Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minigame Balance suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Win/lose could be good but you can avoid losses in Aoc by leaving last min of game. And lots do so the win/lose ratio for most means absolutely nothing.
    Simple.. cowards shame adds a mini loss? I think you people are thinking about this too deeply. The idea is that some people are useless, and will lose more minigames because they don't help their team. So balance the useless people out via minigame loss stats.

I personally have a 2:1 minigame win/loss ratio on one (rather new) character, 3:1 on another. When I start a fresh 80 and join minis, it's easily 1:1 or 1:2 until my gear is better, because I was not able to help my team as much; so they were effectively down 1/2 a player because of me.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Mini game win/loss isn't a good indicator until they fix minigame balancing.

KDR isn't a good indicator because of how people easily padded their numbers.

Apply a coefficient to each piece of gear on a player (including the ones in their bag- just have the highest combination counted) and AA and create a sum total for each player.

Then balance the team according to Class (to even out healers and tanks) and Player Coefficient (which will take into account pvp rank automatically, because the coefficient will see the gear). Player Coefficient = Player's Power Potential.

Done.

All that gear calculation, and (in Deathwish's case), you get fully geared people like Dashtemargo, Ashtyphoon, and Sombreza, who are selfish and do not play for the team.. They focus the wrong targets and don't play as well as an average player would.
    Ashtyphoon: Stands there and casts 1 spell every 3 seconds, worse than pikuu
    Dashtemargo: focuses heavy while clothy burns him down, heavy lives.
    Sombreza: Doesn't even pvp, just goes for the flag and dies over and over.

The thing is, balancing on KDR or win/loss, with people "pad" their stats, will assume they are a great player and will pair them with weak players, which in effect will ruin their stats and balance out over time.
    Last edited by csutton; 11th March 2013 at 03:09.
    Dismiss EU
    Peyote US

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i think totaly removing kd and adding a weekly ranking system would be best to solve anti winning just kd farming atitude in random pugs

also i strongly believe anyone independant of pvp lvl should be granted pvp7 minigame gear when joining minigames, and prowess gains in enganging in pvp to be at same lvl as doing kk runs.

last but not leats adding quest lines for lvling players to gain more aa's so they reach lvl80 with around 100aa points is a must.
    All ideas should be ignored.
    1. K/D should be visible to all. More statistics should be added. Otherwise, if K/D is removed, people will quit.
    2. People should choose from their own gear. Earning gear and gear dependency (which is not too big) makes this game stand out.
    3. AAs are already gained too fast. If someone wants to bore a player by gaining everything too fast, then I suggest him to go work for Blizzard.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    3. AAs are already gained too fast. If someone wants to bore a player by gaining everything too fast, then I suggest him to go work for Blizzard.
    i want 0 grind yo

why? im into pvp, not grind

grind=me as a pvper leaves, all u get is keyturners with t4 gear to hit...a ton of fun >.>

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    i want 0 grind yo

why? im into pvp, not grind

grind=me as a pvper leaves, all u get is keyturners with t4 gear to hit...a ton of fun >.>
    As a PvP player, you would certainly enjoy AA-less minigames. Just add a minigame without AAs into the PvP queue.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by csutton View Post
    All that gear calculation, and (in Deathwish's case), you get fully geared people like Dashtemargo, Ashtyphoon, and Sombreza, who are selfish and do not play for the team.. They focus the wrong targets and don't play as well as an average player would. .....

The thing is, balancing on KDR or win/loss, with people "pad" their stats, will assume they are a great player and will pair them with weak players, which in effect will ruin their stats and balance out over time.
    I can understand the last part will balance out, but it won't be felt for a while and is still very frustrating to deal with until it does balance out. In other words, you'll have a team balanced on KDR that's undergeared making them even more gimped than normal, because at least if you base it on gear, they have a slight advantage even if they suck.

Though, I'll agree this alone doesn't fix the issue with geared players who can't play well.

I feel like the padding mainly happens at low levels, where one class may have access to an ability that's OP against others that don't, so maybe KDR should be broken down into tiers? Something that would scale with the mini-game queue, so people can boast what they want and keep their numbers for their tier. Then maybe I'd consider using KDR for mini balancing. That way, when you hit 80 you'll start with a fresh KDR for that "weight".

So add tiered KDR to the equation for Potential Player Power "P"....
    P = gear coefficient * KDR

It's so simple!
    Last edited by hrgiger; 11th March 2013 at 19:09.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by Spartaacus View Post
    KDR isnt a good indicator?
    What is then?

You'd have to agree players with higher KDR usually move better, perform better, understands their class and other classes, able to counter, know how to position themselves, and knows which target to focus.

KDR is possibly the best indicator we have at the moment.
    You will only have very very few players with good kdr that absolutely sucks like Onepapa. Thats it

Mini win/lose is absolutely BS.
    YOu can join a mini last minute and get a win/loose.
    You can completely avoid pvp to win mini.
    So no, Mini win/lose is bad idea
    Simply put, you can farm kills to inflate your kdr. Everyone and their mother did this back in the day. People walk around with 20k kills that sat on the pad killing naked ppl for hours. Simply put, the system is easy to manipulate based on KDR since its a number that can be controlled by the player.

Also, why do people keep trying to judge priests by KDR? I would take a priest who heals instead of chasing kills anyday of the week.

Win/Loss cannot be controlled so easily unless you have 6 ppl throw a match so your team can win. its a better judge of what matters in a game, winning, not killing. I think PVP lvl should also calculate into this decision so that 10's dont all end up on one side. I remember someone suggesting to take the sum of all pvp players on a team and make that as close if not equal to the other side. This would prevent any game as lopsided as 4 10's on one side and the other team max pvp 5.

KDR stats being visible were in the game but the players that couldnt pvp much whined up a storm and had it removed. Now people dont protect their KDR as much anymore because people dont rag on you for how bad it is. Displaying KDR is not going to help anything, its just going to get us back on the drawing board. we need more stats than KDR and W/L tracked in games.
    Last edited by lonetac; 12th March 2013 at 18:26.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123