Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming 5 year anniversary suggestions

If they really want to be creative for sales offer things that CANNOT usually be bought, Korean version had the Stat booster pots. Also put pheonix potions back for a limited time only (they are usefull for those times when the raid goes sideways due to lag / crashes etc.. also Zodiac run SUX).

Just putting in vanity items is nice, but in the end worthless to a lot of players.

If its a limited time buy there should be lots of interest.

Maybe put in a LIFETIME purchase option.

Also would be nice to have a GM event or 2, proper events like epic battles or something.

The halloween where you turned into skeletons in OT was a blast - something like that would be cool, but not skeletons .

Fireworks always going everywhere.

GM events or someone taking over normal NPCs (like Conan!) and have them walk around and interact.

A special pet - only available as a one-time and limited time only /claim item for characters currently created - not account wide - to indicate if you have the pet you were active at the 5 year mark.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I've already had a GM knock Conan down for me once in private, I even screenshotted it!

I remember when many of us were upset because we were expecting a celebration at Conan's castle. The celebration got cancelled at the last minute because Funcom felt we misinterpreted what was going to happen and that they couldn't deliver what we seemed to be expecting. Nevertheless, we decided to party on our own, without Funcom's help, by going to Conan's castle, shooting fireworks, dancing, hopping on pillars, and horse racing in large groups.
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

While I don't condone the usual dumb FC bashing that's the norm around here, they have like 3 people left. It's unlikely they can spare time to do anything more than some sub offers and maybe a few free items for everyone. Don't get yourselves worked up.

PVP Event, make the GM's / ASURA / MODS killable, and invite everyone into CE to try (mods dont have special chars from what i understand, maybe give them some beefy gm loving for the event, only workable in CE of course).

GM's hold the keep while the rest of us try to burn it to the ground with them in it

Everyone has a favourite GM or mod, either to hate or love. Just imagine them under your sword or club.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    sub offers and maybe a few free items for everyone.
    Works for me! Invasion sounds fun, but if I had to choose, I don't care so much about the events, show me the money. Last year's pack was nice. Some permanent versions of some of the item shop portals would be nice. Maybe some new subscription options. I'd even consider a lifetime option if it wasn't ridiculous. Better yet, a joint TSW-AoC subscription option...
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

We'll probably just get some potions or something.. or just nothing.

Probably the "usual".

Vanity something something...

some potions..

I would really like Funcom to do something more extraordinary... to get more new players.

Something like 1 week free premium for everyone with access to khitai just for everyone to get a taste of what premium has to offer.

I would hope that for the 5th Anniversary, they have something truly unique and spectacular planned, with major goodies and unique gifts for the customers.

This game had such a dismal start, and it's only been the faith and dedication of it's most veteran players that has kept it going this long, and they deserve to be rewarded in a big way.

Like:

- Special Pet or Mount (Player Choice)
    - Vanity Armor (Not just a cloak, but several pieces to choose from)
    - Pots galore
    - Perhaps a gift package of MoAs, Rares or something. Something that gives players a real leg up in their adventures.

Mind you, I don't actually expect it to happen. Just wishing into the well with the penny in my pocket.

The ball is in your court Funcom!

The new event should feature GMs singing on Ventrilo.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast