Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP vs PvE gap Revamp

Default PvP vs PvE gap Revamp

T4 Gear is too strong. People who grind PVP10 gear are out DPS'ed by PVEers who work a fraction of the time on their alt for the same power.

PVE Gear and PVP gear were originally intended to be for their separate purposes.

My suggestion is simple: Add negative pvp rating on all PVE items. Forcing people to use the same balanced gear for pvp, and/or balancing out PVE items to PVP gear.

(PvP gear has +PvP combat rating, magic dmg, etc. just add -PvP damage)

Add seperate statistics for gear for both PvE and PvP.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I would rather suggest getting access to PvP 10 gear be a lot quicker than changing items. That way, the pvp 10 rank would be more of a status symbol rather than a requirement for gear that can be earned quicker through raiding...

The whole pve/pvp gear affect is silly to me, but I can understand why they did it. It's an MMO. They're rewarding people who spend time working 'with' others in game rather than people who solely work 'against' others. It's promoting real team play, which I think is good, but when you don't have access to team play, you basically don't have access to a large part of the game and it's resources. :/

I agree it sucks to work so hard on getting pvp 10 for the gear... So why don't you work a little less hard on getting pvp 10 gear by doing some 6man or solo-pve? i.e. Khitai gear? They're just as good, but a little different. Why does pvp 10 have to mean that you have to wear pvp 10 gear? They're just giving you an option to have access to awesome gear for pvp-ing. To be honest, with the introduction of Bori they basically took away the merit of reaching pvp 10, so I can't even say that the pvp 10 rank should be an accomplishment on it's own. :/

Either way I agree with you that pvp 10 gear doesn't match the effort of attaining pvp 10 (non-Bori pvp 10), but the easier and more rewarding reaction to me would be 1)remove Bori pvp experience and 2) make pvp gear effective in pve.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by csutton View Post
    T4 Gear is too strong. People who grind PVP10 gear are out DPS'ed by PVEers who work a fraction of the time on their alt for the same power.

PVE Gear and PVP gear were originally intended to be for their separate purposes.

My suggestion is simple: Add negative pvp rating on all PVE items. Forcing people to use the same balanced gear for pvp, and/or balancing out PVE items to PVP gear.

Yes.

There needs to be some serious balance here. Don't make it an obligation for players to raid if they don't want to. I literally only play my main once a week now in learning how to do t4. I feel like I'm forced to do this and am playing "alt" toons in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    I agree it sucks to work so hard on getting pvp 10 for the gear...
    The actual speed of getting to level 10 is optimal and keeps us engaged. There is no need to boost it.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Add seperate statistics for gear for both PvE and PvP.
    /signed

I've been advocating this for years. Also a big fan of equalizing the PVP statistics on all gear so that the gear itself is a trophy(I.E. status symbol) and not a must have power item.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    The actual speed of getting to level 10 is optimal and keeps us engaged. There is no need to boost it.
    Agreed.

And the AAs are a much bigger problem than the gear. We can fix the gear discrepancy all we want but AAs are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by csutton View Post
    This makes sense, and should be incredibly quick and easy to implement considering the system is already in place.
    Last edited by Clue; 7th March 2013 at 16:13.

We are currently also looking into ways to improve the subscription for new players. The idea is to decrease the disparity between end-game players with full AA trees and players that arrive at the end-game. This is something that many of you veteran players have mentioned to be worth taking a look at and we are planning to do that. More details to follow.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...99#post2022599

Huhu you have been heard !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I honestly like having some variation in gear. PvP gear is vastly superior for survivability in PvP, whereas some PvE gear has much better DPS, but you'll be a glass cannon. If PvP gear had multiple sets, rather than the one, low-dps/crit Protection set, I would be more for removing PvE gear from PvP.

People always mention Guild Wars when talking about balancing PvE gear. Well, in Guild Wars, there were several ways to customize your gear setup, which was all done through the necklace you equipped (which I thought limited the customization a little too much), letting you choose to be a glass cannon, tanky, have lots of life, more crit/crit damage, DoT damage, better heals, etc...
    Last edited by Balacai; 8th March 2013 at 17:13.

Another way to "close" the gap on time invested per gear set, is to increase pvp rewards. 1 badge for losing team, 2 badges for winning team. More prowess, or reduced gear costs. Anything to make PvP gear more obtainable and less grindy will make people more likely to go for PvP gear if they can obtain it faster than PvE gear.
    Dismiss EU
    Peyote US

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast