Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Assassin Build thread

after extensive testing and theory crafting different scenarios, i so far come to the conclusion that bomb spec is stronger in premades. sins arent very popular in premades and i think its because they have been misused, gameplay style is different between pugs and premades and changing the focus from facestab to soul strike is key.

for firsts, if a sin needs eb in a premade, very likely barb is the better choice

second, 2 equally skilled teams in a premade end up firstly to burn one another's cds before actually killing each other, soul strike gives either a stun with a small 20 sec cd or a powerful bomb that gets poms, shammies and conqs to bubble.

total dmg is bigger, unless sds+gc+ fs has crits on offhand and mainhand or u have every piece or u have crit dmg and crit gear and no critigation happens(but then again u have no cc, and domb+ stun still hits harder most of the time)
    Last edited by camilleboucquill; 4th December 2013 at 09:00.

Hi Guys ive got a new and totally undergeared sin and want to do some solo pve (preferably khitai) so i would choose the first solo pve spec posted in opening post, still viable or is there something to adjust?

Maybe some hints on what i need to focus to have a nice game play

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    Hi Guys ive got a new and totally undergeared sin and want to do some solo pve (preferably khitai) so i would choose the first solo pve spec posted in opening post, still viable or is there something to adjust?

Maybe some hints on what i need to focus to have a nice game play

thx
    it is still the way to go
    Retired

I have very recently reached level 80 on my Assassin alt and am now in the process of piecing together the spec(s) to use for group PvE and most importantly raiding. The pages of this thread have been very helpful in doing so, but they are a bit advanced and at times I would have wished for a deeper discussion of individual talents or comparisons between the ones competing for feat points. So some questions still remain and I would be grateful to have them answered.

Full DPS build

There seems to be a consensus that a good all purpose build in a situation where puling aggro is not much of an issue looks something like this: http://goo.gl/OaN2hS with points moving between Steeped Lotus Extract and Soul Destruction and the option to take Kidney Shots resp. Dull Pain or skip Lotus Tainted Blood.

Questions:
    - How good is Flesh Rot and Lotus Weapon? I have read that their proc rate is low and the damage inflicted marginal at best, yet some builds seem to still use it.
    - How good is Flurry of Blows? It seems like a talent you either place 5 or 0 points in if you can afford to as each point offers increasing returns, but what uptime can I expect? At 66% it would be equal in value to Deft Blades, but it seems less than that, question being by how much.
    - How good is Kidney Shots? Is it worth more than a point in Steeped Lotus Extract or Grim Corruption?
    - Lastly, I have seen it done but it seems wrong to me to split the points 4/4 between Steeped Lotus Extract and Grim Corruption as both are talents with increasing returns the more points you invest. Surely one is better than the other and a 5/3 split is warranted?

Minus hate build

In case a fight is aggro sensitive and 19 points in the general tree are worthwhile two general schools of thought seem to exist.

The Lotus build goes all the way down to Lotus Overdose: http://goo.gl/uYl6Hd
    The corruption build eschews the deeper Lotus talents to get Soul Destruction: http://goo.gl/rxuzeo

Questions:
    - Which one is better (in which circumstances), in particular which one gives more DPS.
    - As a corollary to that, how important is Precise Strikes.
    - How does the Lotus variant scrounge up the soul shards necessary to pull off the Cover of the Dusk + Lotus Overdose combo and still be able to execute a regular rotation afterwards?
    Last edited by Belatsunat; 15th January 2015 at 13:33.

Flurry of Blows-include it in all build at 5 pts
    Kidney shots-same,get it

Flesh rot, lotus weapon,dark weapons,dread weapon:All are about 20-30 dps filler feats but really there is not much alternative.Same for precise strikes as far as pve goes.Lotus extract vs Soul destruction : i used to do 4 and 4 ,lately i don't feat destruction at all or maybe 1-2 points just to get to a certain crit chance according to my gear.Maxed extract is better for majority of content,soul destruction can shine at some magic sensitive stuff but that's about it.In all out dps builds you can skip the defensive stuff like lotus tainted blood unless you die from aoes and **** which you shouldn't.

On the minus hate build you posted i like to take one of spirit of nightfall and get kidney shots,still having -20% hate in t4 gear.The corruption one is not good at all but then again how much you can do depends on the tanks you play with.I haven't used a minus hate build for ages now.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 16th January 2015 at 11:26.

Without both shard generators you really can't afford Lotus-Overdose (maybe with Castration to get shards) without barring you from CoD or/and CrimsonLotusPollen.
    and you can't get Distraction, LO and Necrotic Empowerment in the same build.
    Imo the best option in a minus hate build is to forego LO and instead get NE and Unholy Stabs. You'll get an abundance of shards which you can invest in fully buffed yet naked facestabs.

http://goo.gl/v8z4aQ

You don't need both shard regens in a -hate build..if you do you are managing your no shard -hate/agro abilities poorly and there is no point in having so much -hate if you are going to lose all the reasons to use it.

I d go like this http://goo.gl/pycfe5 but migth be just me.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 16th January 2015 at 16:21.

Both speccs looks great, but i'd recomend swift endings (usually gc and sds are near SS in damage)

A burst abillity like overdose is usually overrated, but i tend to use it because of some bosses with ads or hms with nukes.

IIRC flesh rot does slightly more damage than lotus weps. The other 2 (dark and dread) has much lower.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Swift ending doesn't really parse higher once you test it,just looks good on paper..For me parses varied so much and in the end i was parsing higher without it so i dropped it in favor of other stuff.Overdose rocks and timings matter..

Shink, I appreciate your input but seeing how not every reader of this thread is as advanced as you are, would you mind to add a few explanations and/or examples instead of merely throwing out a 'timings matter' that is not helping me much.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast