Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Assassin Build thread

Precise strikes gives you armor+spell penetration but mobs have no armor and no protection Go for full crits and dark weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Precise strikes gives you armor+spell penetration but mobs have no armor and no protection
    Is there any secondary source to support that statement? Not saying that you are wrong, I just find this a bit surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Is there any secondary source to support that statement? Not saying that you are wrong, I just find this a bit surprising.
    Mobs do have armor and protection.To my experience until higher tiers though debuffing is enough and then again precise strikes won't make a crazy difference.

No, dts use ibis with bels for fun!
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Mobs do have armor and protection.To my experience until higher tiers though debuffing is enough and then again precise strikes won't make a crazy difference.
    You can test it on straw man. Damage dont change with penetration or without. Straw man = mob.

But to be honest im not sure about T4/5 bosses - im not a pveer and dont know if some of them can cast +armor/protection buffs on themselves. As i remember, 6-mans bosses havent buffs like that but ive done 6-mans about 3 years ago last time
    Last edited by Jerohn; 20th January 2015 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Well, the question is not if the difference is crazy, just if it is more pronounced than Sinister Strength and Dark Weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    You can test it on straw man. Damage dont change with penetration or without. Straw man = mob.
    No. Definitely no. The straw man is not a mob. Unlike a straw man, mobs have armor and protection, even if not much. You can easily see it with some testing on epic low level mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    No. Definitely no. The straw man is not a mob. Unlike a straw man, mobs have armor and protection, even if not much. You can easily see it with some testing on epic low level mobs.
    Hmm... May be so, sorry for desinfo if they really have... As i said, i had serious pve tooo long time ago so may be it was changed somehow... But anyway Dark Weapons feat is way better than penetration. And if you can pick Dread Weapon somehow it will be really good.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 20th January 2015 at 17:22.

Well, the question is not if the difference is crazy, just if it is more pronounced than Sinister Strength and Dark Weapons.
    The thing here is we are discussing ~30 to 40 dps ,50 in best cases and depending in encounter better or worse for 5 point feats that are mostly fillers.For most of the content Dark weapons>Precise strikes.Unholy strength sucks balls.Yes you can argue more damage comes from Swift strikes and whatnot in your parses but that 5% has almost zero impact...It's all in the crits and hitting sides with no shields on that makes a difference and that's it.

IMO - Best DPS spec possible
    Cons - Missing charge, fear and dull pain
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v7_1222...829628360282f9

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast