Thread: Shadow Blade

Default Shadow Blade

Hey,

has anyone recently tested shadow blade?

the description is pretty bad..and it was bugged many times so whats the current state.

1point?
    5points?
    bugged?

does it scale with anything? (besides hex stacks)

thx

It pretty much doubles your hexes as it just procs in the background. It scales with magic damage and I definitely recommend it for tali users. It was broken a few months back, but was working last I tested it. Just do a parse and see how many hexes happen per minute. It's around 6 without, and 11-12 with 5 points. Each point adds an extra hex per minute I believe.

If you're gonna stick 5 points in Talisman Mastery, it's an utter waste not to put atleast 1 point in shadowed blade.

That is all.
    AFJ still owner of Caelnach
    Jimmies status:
    [ ]Not Rustled
    [x]Rustled

Thx TeamVernia, i will try to reproduce your results.

edit: just tested for me it was an increase of 4proccs/min with 5points

it also scales with mgc dmg as you said but SO badly... (+ ~600magic dmg resulted in + ~40dmg per hex, with overall 10procs its ~400dmg in 60sec, so at best 7dps ^^)
    Last edited by Mantic0r3; 7th March 2013 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    Thx TeamVernia, i will try to reproduce your results.

edit: just tested for me it was an increase of 4proccs/min with 5points

it also scales with mgc dmg as you said but SO badly... (+ ~600magic dmg resulted in + ~40dmg per hex, with overall 10procs its ~400dmg in 60sec, so at best 7dps ^^)
    Have you tried testing with your best crit rating gear on too? I'd be curious to know how much VoM buffs affect it. Also I swear it's at least 5 extra procs. At least it was on the Thoth fights I looked at back when. 5 points for 4 procs sounds off unless it's broken in some way.

Either way I think it's an improvement over improved Aura of Dread Fury from a single player perspective. Don't know for sure when a full group is involved though. Stupid work won't let me test, though.
    Last edited by TeamVernia; 7th March 2013 at 17:53.

just to clarify: this test was without casting hex, therefore any proc was per default by shadow blade, over 2min 30sec fight i had exactly 10 procs (with 5points)

ofcourse better gear will improve the dmg output but thats not point as it does increase the dmg output of any other ability too.

btw i agree with the usefullness of the feat, still it could be a bit better
    Last edited by Mantic0r3; 7th March 2013 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    just to clarify: this test was without casting hex, therefore any proc was per default by shadow blade, over 2min 30sec fight i had exactly 10 procs (with 5points)

ofcourse better gear will improve the dmg output but thats not point as it does increase the dmg output of any other ability too.

btw i agree with the usefullness of the feat, still it could be a bit better
    I suppose it's a random thing then. You might get more procs 1 min over the next, and yes it could use some tweaking I guess, though the VoM situation needs to be fixed first. So... never?

forgot to mention it before: all dmg numbers are non crit! and without hex debuff, its the raw dmg increase for the featpoints which ofcourse scale up with gear buffs/debuffs and so on.

5procs/min could be possible with a bit more luck^^