Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Stand - What does this do?

Default Last Stand - What does this do?

So my guard is like a month old and at 80. But I could never understand what last stand guard ability does?

Can someone give a clear concise mechanics explanation for this ability... I know a ton of newbie guards that are equally confused.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    So my guard is like a month old and at 80. But I could never understand what last stand guard ability does?

Can someone give a clear concise mechanics explanation for this ability... I know a ton of newbie guards that are equally confused.
    It's a bubble. You don't take damage while it's active. It's stupid OP in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    It's a bubble. You don't take damage while it's active. It's stupid OP in PvP.
    And, if I recall correctly, it has a 6 minute cooldown which can, via the training of alternate advancement feats, be reduced to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    And, if I recall correctly, it has a 6 minute cooldown which can, via the training of alternate advancement feats, be reduced to 5.
    Remember when it was 30 minutes? Or was it 20? It was stupid long at one time.
    Doomsayer 2008

It was 30, for a 8 (? can't really remember the duration) seconds immunity, draining stamina. Out of stamina meant instant death.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    It was 30, for a 8 (? can't really remember the duration) seconds immunity, draining stamina. Out of stamina meant instant death.
    Yeah, it was a really long cooldown.

Back in the day, we'd schedule our Chatha pulls based on our Last Stand cd's. If we'd wipe, we'd run into wing 1 and kill a boss till the cd's were back up, then go back to Chatha. Rinse and repeat till Chatha was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Yes, but back then plexus strike would gain almost all your stamina back in one combo.

And that was a real lifesaver
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

As stated it's a bubble during which you do not take any dmg.

IIRC you cannot receive heals while it is active. However if you have heals over time already on you (blue & greens) they will continue to heal you but any other heals cast on you during its duration will not affect you.

Is that still correct?
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

With the Guardian revamp they changed how The Last Stand was working. Now you will receive all heals while it is active.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast