Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear Smash Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    People like to use IB2 due to shorter animation, thus it's superior for Pvp. For Pve, I just use IB4.
    Also this -> http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180442

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    People like to use IB2 due to shorter animation, thus it's superior for Pvp. For Pve, I just use IB4.
    Actually it works better even in PvE: strawman parser gets an increase of 50 - 100 DPS.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting. I never parsed the different ranks of IB, just assumed that common sense dictated IB4 would do more pve damage than IB2, silly me!

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Actually it works better even in PvE: strawman parser gets an increase of 50 - 100 DPS.
    That is weapon dependent from my testing, if you don't have T3 or better, you should use IB4.

Quote Originally Posted by Herath13 View Post
    That is weapon dependent from my testing, if you don't have T3 or better, you should use IB4.
    That could be true, since I ran my parsers mostly with T3 crafted blunt when I tested it.

Anyway I have a different explanation (not sure it is correct):

1. Bleeds from IB2 and IB4 do same damage, and they are actually most of IB damage, assuming you have Mutilation feated (as you should, in PvE)

2. IB2 has shorter animation, so bleeds (which start at the end of combo animation) overall will be up for longer time in the long run. Even if you gain just 2 sec (don't remember exactly and I can't check now, but even if it's just 1 sec the point is the same) per animation, on a 2-3 min parser those seconds will become something noticeable.

3. IB4 combo has more damage than IB2 (I'm talking about combo, not bleeds), but you have to consider what changes over the time. Actually IB2 combo ends before, and in the same time you would have spent for IB4 you can start a SB opener for example.

Whatever is explanation, in the long run your rotation will provide more DPS with IB2.

I'm curious if it is really weapon dependant as someone says, but I can't check it at the moment.

On my tests (cannot be confirmed, but after lot of hours parsing I got these conclusions) parser result is even dependant on ping: 2 people with different pings parsing whatever player with same parsing program and version will obtain slightly different results (person with highest ping will parse a bit lower).
    Also a player with highest ping will generate a bit less DPS even performing same rotation perfectly smooth with same gear and AA.

These are smaller differences anyway, and nothing we can do somethibg about.

To use IB2 instead of IB4 both in PvP and in PvE instead is actually better and an easy change (again, I'm not sure if it is weapon dependant).
    Last edited by Calore; 18th May 2013 at 13:45.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Ill weigh in. The reason I do it is explicitly for it's shorter animation. Shorter animations = more white hits. If you are exploiting shields correctly your white hits will always be at the top of your parse. Extra hit on IB4 = 1 less white hit or a slightly longer IB cycle. I've gotten white hits up to 4300...sure, sometimes I get unlucky on white hits, but they are usually ridiculous. It doesn't add much dps per cycle but over time adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore
    1. Bleeds from IB2 and IB4 do same damage
    Not true. I have tested this very thoroughly.
    Here is a post of mine from old forum about the IB2 vs IB4:

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi
    Internal Bleed II scales to higher ammounts of dot damage despite having lower dot-basedamage than Internal Bleed IV. This is when you pair it with a good weapon and sick weapon % bonuses.

If my memory serves me right, once you go above 100% weapon damage or so the dot from Internal Bleed II will outdo Internal Bleed IV dot. This number increases and decreases depending on your generic/2hb combatrating and blunt weapon base damage.

So basically, if you have a good blunt you should use IB2. If you have something sub-t3 you should use IB4.
    Group setup and buffs could also be something to consider here. Here is a crazy dot number I achieved once:
    Your Internal Bleed II crits Animal Handler for 3964 slashing damage.

For PvP I would recommend IB2 either way.

I have tested even tested rank Internal Bleed I, which should be the one with better payoff if you followed logic, but no.
    Another fact here is you can execute Internal Bleeds faster and increase dot uptime due to the shorter finisher animation.
    Internal Bleed II is king.
    However one drawback I see is a lack of bonus damage from combo opener on IB2, which on IB4 can hit damn hard (above 3k crits a regularity)
    Still this doesn't outweight the benefits from using IB2, especially if you have good weapon.

To conclude is easy, still I like this problem and find it interesting. It's a shame we got no Internal Bleed V from Khitai with super swift animation to redeem the weak IB IV =(

Do you remember if you've tested them with rampapge or not?

I've tested with and without, mainly with as it's a major factor in boosting our weapon damage %.
    Of course I kept track of Rampage when it procced and not.

what do you think about balance of nature? is it must have at least 1 point feat or just skip it and better to put as many points as possible in Endurance of bear? pvp purposes only.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast