Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

Great post with lots of nice information

I have tested strawman a couple of times now and I don't get any higher dps than 630.
    The last one is OP "lazy" build - http://goo.gl/wsRPv

My rotation is GoDS4, FA 8, BB7, TS (dual wield), BA 7, and HoFS 6 as filler.
    Just before BB 7 is landing I activate Volcanic Rage and Heroic Call.

Discipline/Formation are Mettle and Fortifying.
    Test are in Def stance with Lumbering Hulk and no potions or something like that.

Gear are all T1 except Wolves boots and Wrists.

White Damage: 29%
    Blodbath 7: 19%
    Guard of Dancing Steel 4: 15%
    Hail of Furious Strike: 13%
    Feint Attack 9: 8%
    Throat Slash: 5%
    Feint Attack 8: 5%
    Offhand Damage: 1%
    Batter Aside 5: 1%

Is this what to expect from my gear?

I tried this build as well - http://goo.gl/t8sZR4
    This one gave me 575 in dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Projan View Post
    Great post with lots of nice information

I have tested strawman a couple of times now and I don't get any higher dps than 630.
    The last one is OP "lazy" build - http://goo.gl/wsRPv

My rotation is GoDS4, FA 8, BB7, TS (dual wield), BA 7, and HoFS 6 as filler.
    Just before BB 7 is landing I activate Volcanic Rage and Heroic Call.

Discipline/Formation are Mettle and Fortifying.
    Test are in Def stance with Lumbering Hulk and no potions or something like that.

Gear are all T1 except Wolves boots and Wrists.

White Damage: 29%
    Blodbath 7: 19%
    Guard of Dancing Steel 4: 15%
    Hail of Furious Strike: 13%
    Feint Attack 9: 8%
    Throat Slash: 5%
    Feint Attack 8: 5%
    Offhand Damage: 1%
    Batter Aside 5: 1%

Is this what to expect from my gear?

I tried this build as well - http://goo.gl/t8sZR4
    This one gave me 575 in dps.
    Yes. Conq T1-T3 isn't very good and brute conq doesn't really have decent damage until you get a lot of crit and a weapon with high damage. Even reaching (much less surpassing) the 1000 dps mark, especially on strawman, is pretty hard without full Khitai/equivalent gear and a decent weapon (and since there's no good Khitai faction weapon for conq, that pretty much means T3 or better), though of course in a real situation your dps might be lower even you're geared and play well since you should play ball with the other tanks and not just hog aggro forcing goads all the time.

Been doing some experiments with builds lately, testing a build without improved feint attacks and some other stuff, and have been considering Crushing Onslaught, which I used to dismiss as a pure PvP feat. Does anyone know if the -25% damage component works on raid/dungeon bosses, and if it's effective? I'm thinking that if it works, it might worth it in encounters with high damage from bosses like Emp's illusions, T5 Vissy's funeral flames, T5 Yak adds and a couple of other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Been doing some experiments with builds lately, testing a build without improved feint attacks and some other stuff, and have been considering Crushing Onslaught, which I used to dismiss as a pure PvP feat. Does anyone know if the -25% damage component works on raid/dungeon bosses, and if it's effective? I'm thinking that if it works, it might worth it in encounters with high damage from bosses like Emp's illusions, T5 Vissy's funeral flames, T5 Yak adds and a couple of other places.
    he damage reduction does not work on bosses.

It works on some adds. Don't know off the top of my head which ones. I use it for add control, usually in conjunction with Overwhelm, so they move so slowly it doesn't let them move very far.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    he damage reduction does not work on bosses.

It works on some adds. Don't know off the top of my head which ones. I use it for add control, usually in conjunction with Overwhelm, so they move so slowly it doesn't let them move very far.
    Ah thanks, doesn't seem worth it at all then (for pve).

Default I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by -Dagoth- View Post
    Anybody willing to make a PVP guide as well? I just came back and I wish I was half as ''OK'' as I used to be. Between me being awful and the revamps that seem to have happened, I'm a bit lost now.
    Just came back say 2 weeks ago, getting some of the old AOC claim back, but still lost as a goose in duck $hit. I do like the new split build feat they added, meaning you can have 2 viable builds, and switch to which ever is needed for a fight. But my conq build is older then dirt, add to that my account was hacked years back, sometime around 2011 soon after I left the game and had any and all T gear removed from all my toons, I'm starting over for the most part. It's not all bad and the game is still a draw for me. but any help from guys who stayed or came back sooner would be a big help...

Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post
    Just came back say 2 weeks ago, getting some of the old AOC claim back, but still lost as a goose in duck $hit. I do like the new split build feat they added, meaning you can have 2 viable builds, and switch to which ever is needed for a fight. But my conq build is older then dirt, add to that my account was hacked years back, sometime around 2011 soon after I left the game and had any and all T gear removed from all my toons, I'm starting over for the most part. It's not all bad and the game is still a draw for me. but any help from guys who stayed or came back sooner would be a big help...
    For carnage, put Assail and Break Through in the class aa slots, make sure to get fleet of foot, then you can charge everytime your team gets a kill and proc an aoe knockback. Bloody Hack 3 for the snare, Bloodbath 3 or 4 for the quick dot, WW for the big spike damage.

For brute, slot Battlefield Commander, get as much weapon damage buff as you can from general tree, open with guard of dancing steel 3, focus on feint attacks 7 and 8 for your dps on the move, and save feint attack 9 (the new rank from khitai xpac, availble as a dungeon drop, from item shop for 540 fc points, for 50 minigame tokens or 200 dungeon rares) as your burst combo, hail of furious strikes 5 as filler.

Most conks run burning standard and will of vivification as their buffs.

Hello there!

I used to be quite good on my conq and I noticed a significant loss of aggro as brute (especially since I wear T5 armor and weapon). I used to play a lot but now...basically my guild carries me through T5.

Here is the template I use, it's not the most aggro or dps oriented template but it allows me to tank anything anywhere without having to change ^^ (yes I'm lazy)

DPS is almost the same as in T4 gear (1000-1050 on strawman)
    Hate is above my previous T4 mix (20.4%)
    Crit rating and Crit dmg are almost the same (around 24%, can't remember exactly).

However I really feel a drop of aggro.

Any ideas ? Anyone experience the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Hello there!

I used to be quite good on my conq and I noticed a significant loss of aggro as brute (especially since I wear T5 armor and weapon). I used to play a lot but now...basically my guild carries me through T5.

Here is the template I use, it's not the most aggro or dps oriented template but it allows me to tank anything anywhere without having to change ^^ (yes I'm lazy)

DPS is almost the same as in T4 gear (1000-1050 on strawman)
    Hate is above my previous T4 mix (20.4%)
    Crit rating and Crit dmg are almost the same (around 24%, can't remember exactly).

However I really feel a drop of aggro.

Any ideas ? Anyone experience the same ?
    Those points in improved defensive stance are wasted. If you're full t5 you're already at diminishing returns on armor. Move those points into something that gives you dps. I'd recommend fully kitting out throat slash and scourge, as GoDs will be a prime source of damage.

Beyond that I'd look at your rotation as well. I go GoDs 3, FA7, BB7, FA9, hofs for filler. Burst of Agression +Retaliate before BB7 finisher, hateful strikes, heroic call, and irritate as they come off cooldown.

Try to strip naked (your char in game of course), remove your perks, blank your feats, and log off the game. Log back on and equip your gear and do your feats and place your perks. Check if that helps. Had to do that on one of my chars, maybe it was the DT.. Think it was.. Kept having 14% crits averagely even though having 19% crit chance. Turned out that decisive strikes had bugged and even though it was on perk bar it had no effect.