Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hox combos...

Default Hox combos...

In pvp I get that the one step combos are the way to go most of the time. I could be wrong though.

In pve though do most ppl use the three step burn to death and hellstrikes. They seem to take forever and just not sure if they worth the chance to get dodged. What combos do the pros use in their rotations?

I'm not a pro, but in my pve dps cycle...I barely use HS. And when I have to, I use rank 3 (1step combo) ^^

However, it is very important to use BTD's last rank

I Always use the top rank combos as primary combos (BTD HS), except pillar rank 2 seems to hit the hardest although very weird ranges on it dps wise. (look at the shields and hit the unshielded sides and have combos that hit both sides on you bar)
    Don’t worry so much about the time of the combo, use the steps to throw yours casts;
    hfb-btd opener - de/maw -second step - hfb eox- finisher, hfb hs opener - flame lash - second step - hfb finisher ect ect.

Find that I try to make sure my HFB and BTD are always on cool down and throw everything else when its available and the situation is right.

Once you get your hit rating up should not have a problem with combos getting "dodged".

If you can get a the top level BTD of in pvp it melts people, just need to pick the right time when to use it

Quote Originally Posted by razzafour View Post
    Once you get your hit rating up should not have a problem with combos getting "dodged".
    This!

Nothing more frustrating as a Hox than seeing those long combos dodged ^^

well im one of the pillar hoxes so 2 ranks of pillar + highest btd are the main combos, together with casts and debuffs there is very little down time which mostly get filled with fire lance
    (pve)
    Last edited by Mantic0r3; 14th March 2013 at 23:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodyhoo View Post
    In pvp I get that the one step combos are the way to go most of the time. I could be wrong though.
    Personnaly, playing Avatar, i use as main combos Pillar II and III, Fire Lance, two last ranks of HS and BtD IV or III, last rank can be nice but too situational in my opinion. It's already tough to get a lower rank without dieing.

Don't forget that you can use CC, spells, between the white hits of your combo. It's quite usefull to fear before landing your finisher of last rank of HS (or BTD for that matter if you want to play with it)
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Amateur here.

For PvP:
    CC, Burn to Death 6. Or chase with BtD6.
    If immunities apply, then chase the character with 3-step Hellstrikes.
    MSS for really fast debuff and chasing combo.
    Pillars II amidst enemies; Pillars III when II is on CD.
    I try to land mostly the first and the last hits in 3-step combos.

For PvE:
    All combos are very useful, including Pillars II.

Those combos are pretty and deadly!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Thanks, second question in general I get that hybrid is the way to go for pve. Should I focus more on poss or avatar?

Depends on a certain raid or group. Mostly, Avatar (more)/Possession (less).
    For soloing, anything will do.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Amateur here.

For PvP:
    CC, Burn to Death 6. Or chase with BtD6.
    If immunities apply, then chase the character with 3-step Hellstrikes.
    MSS for really fast debuff and chasing combo.
    Pillars II amidst enemies; Pillars III when II is on CD.
    I try to land mostly the first and the last hits in 3-step combos.

For PvE:
    All combos are very useful, including Pillars II.

Those combos are pretty and deadly!
    Huh, where to start... Well i wont say btd 6 is not useful but it is highly situational combo. III and IV are mostly used in pvp. With demon maw and eox dot is nice on both of these comobos and they are relatively fast. And if you have prince of terror perk they can also crit nicely.
    Sure thing you can preload btd VI and hit someone with it, specially if they are not focusing you, but i wouldn't try to hit more than just finisher of BTD VI, unless im totally unfocused.

MSS really fast debuf? I guess our opinion on fast is different. But this is also situational combo that can be usefull.

And what do you mean with sentence "if immunities applies..." If you mean if you have immunity on all cc than chase someone with hs6, well i have to correct you here. If you have immunity on all cc you are probably dead.

And 3 stepper hellstrikes is also special topic. Some people use it, but if it dont crit dmg is not that huge and its to damn long.

Combos i use as possession hox: BTD IV and III (very ocasionaly VI), pillar II and III, MSS, HS III and IV, very rarely V.

As i dont play avatar i cant really say will i use hs VI with build but i might give it a try, and naturally fire lance.

This is just some constructive critic hope you wont get offended. I see you always try to help people and that is something to appreciate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast