Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demo Bible 4.0

Better crits,yes,better dmg in the long run,no

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    thats why sc chest is in my pomp slot
    No point doing good, if you cant look good doing it.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    For PvE you get better crits and damage off of Shockstrike anyways...
    Higher crits; yes. Higher sustainable damage; no. Besides, doing a 10k shockstrike has higher risk of pulling agro.

You won't top any parse with decent players in the raid by doing shockstrike, shock and shock lance only. If you want to top damage, you need two points in Combustion, and 5 points in Improved WoF. The best way for PvE dps is by Bindings of the Skylord and Ring of Fire. Rotate smart and use planar shift and suble illusion before your hard nukes. And get a proper tank or you will die. :P
    Last edited by Buyten; 6th June 2013 at 14:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Higher crits; yes. Higher sustainable damage; no. Besides, doing a 10k shockstrike has higher risk of pulling agro.
    This is the one part of the game where I think Demos are broken (in PVE anyways). We are built to be the highest damage-dealing class in ranged combat in the game, with some nice AOE capability. However, if we actually use those high-damage attacks, we pull agro from the Tank and die, resulting in Demos needing to self-limit themselves to doing -less- damage than most other classes in combat.

Making a class have the biggest boom in the game and then constructing it so that they will die (and possibly their team as well) if they use it seems like counter-logic. You almost have to build your abilities with the understanding that you won't use them except in PVP (where just the name Demo is enough to generate agro).

What raid are you talking about? All fights are different especially in T4. If your on 6-mans in Zodiac how often will you be able to WoF? On Entitiy Shockstrike is the way to go. What about T3? Feating chained Shocktsrike and rotating WoF works for Thoth, besides, your detonate will be used mostly to kill the Havoc. If you cast Bindings and all your instants you will be out off mana in under 6 minutes even using Archfiend, instants are what eat your mana...

You can't WoF every fight and you should not rely on that as your main DPS. All fights are different, even in PvP Shockstrike is better because the crits can finish someone off or fatality them. Sure FoG is faster, but every situation, raid, and 6-man is different. Generalizing parse DPS is pretty much only for several fights in T3 and everything under...

Besides, parse DPS is easily tricked, like putting your pet on a phylactery...

And besides, if your talking highest crits several classes can put out the same single target dps (some better) than demo...
    Last edited by Suctum; 6th June 2013 at 16:54.
    Doomsayer 2008

Fully agree with you Suctum. Remember that far from all Demonologists reading this thread will need to think of Zodiac, and of course no point in using Waves of Flame there if you are on sixman group. It is highly situational to if you can stand 8 meters or shorter.

Waves of Flame deliver a hit that is 40% the strength of a Shockstrike (plus chained). You can do two Shockstrikes in the time it takes to fully channel Waves of Flame (with Ring of Fire x5). 2 x 100% = 200%

Waves of Flame hits 9 times. 9 x 40% = 360%

So even if Chained Shockstrike would proc every time that would still not do higher damage than the Waves of Flame. While Waves of Flame is on cooldown or you need the range, Shockstrike is of course the better choice because of Chained Shockstrike and Shock Lance.

If I have Tos in group or BS that use Ether Thirst, I use instants and Bindings. If not, I leave out Bindings for Renegotiation. If I can't stand close, I leave out Ring of Fire for Cacodemon.
    Last edited by Buyten; 6th June 2013 at 17:20. Reason: typo

A question about Fury of the Underworld. Isn't that right that this feat increase a critical chance of pet by 10% (with 5 points taken) based on crit chance of yours? And for example demo having 20% crit chance will have crit chance of his pet increased by 2% (10% of 20) equals 22%.

Quote Originally Posted by ethrik View Post
    A question about Fury of the Underworld. Isn't that right that this feat increase a critical chance of pet by 10% (with 5 points taken) based on crit chance of yours? And for example demo having 20% crit chance will have crit chance of his pet increased by 2% (10% of 20) equals 22%.
    It's just a filler feat, I would not think to hard about it. When they first changed Pact of Earthwalkng, it was decent because it affected your pets critical heals, but because weapons and items are so much better now than then it's not really something you want to feat specifically for now, unless you have extra points.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ethrik View Post
    Seems correct yes. Checked the log and it has 2% more crits than my Incinerate (5).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123