Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardian Feat Builds 2013

I don't really believe in straw man tests with a Guardian. The overall damage is so low that you don't know what are errors in measurement or lucky hits and what has actual effects.

If Sustained Rage had a bug, it would only affect Guardians. Most Conquerors feat it and I never heard anything about a bug from their end.

I rather do some mumber crunching (that and watch closely what happens with my aggro in raids):

Sustained Rage:
    I have a T4 pole and a T3 sword. The T4 pole has 153.5 DPS written on it. On the T3 sword there's 115.6 DPS. Sustained Rage 5/5 gives 15% weapon damage meaning 153.5 DPS*0.15 = 23.025 DPS for polearm damage in normal stance. For the T3 sword that means 115.6 DPS*0.15 = 17.34 DPS

Fortitude:
    Fortitude 5/5 gives you half your amount of constitution as combat rating. At level 80 36.6 combat rating are 1 raw DPS. Atm I have 1173 constitution meaning I'm getting 586.5 CR, if every source of constitution is really counting (I'm not sure about AA sources). 586.5 CR/36.6 = 16.02 DPS. So, even if every source of constitution counts towards Fortitude, it's still way less than Sustained Rage.

Savage Strikes:
    Savage Strikes 5/5 gives you 430 raw Combat Rating. Again, divided by 36.6 you get 11.75 DPS. Your sword must be really bad (green, not 80) if that's really better than what you get from Sustained Rage.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Its the same with Conqs and Dts, it was a Dark templar in my guild that noticed it first, and he gets the same result on Strawman even tho he tanks with 1300dps in defence stance, just try it out yourself if you dont believe me
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

So, you're saying, you notice a difference on straw man parses for feats like Fortitude and Savage Strikes which affect the same stat but not for Sustained Rage?
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

It's not about "feeling" the diffrence, it's about the numbers in the parser that shows that the feated points in Sustained Rage doesnt give any boost in damage in the end m8.

And I havent parsed the other Feats you just mentioned so cant comment on those sorry.

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Sustained Rage is either bugged, or the diffrence it gives is just to damn low, try parser with or without it, its no diffrence at all Ive done many tests.
    Just spent 3 hours on TL (fml) and my conclusion is that Sustained Rage does exactly what the feat description says. Dps increase is indeed minor,but very noticeable so the feat is not bugged. I crosschecked my results with testing Tactic:Attack that also gives 15% weapon damage, and the numbers match.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Its the same with Conqs and Dts, it was a Dark templar in my guild that noticed it first, and he gets the same result on Strawman even tho he tanks with 1300dps in defence stance, just try it out yourself if you dont believe me
    Im just gonne pull some numbers from thin air here:
    Adding 30 dps to a Dt tanking with 1300 dps is under 2% of total dps and is indeed crap for a 5 point feat.
    Add 30 dps to a guard tanking with 400 dps that is a whole different story and the difference should be noticeable.
    Last edited by Bosnap; 7th March 2013 at 12:04.

As I said the weapon dps increases when you click in point by point in the gui, but didnt get any diffrence in dps in the end, which for me atleast, is wasted 5 points.

[Youtube Channel]

Did you try zoning after you changed your feats? it seemed bugged for me a couple of times aswell but was ok after zoning.

To be honest I dont remember if I switched zone, I will do some new tests this weekend and post the results here

[Youtube Channel]

Default pvp ?

Have decent gear,weapon and aa feats, but are not completely satisfied with my pvp build. Could anyone suggest a good one here?
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

Quote Originally Posted by mrhood View Post
    Have decent gear,weapon and aa feats, but are not completely satisfied with my pvp build. Could anyone suggest a good one here?
    Happy hunting !
    Harcesis - Guard
    Lomaxx - BS
    Scoobie - TOS
    Gammern - Necro

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast