Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Failed to authenticate with character server BUG

Default Collective Addition

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    ... lost 20 minutes of my life.
    This...

Now add up all of those minutes across all of the people who lost them.
    I'll show you roads overgrown and paved with promises long since forgotten, but what you take away will be as much about you as it is me. https://hjbuell.com/about-me/

Three times during raid tonight. Changing chars at Entity made this message appear three times..

Aaand I lost my Dragon Tear - no bidders on it.

Come to think of it. I never had this message before on relogging. Yesterday I replaced my internet modem.. Could that be the case, some MTU setting too high or something?

Please anyone in funcom, its easy to fix this!

To anyone whos able to get client sourcecodes!

Its just 4 simple steps:

1. Get sources...
    2. Find routine uploading settings to server and checkout that file...
    3. CLEAR history of ALL chats tabs just before settings are sent...
    4. Check in sources...

This will solve following annoying issues:
    1. Failed to authenticate with server...
    2. Failed to autologin after /camp...
    3. Settings not saving after logout..

There is only 1 negative - loosing chat history after login!
    Its not perfect solution but its simple enought to be done by anyone!

Its 5-10 minutes work that should have been done 2 years back. There are many ppl having this issue and they manytime loose more than this 5 - 10 min.

Wondering how to reporoduce this issue?
    Login, write few messages in guild chat, write few messages in global, few tells, few group messages, do /camp logout and repeat until this issue appears.
    Last edited by S4Char1n; 22nd January 2015 at 00:12.

I don't know why, but it seems like my old modem handles this better than my new.

The new one is an Inteno DG301B-W7P2UD. The old one is an Inteno DG150B.

After I hooked it up to my network two days ago, I have had the authentication problem at least 20-25 times.

I hooked up my old modem again and logged off and on just for testing for 20 minutes straight and not a single time did I get the fault.

Edit: Hooked up the new after, and got the authentication fault on the first relog. Waited out the 20 minutes, and tried again, got it again. That can't be a coincidence.

Wouldn't be surprised there is some kind of router/modem setting that needs to be changed for this to work. Maybe it has something to do with encryption of passwords or how the login data is handled? And lack of support for that on certain routers?
    Last edited by Shax84; 22nd January 2015 at 14:23.

I have found the source of my problem.

It is not the character logs or what not, it is the communication tunnel between the internet modem and my isp.

What triggered this fault on my side was the new internet modem delivered from my ISP.

With the DG150 modem, there was no problems with failed to authenticate with character server.
    With the DG301 modem, I had the failed to authenticate with character server every god damn relog I had.
    Swapped back to DG150 just for testing, and it worked fine.
    Swapped back to DG301, and logged on fine, relog, failed to authenticate with character server. Three times in a row.

Installed Private Internet Access VPN. Connected to Sweden server, with following settings: All Speed No Safety — Data Encryption: None / Data Authentication: None / Handshake Encryption: ECC-256k1

This setting gives me no less downstream bandwith and the same ping to Speedtest server as with PIA disconnected. 135ms in Age of Conan.

Relogging with DG301 and VPN active worked 10/10 times so far. So there is an encryption issue with some internet modems and internet providers.

This is a workaround until I can figure out the setting in the router that would make it work without VPN.

After changing my antivirus (went from G-Data to BitDefender), I got the "Failed to Authenticate" problem. I put all the AoC .exe files in the firewall white list, no problem anymore.
    Last edited by Nephturi; 1st February 2015 at 00:44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

the last month ive noticed i have had to log about 10-15 times Before i get in getting the trying to authenticate message and later on the timer. Last 2 Days its almost impossible to login at all. No new updates on my computer or any drivers out of date that i can remember but it seems to have started shortly after the Vanaheim update. anyone else having issues with this? i also get loads of latency issues if i do get in. No viruses or trojans no internet trouble or other game issues just aoc. looking for advice wanna play :P

Quote Originally Posted by Steien View Post
    the last month ive noticed i have had to log about 10-15 times Before i get in getting the trying to authenticate message and later on the timer. Last 2 Days its almost impossible to login at all. No new updates on my computer or any drivers out of date that i can remember but it seems to have started shortly after the Vanaheim update. anyone else having issues with this? i also get loads of latency issues if i do get in. No viruses or trojans no internet trouble or other game issues just aoc. looking for advice wanna play :P
    Same here. Only this started happening yesterday. Logged in, no issues. Did a raid and suddenly i got dc from aoc NOT Ventrillo or any other internet service, after that i could not log into the game again (tried restarting the client twice). Gave up and did not try to log in until 2 mins. ago. I cannot log on! Hello? Team? Hello? Funcom??

Ps. No i Haven't changed anything on my pc or any other stuff that I can change. Game worked fine until yesterday evening.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."