Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I've been told killing a boss inside Bubshur House and then logging out is guaranteed fix also.
    Yes it is, but it doesn't have to do anything with Bubshur House in particular. It's about doing whatever UI change > go to random instance > get bound by killing a boss > log out.
    Bubshur is the most convenient one though, running down the stairs and killing that undead mini boss is the fastest way to do it.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Any new tricks for fixing Keybinds? Mine still reset every time I log out.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Yes it is, but it doesn't have to do anything with Bubshur House in particular. It's about doing whatever UI change > go to random instance > get bound by killing a boss > log out.
    Bubshur is the most convenient one though, running down the stairs and killing that undead mini boss is the fastest way to do it.

It's pretty ridiculous that you have to jump through hoops to do things in this game that should be straightforward and simple.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous that you have to jump through hoops to do things in this game that should be straightforward and simple.
    This only started happening when FC started hosting our localconfig/settings for us (a la * cloud * ) several years back, and only after the round of server merges thereafter (database and/or file perm issues....someone on the server team please look....possibly overrise local user setting if you persist on this course otherwise, turn to page 2).

Page 2

FC could save themselves the heart-ache of yet one more MAJOR hurdle for EVERY player out there by simply relinquishing this one 'feature' of convenience that never worked properly. Drop the code. They're MY settings, they're MY responsibility. Why burden yourselves with a non-issue from your perspective and a serious one from the players.

Preese considarr.

Default Controlls wont save how to fix?

Hey im having an issue in game that my new key bindings wont save.
    Is there any fixes for this? its realy annoying to re set keybindings or settings or even the chat each time i login.
    I would love to know this also i googled this issue but dident find any fixes im probly blind.
    Would realy apreciate it if someone could share this information

Ty for your help in advance

go to any indoor instance like relicquary, brc entrance, etc. set yr stuff and relog

If the above suggestion fails to work as it did in my case there is another work around that works. You must first log into the game and adjust your settings how you like, then alt+tab out and nagivate to the prefs folder

C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Prefs

Note: you must have " show hidden files" enabled in windows settings to see the "Appdata" folder. If you are unsure how to do this I have included a link with more info.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...w-hidden-files

In that prefs folder you will see another folder with your account name, Right click this folder , click properties and set it to "Read only" and include all sub files and folders. This will lock your settings files and prevent them being overriden by funcoms server. After a few days of it running like that funcoms server files will update accordingly.

I was going to make a long winded post on the forums regarding this issue as I spent the better part of an hour or two last week trying to solve this issue. I finally did and this is a bug that should be top priority. Let us know how it turns out.
    Last edited by Laethiel; 17th September 2016 at 01:20.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

have a look through this sticked thread in the Technical section to see if any of the suggestions will solve it for you:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...Fix-in-Post-40

Merged threads. Stickies are a good thing and should be used.
    Short cuts make long delays.

The workaround that works for me EVERY time is to log off to character screen (Alt+F10) while being inside an Armory. Checked with Tarantia and Conarch Village and works in them both. I save my changes there ever since I discovered it.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast