Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Conq PVP Discussion/Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    1HE have a lower base so it doesn't help as much as the 2HE. DTs also have so many abilities across both feat trees that you want and it makes Sustained Rage a bit less viable. For Brute Conqs you have nothing in Carnage that you want so it's a choice of what DPS tools to bring: Sustained Rage, feating out your GODS procs further, or Improved Furious Inspiration. Sustained Rage gives the better returns point for point.
    For the conq I see but for Guard and Dt there are better options. But the feat certainly is not broken as people claim. Someone needs to sticky that lol
    Doomsayer 2008

I cant get my head around on what you guys saying or agreeing upon with :P

Why at least t2 wep? %15 of 108.3 is 16.25dps or so, 15% of t2 wep's dps(112) is 16.8dps; 0.55dps more and it's noticeable suddenly? :P It's not like comparing t2/t3 with t4; there I could agree. But that's not what I asked... tho I wonder if this is the right way of calculating weapon damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    I cant get my head around on what you guys saying or agreeing upon with :P

Why at least t2 wep? %15 of 108.3 is 16.25dps or so, 15% of t2 wep's dps(112) is 16.8dps; 0.55dps more and it's noticeable suddenly? :P It's not like comparing t2/t3 with t4; there I could agree. But that's not what I asked... tho I wonder if this is the right way of calculating weapon damage.
    The calculations are right because it works on the character sheet the same way The numbers you are comparing are 1H weapons rather than 2H, and the reason I picked T2 was fairly arbitrary - if you have an epic weapon on a Brute conq I'd be putting in the time to work in Sustained Rage.

As a quick example of the calculation, on my Bear Shaman right now I have 16.6% weapon damage (melee) on a blue weapon with 125 base DPS. On the second atributes tab (Combat Stats) it shows Rating: 16.6% and Effect: 20.8. When you highlight effect it display - "The actual DPS of your main hand weapon is increased by 20.8". The maths: 0.166 * 125 = 20.75.
    Last edited by Boesch; 25th March 2013 at 04:10.

http://is.gd/K15u7j
    Thats my pvp setup.

Why I took what I did:

-Movement is key in pvp. You stay still you are dead. Maxed out resolute advance. With this I get 30% root resist and charge breaks root. My root resist is now 40% with AA. Many people wonder why I took LH if i worry about movement. Thats why I picked up the charge cooldown reset on kill / group kill. With a decent group, I am jumping from person to person quick enough that the 15% slow isnt even noticeable. Also, I am 100% resistant to other snares. So 15% is a pretty good deal.

-This allows me to stack FI really quick for the for the buffs to banner / technique.

-BA with RA make charge & KD combos quite nice since I can pretty much spam the two with a decent group.

-Decent crit rates as well.

-Disciplines and Formations are FULLY buffed. I also run BfC so my Dps isnt too shabby.

All and all im having fun with it. Took getting used to but its something that has a lot of what I like.
    Last edited by Sidac; 24th May 2013 at 12:04.

That's an interesting build, but I doubt I'd ever get used to the 15% permasnare.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    That's an interesting build, but I doubt I'd ever get used to the 15% permasnare.
    Yeah it makes no sense. One of the first thing he says is movement is key and then he goes and makes himself the slowest person on the battle field. Charging around is good and all but the real movement you need is the make baddies miss their combos speed which doesn't have to do with a charge.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Yeah it makes no sense. One of the first thing he says is movement is key and then he goes and makes himself the slowest person on the battle field. Charging around is good and all but the real movement you need is the make baddies miss their combos speed which doesn't have to do with a charge.
    Yeah, I've always found the various hybrids to be less than the sum of their parts, but it's been a while since I tried one. As a longtime brute, the general tree feats compliment the playstyle and give a nice boost with a good 2HE weapon, while with carnage, that extra durability comes in handy.

If I were doing DW hybrid it would probably be like this: http://is.gd/mUFQw1 with BfC. Charging all over and OP BOA with BfC to heal you might be fun.

2HE hybrid builds just seem lacklustre, but maybe something like this? http://is.gd/CAzqeq
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Way to get conq thread closed

XD

OLP for me. Did 7k crit on someone today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Way to get conq thread closed

XD

OLP for me. Did 7k crit on someone today.
    And I bet he had what.... 1k hp left when you activated it? It's a bug in the game code where if you have a final hit that goes way above what HP your opponent has left, it adds significant amount of dmg to it. I guarantee someone with same immunities, debuffs, and mitigation with 7k HP left would not have been hit that hard.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast