Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Necro Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    If I even mention that I use General in guild chat, Genius laughs at me and calls me bad.

Although I did see Graphik use a full General tree, 0 Nightfall/Reanimation build before :X
    I like General, but that's mainly because my Necro has t2 PvE gear and only has like 6500 health.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I like General, but that's mainly because my Necro has t2 PvE gear and only has like 6500 health.
    Mine has khitai blues and 7000 hp (I bought the pvp 5 cape :X) and I do fine without it. I have been running general the last 3 nights just to give it a fair shake and I don't think it's better or worse....

I'm getting the same amount of kills with either build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Ok thx for the info on the pets. I will give that a go.

So where should those 10 points from general (previously posted build) go then?
    Is Grip of Death any good/worth getting?
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by novastern View Post
    Ok thx for the info on the pets. I will give that a go.

So where should those 10 points from general (previously posted build) go then?
    Is Grip of Death any good/worth getting?
    No, Grip hasn't been good in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

So how is this build then?
    http://goo.gl/cVOBG
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

hmmm, u sure u play necros ppl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    what is it with some people and putting points in general tree? Minus hate feats? your tanks are lousy if you need to feat general for minus hate, rip a new one for the tanks and tell them to play better.
    i use general, dont have -hate, but get me ur best tank, ill put -hate, and will take aggro from him...and if ur not pulling aggeo from tanks, than ur necros sucks, which i know they do.
    btw, i play with DtS, but pet necros i recon are good 4 raiding/inst and watching TV
    have fun, whatever that means

Quote Originally Posted by Vutra View Post
    hmmm, u sure u play necros ppl?

i use general, dont have -hate, but get me ur best tank, ill put -hate, and will take aggro from him...and if ur not pulling aggeo from tanks, than ur necros sucks, which i know they do.
    btw, i play with DtS, but pet necros i recon are good 4 raiding/inst and watching TV
    have fun, whatever that means
    Why dont you post your idea of a good build, with rotations? Could it be that you would open yourself up for criticism, and your fragile ego couldn't handle that?

No, better to keep posting taunts and telling everyone how awesome you are.
    We all believe you. No, really.

lots of blah blah Vutra and nothing to back it up.

gots to see some numbers if you bring that game to me. otherwise its just blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    what is it with some people and putting points in general tree? Minus hate feats? your tanks are lousy if you need to feat general for minus hate, rip a new one for the tanks and tell them to play better.
    The main tanks in the guild can hold aggro for a while, but there is a difference if you havnt feated hate-decrease and if you have. A lot of bosses, especially in T4 need tank rotation. Therefor to still be able to do fair amount of dps, and not getting on the top of the aggrolist, hate decrease really helps.

Me and tomhet has been trying a lot of different specs and compaired parses. There isnt much of a difference between our dps, even if one of us have feats in general and the other dont.

Aggro wise there is a difference. The one with no points in hate-decrease gets aggro before the other necro. In T4 you might be able to take one hit without dieing, and if you dont have misdirection you are proberly dead, if the tanks cant save you.

I dont really care that much about numbers anymore. I rather have a smooth raid, than being on the floor. Feating hate-decrease gives smoother raids. Thats my opinion.
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6513/meleepets.png

notice corruptors+mutilators are highest on dps by deafult

thing is they hit less times compared to lifestealers or blighted ones

so blighted ones will make bonehoard+spiritual torment+mana/stamina drain more often given they hit more often

now mutilators apply a physical damage dot wich stacks to 10 wich gives very nice extra damge proc for necros,
    using 6 is usualy enough to have that dot at 10 if they are hitting all the time.
    keep in mind mutilations dot doesnt get reaplied by diferent sources so if one necro is already using them best use corruptors

deathlord aka general of the dead hits pretty hard while it lasts and ive seen him critting for 1000

corruptors will only compete with mutilators if you spec in reanimation "grim corruption"

also you need to be aware range of reach of pets blight ones and mutilators are realy short range so if your playing in a raid with more then 2 necros most wont reach boss for those type of pets only 16-18 will be able to reach boss

corroptors have higher reach so they will be able to reach boss easier

one trick to that is netherworld deception it shrinks pets so a lot of pets with short range can be fit to hit boss using that, with necro wich already has all pets in having to use it to make them midgets so other necros can reach target, its pretty much only use of that spell given it has no affect in hate in raids from my testing over the years

main thing about melee pets is they add more noticeable extra damage via mutilations dot or corruptors unholy proc

using them will benefit your dps a lot especialy with barb procs+conq crit buffs+absurdly good tos buffs, all physical buffs in group will buff up your pets so you will deal more consistent damage in raids.
    also you can allow realy high burst damage for holy cleansing poms and tos using improved storm nimbus(keep hearing about these tos one shooting raid bosses with necro+pets stacking reaching 800crit damage)

i have no issues running specs without general tree in pve when i play with guilds full t4 tanks :P
    i usualy go with nightfall/general dts builds when playing with randoms saves me from dieing a lot :P

like a couple weeks ago did a random late night w3 with pusjo maintanking and managed to do around 2k dps in leviathus without dieing :P
    http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9882/levik.jpg
    so i guess that means the spec i linked with rotl+toe is win for doing random pugs
    i also use it first 3 bosses in t4 and entity works quite nicely
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast