Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

All the work-arounds people are posting do fix some of the issues, temporarily. But it does not fix multiple guild chat subscribe options, particles not saving, name tags not saving, AND the bug reappears pretty quickly. Not to mention it's still a pain in the butt to have to do this to fix a simple funcom bug.

SO, thanks to the folks that have figured out some of the work arounds and temporary fixes and have posted them.

Hey Funcom, how about ya do something with this pretty soon here?

Way too many things in this game that have to be out-sourced. Bug work-a-rounds, Feat planners, reasonable and usable UI's, Guild Bots, aoc>tv armory, and I'm sure the list can go on.

Great game, just lacks shine and functionality in some areas.

Fixing chat windows/UI by deleting all chat windows works, but how do I fix it so my male toons have their facial hair on character select? Deleting chat windows down to 1, etc. is not working for that. Anyone? Please? It's been so long since he's had a beard on char select.
    Conqueror Mairenne ~ Guardian Isabetha ~ Dark Templar Adayna
    Ranger Annalici ~ Barbarian Cailannah ~ Assassin Kaidha
    Necromancer Laylesi, Stirmatka ~ Demonologist Mavash ~ Herald of Xotli Nebithet
    Priest of Mitra Siracus ~ Tempest of Set Millah ~ Bear Shaman Yasuyin

Default How to save your UI settings without deleting your chat tabs.

Firstly, I want to say that this makes no sense but it does work. It's like magic.

I had logged on my 80 Assassin to find that the map was in the center of my screen. Somehow it had saved that way. I usually keep it small and at the bottom right hand corner of my screen. I put the map back where it belongs and used /camp to log out.

I had previously used the technique posted on the Requiem Nex website to delete all my chat tabs so that I could successfully log out but over time my character had become corrupted again and wouldn't save upon /camp'ing out.

I tried at least 30 times to save my map closed and out of the way over the next few days but it wouldn't work. I kept changing the locaton of the map each time I logged in, in case by some miracle it would save when I logged out.

One day I /camp'ed out and again it couldn't connect to server. I typed in my password again and logged in to check on a fresh level 5 character. When I logged out that character it did connect to the server and save. This was no surprise as I had deleted all chat tabs on this character. I logged back on my level 80 character and the map was no longer in the center of my screen!!

I quickly tried this with my level 80 PoM character putting a timestamp on my Tells tab. /camp'ed out. Couldn't connect. Logged on my level 5. /camp'ed out. Could connect. Logged on my PoM. Saved!

I've got no idea why this works. Somehow it retains the UI info even though it can't connect to the server to save it and saving on another character must save for all characters.

Default Settings not staying

Everytime I relog all my setting have changed. map size, damage numbers etc etc. Its getting quite old, anyone have a fix

same here, can't bind keys because it's always ****ed.
    Retired

Yeah its freeking annoying. I have same with my old characters... everytime i log i need to adjust everything again and again and this problem has been already for months..ffs
    I recently created new character. That toons specs are saved each time after log off.

www lowerping com

Try this - I use it as an oceanic player to help smooth out the spikes in my latency.

Side bonus is I noticed since using it my settings started saving without having to do the /camp or wait to time out thing.

You can use lowerping for free for 1/2 an hour. So you can test if it works before spending any coin. Even if you just use the free version now and again to save your settings it's probably a lot easier than the other methods.

If I had to guess I'd say the whole settings save thing is due to a low timeout setting that funcom has set. The better your ping the better chance you have of settings being saved. Also the less chat history you have the less data to be sent to them.

Quote Originally Posted by aegeas View Post
    www lowerping com

Try this - I use it as an oceanic player to help smooth out the spikes in my latency.

Side bonus is I noticed since using it my settings started saving without having to do the /camp or wait to time out thing.

You can use lowerping for free for 1/2 an hour. So you can test if it works before spending any coin. Even if you just use the free version now and again to save your settings it's probably a lot easier than the other methods.

If I had to guess I'd say the whole settings save thing is due to a low timeout setting that funcom has set. The better your ping the better chance you have of settings being saved. Also the less chat history you have the less data to be sent to them.
    Doubt it in eu i had 25-30 max ping and it didnt save...

Default AOC Settings Save Fix - new utility to fix saving settings

This is for players that have problems with their settings being saved.

I wrote a utility that fixes that Funcom character settings XML files that don't get uploaded properly.

The old method that you use to manually fix this (deleting all your chat tabs one by one) is no longer needed. This utility won't mess up your chat tabs or any other preferences.

The problem with the Funcom Windows.xml file is that it keeps a small history of each chat tab (which also gets sent to Funcom). As players type more and more into the various chat windows, the XML gets too big to get stored on Funcoms servers. This removes the users chat history from the settings files so that they are small enough to be saved once again, and prevent AgeOfConan from overwriting it with their version of it temporarily while it has been cleaned.

To use it,
    • start the AOC Settings Save Fix utility, and
    • before logging into the game world (from character select screen is fine) press the BEGIN button, and YES to confirm that you're not logged in yet
    • Log into your character, and when you're able to look around in game, press the STEP 2 button
    • Adjust your bars/windows/settings however you like
    • log out - make sure you let the logout timer countdown all the way down without pressing the exit button - and you've fixed one of your characters!

The utility is attached to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 11th March 2016 at 08:43.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast