pve his way (albeit very slowly) up the pvp levels. Sure it may be an extreme case, but it shouldn't exist and can easily be avoided.

Bori should be an instance for mass pvp that's always available, without queue limitations, without time limits, without guards, without team restrictions...

-Make Bori the single server instance where PvE and PvP servers can meet for pure pvp.
    -Quadruple the pvp XP in Bori and remove the pve aspect.
    -Remove the Guards
    -Make the lake sanctuary a shallow swamp, so you can fight on it (that would look cool!)
    -Create lots of quests to get bori and minigame tokens in Bori

That's incentive enough for people. Hell even if I was a lowbie I'd go there to learn and would probably only get like 2 kills but the high pvp xp reward would make up for it.

You're missing the point I am making concerning gear. People need goals, whether they want to admit it or not. It's obvious that they aren't going to go away from the game from being gear dependent. We just have to live with that. Offer a new set of gear, hell keep it the same stats if you are worried about that, but make it a different skin. It would give people something to go after if they CHOOSE to. My suggestion to make it choose one stat over another was simply a random thought. although I do think the PVP T1 gear needs a significant bump to cut the gear gap some.

I've always thought that seiges should have some type of reward. Heck, you get more XP for winning a mini than you do for spending up to 2 hours in a seige.

But depending on the reward structure we might end up with seige farming AND Bori rock banging.
    -There are things in the deep desert that could not be imagined even in the nightmares of a thousand madmen.-

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast