Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on the Barb

To me it sounds like you hit the wall a bit and have played your barb to the max. You need a breath of fresh air and a new perspective. Try another class. Keep you barb as main for raids but level another class and get to know it as well as you have done your barb.

You have done a lot in (did i read it right?) a month. Sounds like you simply have played it too much.

I am admittedly an alotholic and want to switch around a lot, but for me when i get bored with one of my toons i hop on to the next one.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Reaver barb in group/raid pve is not fun, you just dps dps and dps, no special combo rotation needed, nor much timing of using buffs and you can fall asleep while you're doing an upheaval combo :P and you'll still do lower damage than equal geared conqs. I change to pvp spec whenever dps is not that much needed so I could have some fun

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    Reaver barb in group/raid pve is not fun, you just dps dps and dps, no special combo rotation needed, nor much timing of using buffs and you can fall asleep while you're doing an upheaval combo :P and you'll still do lower damage than equal geared conqs. I change to pvp spec whenever dps is not that much needed so I could have some fun
    If you dps like I do, conqs will qq for more dps...but wait, they can also tank...

Last parse i did with a barb inside vile i hitted 1.5k damage with dt's on group, and can even do more but will steal aggro easly, even with general tree fulled for hate decrease and 2 aggro tools, also, using tt gear except the legs, vile cloak, 2 rings from milestones quest, blue neclace from AI distric, so I can only imagine what I can do with T4 gear

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    If you dps like I do, conqs will qq for more dps...
    Many good conqs would laugh at this sentence. You just cant outdps equal geared/skilled conqs, period.

And you wont do much more dps with t4 gear, you'll do a bit more dps and a lot more aggro control.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    Many good conqs would laugh at this sentence. You just cant outdps equal geared/skilled conqs, period.
    you said it right, equal geared/skilled, and i havent found many of those (at least on PvE server), so what i said goes for most of the ones i saw with better gear but not better skill or good feated...and yes, the barb has less dps than conq for now at least, but also too many barbs out there qq about the lack of dps on barb and i dont, because i know what the class is capable of (it could be more of corse, since its a DPS class and not a tank, but its funcom at its best)

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    you said it right, equal geared/skilled, and i havent found many of those (at least on PvE server), so what i said goes for most of the ones i saw with better gear but not better skill or good feated...and yes, the barb has less dps than conq for now at least, but also too many barbs out there qq about the lack of dps on barb and i dont, because i know what the class is capable of (it could be more of corse, since its a DPS class and not a tank, but its funcom at its best)
    Dont think more dps needed in pve without more -hate but zerker's need some dps, maybe buffing two handed combos, reworking reverse swing feat and few others etc. if they gonna do a revamp like conqs(in 2015 when they'll look into rogues) it would effect reaver also; f.e. they tried to buff brute but made carnage top single target dps with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123