Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 x64: Slow Loading Times and Low Perfomance - Solved

Default Windows 7 x64: Slow Loading Times and Low Perfomance - Solved

The reason is a Windows update.

Remove the following Windows update: KB2492386 (concerns "Game performance").

If you are experiencing crashing to desktop (not the DXGI error), remove KB2670838.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 6th March 2013 at 09:35.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Moderators, can this be a sticky? Thanks in advance!
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Thanks LA for the heads up!

2670838 causes my game to crash every few minutes (even when I'm idling). I've unintentionally double checked it

I am posting here so that more new players pay attention to these bugged updates.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I am posting here so that more new players pay attention to these bugged updates.
    This should be sticky. Seriously - this update made my game crash for the first time since like 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    This should be sticky. Seriously - this update made my game crash for the first time since like 2010.
    I do wonder why it causes your game to crash ... as I have this update installed (along with every other windows update) and no such issues to speak of ... very odd ...

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    I do wonder why it causes your game to crash ... as I have this update installed (along with every other windows update) and no such issues to speak of ... very odd ...
    A lot of people have it installed and nothing happens - probably hardware related.

1. I started having random crashes several minutes after launching the game - it could be 10 or 20 minutes, but usually not longer than it take to kill one raid boss. I didn't have crashes since the release of RotGS.

2. I searched for the solutions (a few of my guildies also had this issue) and found this thread.

3. I deleted the update (did nothing else) and the game started running normally.

4. The next day I accidentaly installed it again and the game started to crash again in the same manner. After uninstalling for the second time (and "hiding" that update) everything works fine.

I'm pretty damn sure it's that crappy update.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 19th April 2013 at 06:27.

Also If you've installed Explorer 10, KB2670838 will automatically install itself as it's part of IE10 now. Uninstalling it will remove IE10 as well so hope you weren't using it. Guess they want to force this update down our throat.

KB2670838 used to be called a platform update for win7x64. Now it's just an update for windows with the release of IE10. Worst #!#$ing update ever. Although if you're running Windows 8 there is an update that fixes KB2670838. No suck luck for Win7 though.
    Last edited by Szass; 1st May 2013 at 10:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    DO you know if you ever installed the June 2010 Directx SDK/end user runtime drivers as KB2670838 is incompatable with 4 .dlls in that driver update.

D3D10SDKLayers.dll
    D3D11SDKLayers.dll
    D3D10ref.dll
    D2D1debug.dll

Quote Originally Posted by Szass View Post
    Also If you've installed Explorer 10, KB2670838 will automatically install itself as it's part of IE10 now. Uninstalling it will remove IE10 as well so hope you weren't using it. Guess they want to force this update down our throat.

KB2670838 used to be called a platform update for win7x64. Now it's just an update for windows with the release of IE10. Worst #!#$ing update ever. Although if you're running Windows 8 there is an update that fixes KB2670838. No suck luck for Win7 though.
    Chrome or Firefox are the solution for that problem for years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast