Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

After reading and following this guide a couple of months ago, I started maintanking a lot of hardmodes and some raids, but the other day I went to Memory Cloud with my conq for the first time and I couldn't get aggro but to save other tanks with goad or forced engage.

I was wondering if gear difference makes such a big impact. The other tanks were full T4 and I'm full epic khitai but with T2 2he.

Would T3 sword make a difference?

Yes, the gap between T4 and T2/T3/kithai gear is UUUUUUUGE! Especially when it comes to weapons and aggro.

For exemple:
    When I was full kithai + T3 sword I dealt around 750-850dps.
    Now that I am full T4 with T4 weapon, I usually do around 1k-1k1.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    After reading and following this guide a couple of months ago, I started maintanking a lot of hardmodes and some raids, but the other day I went to Memory Cloud with my conq for the first time and I couldn't get aggro but to save other tanks with goad or forced engage.

I was wondering if gear difference makes such a big impact. The other tanks were full T4 and I'm full epic khitai but with T2 2he.

Would T3 sword make a difference?
    No, T3 sword would not make a noticeable difference. T4 sword would since the upgrade is huge.
    That is actually the item that is going to make the biggest difference. Except the chest, hands and cape T4 gear doesn't have a big aggro-upgrade from khitai epic.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 26th October 2014 at 11:56.

I have a two questions to ask you.First.I've been using "Thrice-Howled Edge of Frenzy" for a while now.Should i go for "proper" t4 conq sword?.I must admit dps with barb t4 is great and sword has 19 dps more base dps than "The Unconquerable Riddle of Steel" but no con and +hate(aggro can be equal due to more dps in edge of frenzy, dunno).

Second.Im also pvp player.
    I have typical carnage build with stone and iron skin feated from general tree.Mitigation :54.0% and 50% prot(chromatic warding).
    These numbers looks preety well, but sometimes i feel rather squishy(...yes) against high lvled demos(pvp 8-10).
    i know "nab i play my barb, sin whatever with much lower prot. l2p"
    but just remember im still a tank and currying flag(sometimes.i have seen my survivalability
    compared to DTs and also guards against magical dmg as lower.
    Sometimes im suprised how long DTs can be in the middle of fight.
    when im focused by demo(+8 lvl)..well..for me its time to run away quickly.
    In some cases it would be nice to have more prot.
    Im thinkig about two ibis 1 handed swords with prot gems.should give me around 56-8% prot.
    will i notice the diffirence worth huge amount of gold need to buy swords?.I will lose 120 str(258 armor) and little dps(2x warlord's blades now)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I have a two questions to ask you.First.I've been using "Thrice-Howled Edge of Frenzy" for a while now.Should i go for "proper" t4 conq sword?.I must admit dps with barb t4 is great and sword has 19 dps more base dps than "The Unconquerable Riddle of Steel" but no con and +hate(aggro can be equal due to more dps in edge of frenzy, dunno).
    I am wondering the same thing. I have recently gotten my hands on the "Thrice-Howled Edge of Frenzy" too and now I need to choose which weapon to use. 100 constitution is a lot. On the other hand there is the base weapon damage of the "Thrice-Howled Edge of Frenzy" which makes quite a big difference too. For me it's already >20dps just standing still and when in a fight and your weapon damage buffs start stacking up and you get weapondamage groupbuffs from for example bearshaman and ranger, I'm not sure which weapon will yield the most aggro.

For survivability conq weapon is the obvious choice.

Can a conq that did some testing or has some experience with both weapons share what they are thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I am wondering the same thing. I have recently gotten my hands on the "Thrice-Howled Edge of Frenzy" too and now I need to choose which weapon to use. 100 constitution is a lot. On the other hand there is the base weapon damage of the "Thrice-Howled Edge of Frenzy" which makes quite a big difference too. For me it's already >20dps just standing still and when in a fight and your weapon damage buffs start stacking up and you get weapondamage groupbuffs from for example bearshaman and ranger, I'm not sure which weapon will yield the most aggro.

For survivability conq weapon is the obvious choice.

Can a conq that did some testing or has some experience with both weapons share what they are thinking?
    I don't play conq, but the OP of this thread said the barb sword has noticably better aggro. Obviously the 800 health can make a big difference with the conq sword.

There's no numbers we have on hate so my observations are really just inferences and lessons I've learned from playing my Conq a hell of a lot.

The T4 Barb Sword has a lot more DPS than the Conq sword; the base weapon damage is multiplied considerably by all the various +% weapon damage buffs and from memory it's about 40 or so DPS on your character screen and a bit more than that in actual game DPS because of higher Crit/Crit Damage.

The difference in hate is pretty low. If I want hate I run the Barb Sword but my experience is that there would be almost no identifiable difference between both if you could put them side by side.

My feeling is that on most fights you should have enough survivability not to need to the Conq sword but it is a great fallback weapon for those occaisions.

Just my two cents.

While i am not sure about aggro, the dps on barbsword has to be higher a bit. The constitution is only a factor if you do not use the bloodbathcombo which does boost your overall dps quite a bit when used constantly even on brutespec. So for using bloodbath you have to switch to dualwield where usually you have less consti which means you lose your hp anyways. If not using bloodbath at all then its simple: Conqsword for MT, Barbsword for OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel View Post
    While i am not sure about aggro, the dps on barbsword has to be higher a bit. The constitution is only a factor if you do not use the bloodbathcombo which does boost your overall dps quite a bit when used constantly even on brutespec. So for using bloodbath you have to switch to dualwield where usually you have less consti which means you lose your hp anyways. If not using bloodbath at all then its simple: Conqsword for MT, Barbsword for OT.
    You regain it when you swap back and the extra armour isn't totally negligible.
    Last edited by Boesch; 23rd November 2014 at 12:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    You regain it when you swap back and the extra armour isn't totally negligible.
    What you regain is not the hp but the possibility to get healed to your max hp again which is unlikely while aggroing tougher bosses.