Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Guardian Feat Builds 2013

They work yes, but the healing they give is really small.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    http://goo.gl/HOnTJ

Switch between Iron/Stone skin. (do what you like with the last point, Intimidating Shout, Surging health/Burning vigor or Precise attacks or Brutal Maiming, whatever you prefer)

Also you can replace Fortitude with Improved Defensive Stance if you have not so good gear/feel squishy.
    thx alot ! i did replace foritude with IDS since iam squishy

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v12_114...61ac0639c05e88

is what im running now until i get used to polearm tanking and get some gear

Default burning vigor,surging health

That what I was scared so wasting points.Better stay on my build then.Healers must heal when I have full rear guard.
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v12_114...61ac0639c05e88

Odd This is what I was testing this week in T4. I felt my hate level was a bit lower than that of the other guardian, but I also had to do raid lead, so I couldn't concentrate fully on playing my guard (wore wrong equip on some fights for example).

So, no proper results from my testing, unfortunately, but I think it can work, especially with T4 gear where there isn't so much constitution but a high amount of base dps.
    Last edited by Areana; 31st May 2013 at 19:12.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

I did some calculations on the question weather Fortitude or Ardent Battle Cry is better.

I went on TL and noticed that every point of constitution except those from Empowered Vitality counts towards Fortitude.

My constitution without Empowered Vitality is
    ... on Courageous Souls: 1152
    ... on Fearless Souls: 954
    My Weapon DPS is: 153.5

Fortitude:
    ... on Courageous Souls: 1152 * 50% Combat Rating = 576 Combat Rating = 576/36.6 DPS ≈ 15.74 DPS.
    ... on Fearless Souls: 954 * 50% Combat Rating = 477 Combat Rating = 477/36.6 DPS ≈ 13.03 DPS

Ardent Battle Cry:
    Ardent Battle Cry is instant, is has a duration of 10 seconds with a cooldown of 45 seconds, so it's up 10/45th of the time.
    So the DPS increase of Ardent Battle Cry is:
    153.5 DPS * 42% * 10/45 ≈ 14.33 DPS

Not included in these calculations is the fact that Ardent Battle Cry costs six and not five points like Fortitude and it provides more burst.

So, when does Ardent Battle Cry and Fortitude have the same damage increase?

It's when
    <Weapon DPS> * 42% * 10/45 = <constitution> * 50% / 36.6
    <=> <Weapon DPS> * 7/75 = <constitution> * 5/366
    <=> 854/125 <Weapon DPS> (≈ 6.83 * <Weapon DPS>)= <constitution>

Conclusion:
    So if your Constitution without Empowered Vitality is at least about 7 times higher than your weapon DPS, Fortitude should be better. The closer your constitution is to 6.83...*Weapon Damage the more situational this decision becomes (like: is more burst hate/damage needed or not?).
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

I have the t3 (not crafted) pole so for me it's a no brainer really (this weapon has 90 constitution and 142 base dps). In tank gear and spec I have more than 1200 constit IIRC.

Thanks for doing the calculations though In pvp I have only 1000 constit but I have no free points to put there really (0 points in Juggernaut tree so it would mean losing too much from the other trees)
    Last edited by kalston; 2nd June 2013 at 12:45.

I have several, I'll send you a tell. But it's more gear/aa dependent than pole so bear that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I have several, I'll send you a tell. But it's more gear/aa dependent than pole so bear that in mind.
    Send me some too, please. I've been trying to find a viable s&s PVP spec, but have failed everytime, so I'd appreciate some suggestions. (I Have shitty gear though).

Thanks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567