Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rejoice Pvpers

Allow entering mini from Bori again. More people can pvo there while waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Allow entering mini from Bori again. More people can pvo there while waiting.
    Was just going to say that. I agree, we should be able to join mini's from bori. This small change would probably create a lot of pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Yes, it must be worst PvP content alltime in an MMO. Encourages you not to fight... I always wondered why they didnt try to change it.
    No, bori is terrible for AoC but not because is a bad concept, but because AoC players are pathetic.

Yes, the dev team needs to know their playerbase and realese content that will fit it, but bori concept is actually very well made.

It does not encourages u to not fight, on the oposite, it encourages u to fight, another guild.

FC devs work with common sense, and common sense is guilds will fight each others, not make naps.

Another fact AoC devs cant predict is players from thesame group scatered around guilds to leech max what they can leech.

What devs. didnt had in mind is: aoc plaeyers are like girls, they prefer to "allie" with the enemy to grind gear.

Back on tyranny, no guild would hold handswith another on bori and the bloodbath was awsome. Sadly, only US and carnage had the guts to fight for bori, other guilds prefered to hide into BRC than going out ther eand having fun.

While the guild rivalry last, it was hell of fun.

After Draza and his drones gathered to Whole server into a mass of fail baddies to try to Fight US, was when bori turned into a carebear fest.

Make impossible to group outside guild in CE, and the bloodbath will be back.

AoC comunitty = horrid.

A fact that dont take out another fact: FC management was horrid...till now, lets hope.
    Last edited by bolas; 8th March 2013 at 19:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Well who says you need a constant reason to be in Bori if no one is willing to go in there? PvE farming for PvP xp is wrong in principle. The incentive to go into Bori would be to get lots of pvp xp without having to queue up and meet some kind of minimum number of players, flag count or time limit. Minis are already frustrating enough with their poor balancing algorithm. If you need some rare mats... put them in Bori... Create some other incentive other than pvp xp from pve. If people want to duel in khesh until minis pop or Bori gets some visitors, that's totally fine with me. You're free to do what you wish with your time. Let's just be clear in how pvp xp is gained. It should NOT be attainable by freely digging and taking a trip to an altar.
    You are missing the point of Bori. You are not gaining PvP XP for digging rocks. You are gaining PvP xp because you expose yourself. You dig mats, to do that you need to move around, at minimum you need to go from T3 mats to an altar. There's no guards, rezpad is far, you're carrying stuff you don't want to drop and you can't runaway in mini.

If people are digging freely well... at least they are exposed. Not sitting in capital city or in hide near the guards of kheshatta waiting for minis to pop. When you quest in khitai, the reward is for achieving the quest but also for, by doing so, exposing yourself to hostility. At least that's how i like to see it on PvP server. I tend to find it quite irrelevant to so broadly define "PvP" and "PvE" as if the two where completly at opposits. When i quest on a PvP server i don't see it as PvE. I take packs of mobs carefully, i stay in PvP spec, i tend to use a few CC as possible, Never my anti-cc ant get ready to react to the first ranger, sin or whatever that might attack me. I like the story line of the quests and dialogues, but getting attacked while doing a quest is kind of normal in hyboria. Sometimes finishing a quest can be really tough when organised gankers are around, sometimes i won't have any problemes. It's part of the game and that's why i quest.

Personnaly open-world PvP is much more intresting than pug minis as PvP content. Firstly because you can actually groupe with friends there and thus get some proper tactics, team work going. And to be honest i've always kind of despised the players that don't expose themselves in a harsher environnement and don't go against the odds. It's a video game, being bold doesn't cost anything. So XP for being vulnerable ? Hell yes ! What is needed in Bori now is to find a way to encourage the diggers to keep up the fight and make it last. It use to be done by guild rivalery. Now not so much, since people who go their exclusively go their for Gear and AA and don't give a damn about actual PvP.

About giving acces to minis from Bori, hell no/ For the reason stated in the begging and because groupe based content shouldn't be mixed with pug content.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    You are missing the point of Bori. You are not gaining PvP XP for digging rocks.
    So then if you farm a resource node and bring it over to sacrifice and you gain PvP xp... how is that not gaining PvP xp for digging rocks??

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    You are gaining PvP xp because you expose yourself.
    Tell me, then why don't people in a PVP server who are constantly exposed to PvP get PvP xp EVERYWHERE? Simply exposing yourself to PvP while digging mats is not a reason to gain PvP xp.

I don't think I'm missing the point of Bori at all. It's quite simple- You fight over digging rights to get mats that give you pvp xp. When you have NO opposition, you simply dig mats for pvp xp for FREE. Just because there's potential for attack while you're digging "...because you expose yourself..." isn't enough reason to just give you pvp xp even when you're not contested.

Bori should've been designed in a way to prevent players from gaining PvP xp without pvp-ing. THAT is my point. Redesign Bori.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Tell me, then why don't people in a PVP server who are constantly exposed to PvP get PvP xp EVERYWHERE? Simply exposing yourself to PvP while digging mats is not a reason to gain PvP xp.
    Exactly!

/10

Quote Originally Posted by bolas View Post
    No, bori is terrible for AoC but not because is a bad concept, but because AoC players are pathetic.

Yes, the dev team needs to know their playerbase and realese content that will fit it, but bori concept is actually very well made.

It does not encourages u to not fight, on the oposite, it encourages u to fight, another guild.

FC devs work with common sense, and common sense is guilds will fight each others, not make naps.

Another fact AoC devs cant predict is players from thesame group scatered around guilds to leech max what they can leech.

What devs. didnt had in mind is: aoc plaeyers are like girls, they prefer to "allie" with the enemy to grind gear.

Back on tyranny, no guild would hold handswith another on bori and the bloodbath was awsome. Sadly, only US and carnage had the guts to fight for bori, other guilds prefered to hide into BRC than going out ther eand having fun.

While the guild rivalry last, it was hell of fun.

After Draza and his drones gathered to Whole server into a mass of fail baddies to try to Fight US, was when bori turned into a carebear fest.

Make impossible to group outside guild in CE, and the bloodbath will be back.

AoC comunitty = horrid.

A fact that dont take out another fact: FC management was horrid...till now, lets hope.
    The talk of someone in a big guild with the better players. Fine for them, not for everyone else.

What happend on Fury, was that smaller guilds where bleed for players. They left for big pvp guilds, to be able to farm Bori. It actually change the community. There where 2-3 guilds who farmed bori at first.

I cant understand your talk about AOC players suck and the system is fine. This is a paid game, if developers dont know their players/customers it is time to start learning. The customer is never wrong in an MMO.

Give pvp xp from actual fighting instead of digging/saccing. Problem is that you dont really get any xp from actual fights, so why do that? While others dig their way to glory... Fail concept

bori didnt kill pvp, garbage killed it

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Give pvp xp from actual fighting instead of digging/saccing. Problem is that you dont really get any xp from actual fights, so why do that? While others dig their way to glory... Fail concept
    pretty much that
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast