Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Barb

Sounds to me you need to widen your view on the class alittle. Its not as basic as you make it sound out to be. 24/7 combo rotation is something i personally dont like, and never use. You need to broaden your versitility. Allso you say a zerk spec has the CCs, but you can allmost have as many as a reaver. I have them all apart from the aoe knock (nd no escape) with proper cooldown on them, but as reaver it forces you to do a weaponswitch. (even bow if it helps your dps) Makes the class abit more versitile again.

Allso you should try some more challening raids. Erlik and T4. The class is what you make of it rly. And based upon your complaint. I cannot find anything suggesting you have exhausted the class.

On weaponry, a barbarian might have the biggest selection in the game. There are so many 1h and 2h ingame, and barbarians are one of two classes that can use them all. T3+ provides alot. To look at the selection: http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Well i cannot tell you much about raids from barb perspective but well i know that barb can pretty much be one of first on parse with proper build since some parts of code from begining of game days where everything has its legs and hands are not vanished, solo [pve is one opf the strongest apsects of barb and with couple of variations and certainly tweaks to it could become rational but its still easy as hell and about pvp you gonna get beated by everyone with smallest mistake and if you will not get lucky hits in you wont win which ofc doesnt say anything about same class 1 on 1 duels which supose to be most intresting and enjoyable since at least base mechanics are simillar and there isnt that much unbalance > best duel naked, you can always fell into some not showing gear to others pve t4 nab - even if he would be a keyboard turner you would lose.

HEH wish there would be a private server with classic AoC, hhmmm i still have aoc premier retail colletioners box with install discs so maybe maybe i could do that but who'd play there if there isnt anyone on normal servers.

Anyway imo u should change as fast as you can to other class if you are doing especially pve like tos or basicly tank or heal those never are put in sidetrack

[Text moderated by <Arishanya> Please remember that flaming and trolling on the forums is not allowed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums. If you have any questions on this moderation then please feel free to contact the community manager.]
    Last edited by Arishanya; 7th March 2013 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Depends on your skill level and gear level. But aren't you in Prophets?
    Yes I have toons in the Prophets, but my barb doesn't get access to T4 at all. My sin just got into their alt raid.....

this whole pve thing is cute

but how about pvp?

Barb can get a lil repetative, basically you hit the point you get your tiger/hykarian gear and have to make a few choices. If you want to get better at the barb, do some t3/ t3 5/t4 while working up your pvp gear. Focus on maxing your strength and constitution, while respectivly building crit/crit rating and mitigation/protection (critigation/tenacity)

If you hit pvp t3 and t4 gear and have tried all 3 ATG/zerker / ToolsatHand/hybrid / Upheval-boneshatter/reaver specs in and out of pve/pvp with all the different variations of perks and feat variations you can say you've done it all.

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ragekiller View Post
    Barb can get a lil repetative, basically you hit the point you get your tiger/hykarian gear and have to make a few choices. If you want to get better at the barb, do some t3/ t3 5/t4 while working up your pvp gear. Focus on maxing your strength and constitution, while respectivly building crit/crit rating and mitigation/protection (critigation/tenacity)

If you hit pvp t3 and t4 gear and have tried all 3 ATG/zerker / ToolsatHand/hybrid / Upheval-boneshatter/reaver specs in and out of pve/pvp with all the different variations of perks and feat variations you can say you've done it all.
    I would go with upheaval/without warning instead of boneshatter as perks..but that is according to each ones tastes I gather..

Sooner or later there will be time you wish to roll another char...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

True.
    No class can give it all to you!

If you want a leading, exposed role in raids, choose a tank class.

- If you want a challange, choose Conq, as they are not so commonly considered main tanks (yet?). Most likely the closest to barb.

- If you want to play it safe, choose DT, get VoM and crit-rating.

If you prefer a strong, versatile support role, choose a healer class of your preference.

It'll enhance your raid experience a lot. Another DPS class like HoX or Sin is probably similar in the end to your barb experience.

And while leveling a new toon, enjoy your barb once in a while, and look for less common raids like T3.5.

everyone speaks of barb zerker, ever tried revaer???

to the OP, try playing reaver with the BB gear light armor, using both the predatory instincts and the bubble from AA, you will get lot of evasion and immunity, plus killing lots of mobs at the same time with wreck armor combos and dance of death active...

on raids, with reaver, prepare yourself to steal aggro a lot if you dont be careful when using full bb gear or full tt gear...

i once played as full zerker barb, then hybrid build, and now im playing full reaver, just try out different feats and you will see different aspects on the barb and the necessity to change tactics of engage using any of those 3 types of builds (both for pve or pvp)

here some examples of pve builds good to solo:
    BERZERKER use the perk upheavel and withouth warning with zerker stance, then cc mobs, with them with staggering blows (low levels) then butcher, leave decapitation for a fatality and NO escape for emergencies like fighting mobs with a boss in the mix...alternatevely you can also use the perk At the Gates for extra burst damage
    HYBRID CC mobs with 1weapon, change weapons, and inflicts damage with 2weapons, repeat until they die (use staggering blow in the middle of the fight), change stance with tools at hands perk (start as reaver)
    REAVER NO cc, just pure damage after damage like crazy, starting with jagged cut + impale, then with dance of death + wreck armors, then use predatory instincts mixed with At It Takes perk and fatality with whirlwind, heal with back in fray before reaching 50% health

for groups with reaver, put some points on general to increase stamina regen (good for coppice) and decrease hate or you will steal aggro like crazy, and if you need more hate decrease, on the general tree you can go down and increase it, put some points on protection to be able to reach to lower part of the general tree

Quote Originally Posted by Marlekin View Post
    - If you want a challange, choose Conq, as they are not so commonly considered main tanks (yet?). Most likely the closest to barb.
    If you want a challenge, choose the most easymode and OP melee class out there. And if you're really daring, roll a demo...

To OP:

I'm not hugely experienced on barbs, but I do get the kicks out of using something like this build in single target boss fights: http://goo.gl/kAc54 More fun to play than reaver / general, and the lack of aggro tools (Eyes of Madness is a very poor ability) means that you'll be livin' on the edge unless your tanks really know what they are doing.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast