Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minigame Balance suggestion

KDR isnt a good indicator?
    What is then?

You'd have to agree players with higher KDR usually move better, perform better, understands their class and other classes, able to counter, know how to position themselves, and knows which target to focus.

KDR is possibly the best indicator we have at the moment.
    You will only have very very few players with good kdr that absolutely sucks like Onepapa. Thats it

Mini win/lose is absolutely BS.
    YOu can join a mini last minute and get a win/loose.
    You can completely avoid pvp to win mini.
    So no, Mini win/lose is bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Spartaacus View Post
    KDR isnt a good indicator?
    What is then?

You'd have to agree players with higher KDR usually move better, perform better, understands their class and other classes, able to counter, know how to position themselves, and knows which target to focus.

KDR is possibly the best indicator we have at the moment.
    You will only have very very few players with good kdr that absolutely sucks like Onepapa. Thats it

Mini win/lose is absolutely BS.
    YOu can join a mini last minute and get a win/loose.
    You can completely avoid pvp to win mini.
    So no, Mini win/lose is bad idea
    win/loss

inb4 pug minis don't matter!

my win/loss with pug minis is about 2.75/1 right now. You make a very weak argument why it's not a good indicator.
    Last edited by twinklez3; 7th March 2013 at 23:40.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    win/loss

inb4 pug minis don't matter!

my win/loss with pug minis is about 2.75/1 right now. You make a very weak argument why it's not a good indicator.
    Then you can factor in someone like Sofeg for anyone that can remember him. Definitely not a great KDR but he won most of his mini games as he just didn't die and he would run the flag. IMO they will have to consider a variable of factors in mini game balancing, not just KDR or win/loss or PvP levels I think using all 3 would be required but just starting with setting the teams closer to the actual game start would be good, this way you can avoid things like 1 team having 2 healers and the other team having none because their healer dropped at the start and that place was filled by another archtype.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Then you can factor in someone like Sofeg for anyone that can remember him. Definitely not a great KDR but he won most of his mini games as he just didn't die and he would run the flag. IMO they will have to consider a variable of factors in mini game balancing, not just KDR or win/loss or PvP levels I think using all 3 would be required but just starting with setting the teams closer to the actual game start would be good, this way you can avoid things like 1 team having 2 healers and the other team having none because their healer dropped at the start and that place was filled by another archtype.
    At least PVE spec tanks that run flags and kill nothing are doing SOMETHING for the team. Whereas, if you have someone like greymouser on your team you might as well have nobody.

Speaking of greymouser and sofeg, I just thought of another idea: keep track of player DPS and if they are doing nothing for 5+ minutes, auto-kick from mini so someone useful can join. Or even a team vote-kick. That's a good way to deal with people who aren't even trying to help their team PVP.

I remember in anarchy online, if you didn't move around in a mini for at least 120 seconds, you were auto-kicked. After 3 auto-kicks, you had to do a "pick up trash" shame quest in order to sign up again.

Average minigame dps could be a server-side stat used to balance minis out, too.
    Dismiss EU
    Peyote US

i think totaly removing kd and adding a weekly ranking system would be best to solve anti winning just kd farming atitude in random pugs

also i strongly believe anyone independant of pvp lvl should be granted pvp7 minigame gear when joining minigames, and prowess gains in enganging in pvp to be at same lvl as doing kk runs.

last but not leats adding quest lines for lvling players to gain more aa's so they reach lvl80 with around 100aa points is a must.

just keep in mind im writting this with my main maxed out in everything and just stacking mastery/prowess points with full aa tree
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i think totaly removing kd and adding a weekly ranking system would be best to solve anti winning just kd farming atitude in random pugs

also i strongly believe anyone independant of pvp lvl should be granted pvp7 minigame gear when joining minigames, and prowess gains in enganging in pvp to be at same lvl as doing kk runs.

last but not leats adding quest lines for lvling players to gain more aa's so they reach lvl80 with around 100aa points is a must.

just keep in mind im writting this with my main maxed out in everything and just stacking mastery/prowess points with full aa tree
    Remove KDR for what?
    Players would just quit the damn game
    Look at any damn pvp game out there KDR is what keeps people playing, not the amzing graphics, not the story line, KDR is the ultimate bragging rights in the PVP world. Now win/loose definately is too but that does not mean in every game, in AOC win loose is bullcrap. one can win mini without even hitting another player which defeats the purpose of PVP.

Win/lose could be good but you can avoid losses in Aoc by leaving last min of game. And lots do so the win/lose ratio for most means absolutely nothing.

i feel more important info is how many matchs player leaves then kd wich can be obtained by many ways wich dont revolve around teamplay
    kd totaly removed and scoreboards with most kills wins and shameboards with most matchs left update everyweek in rating would be better and would promote more teamplay at least
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Mini game win/loss isn't a good indicator until they fix minigame balancing.

KDR isn't a good indicator because of how people easily padded their numbers.

Apply a coefficient to each piece of gear on a player (including the ones in their bag- just have the highest combination counted) and AA and create a sum total for each player.

Then balance the team according to Class (to even out healers and tanks) and Player Coefficient (which will take into account pvp rank automatically, because the coefficient will see the gear). Player Coefficient = Player's Power Potential.

Done.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

KDR?

Not sure about that. Should a sin and ToS with the same KDR be weighted the same?

W/L?

Not sure about that either. I'm only as good as my team in minis, so my W/L doesn't really say much about me as a player unless it's friggin outstanding (which it's not).

However, there are a ton of other factors and weights we could put into an algorithm that would be very easy to implement. I just have no idea what sort of formula to use. Elements of all stats brought up here would probably be suitable, but the weighting and stuff, not sure....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast