Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New names of raid weapons after 1.05

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    it's all up to the rules decided by the raidleader. if he says to roll on weapons according to the old class restrictions, you have to do that, else it's ninja looting.
    if somebody doesn't agree, he is free to lead his own raid and enforce the rules he wants.
    This is why they should introduce weapon vendors even if the cost is 50 relics for 1h and 100 relics for 2h.

As a raid leader myself I cannot be bothered with the **** storm that arises when I let everyone loot w/e they want as long as they could make good use of it (not for selling reasons) especially from necros

"Ah only reason I'm coming is for the staff blah blah, I've been trying to get it for months and its the only thing I need" etc.

I also can't be bothered with the crap I get for sticking with the old way.

Necro: "Any chance I can reserve the staff? just take 1 necro and bring an extra dps, I'll give you gold if you want" etc

PoM: Can I need on the Necro staff?

ToS: Can I need on the necro staff?

Demo: Can I need on the necro staff?

DT: Can I need on the Guard shield/sword?
    DT: Can I need on the ranger shield/sword?

Guard:Can I need on the ranger shield/sword?

Ranger: I WANT MY SHIELD/SWORD

Tanks: No use to you

Ranger: IDC I WANT IT.

Tanks: Please don't give it to him, he won't ever use it.

Conq: Can I need on the barb weapons?

The list goes on..

I have to deal with this crap nearly all the time even though I clearly mention the loot restrictions etc on the sign up planner.

Unfortunately I usually lead guild raids so I can't always tell them to f off.

At one point I just wanted to say F*** it, everything is FFA, whoever bothers me about loot will get kicked.

Of course all the classes should have a chance of looting the weapon in game that is best suited for them! This is why the class restrictions was removed. Sadly a lot of weapons suck very much and nobody want them. Sadly these weapons are mistakenly named as "Demo staff" "Pom blunt / shield" "DT talisman" to name a few. Thus, these classes get yelled at and kicked and named ninjalooters for taking "other class weapon" but hey there are no such thing as class weapon... You have what is good for your class and what is not good for your class. So what, there is big competition for the "necro staff" and "tos tali" and "demo tali". Accept it, this is the way it is.

It would be nice if Funcom would let people use their useless t2 and t1 relics to buy t2 and t1 weapons of their choice.

Maybe not for t3/t4 stuff...those dungeons are still popular enough to get pugs filled.

Edit: raid leaders are underappreciated. The raid loot drama is another reason on my list to not lead raids. Kudos to those strong enough to handle the raid drama. IMO people should ask before they start the raid what the rules are and go by that, not ask when loot drops.
    Last edited by Anubium; 8th August 2013 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Of course all the classes should have a chance of looting the weapon in game that is best suited for them! This is why the class restrictions was removed. Sadly a lot of weapons suck very much and nobody want them. Sadly these weapons are mistakenly named as "Demo staff" "Pom blunt / shield" "DT talisman" to name a few. Thus, these classes get yelled at and kicked and named ninjalooters for taking "other class weapon" but hey there are no such thing as class weapon... You have what is good for your class and what is not good for your class. So what, there is big competition for the "necro staff" and "tos tali" and "demo tali". Accept it, this is the way it is.
    For me it's not about accepting or not accepting.

I would find it much easier to lead raids if I were to completely remove loot rules, since I don't really care who gets what I only go on raids for fun and to help out my guild since no one else is willing to lead raids. (Although loot is a bonus) Since I wouldn't have to sit around for 5-10mins after every box sorting out who gets what and the QQ that comes along with it.

But the problem is the QQ from both sides of the spectrum, If I enforce the loot rules there is some QQ, if I don't enforce the weapon restrictions then there is a **** load of QQ and accusations flying around and people loosing sleep over purple pixels.

So to make it easier for myself I just stick with it.
    Last edited by Krixus; 8th August 2013 at 17:39.

What is the problem?
    There is no class weapons, barb and guard can share weapon. Guard and DT.

All casters can share dps staff/dagger/tali

Idk I'd just tell the raid at the start (when it was full) that vent is required and that all rolls will be open rolls and to only roll on something that you can use and is an upgrade for your class if you are pugging it out.

If its an in guild raid...then its whatever the raid leader works out before the raid. If that means open rolls, then so be it. Anyone who gest upset should drop out before the raid starts so you don't get raid drama.

DKP has its up and down points too for a guild.

Guilds should use dkp or some system to reward consistent players.

PUGS -- raid lead holds the decision, HOWEVER it's ignorant to think a weapon although "previously intended" for one class shouldnt be available for another to roll on, it's archaic thinking at best.

Plain and simple - the raidleader sets the rules for looting and they should make them clear at the start. The good ones do. If you don't like it then leave or don't join in the first place.
    I remember one pug where the RL rolled dice on his table to decide loot. He made this clear only after the first boss was down. Of course the gear went to his guildmate. I didn't join one of his raids again. There are other raidleaders that I will not raid with anymore because I disagree with their rules, one is in my guild.
    Everyone has a different opinion on the matter and very few people respect and understand that.
    Least time in combat (Master Gyas) Logic: 0:00:01 "Wtf is this sh*t"
    [Global][Chaoskult]: sikk has no mom, he has two dads.[Global][Siekk]: one of them is u
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    The Bloody Peasants - Being dismissive of watery tarts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12