Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Results 171 to 180 of 180

Thread: Necro Builds

  1. #171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    In that case i would rather optimize in sinergy with what OTHER characters are in my group and the boss specifics (more magic or physical protection?, melee access or ranged only?, aoes?) rather than my personal dps on a strawman for 3mn straight and comparing to NF without spellwave because there is a lot more to gain there to compensate the loss of a necro that can't spellwave... lol
    i agree. in fact i never said that it must be optimized for the strawman, just that it must be optimized for those fights.
    honestly, i almost never use strawman. i prefer to parse the actual fights and analyze them later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Off the top of my head Zaal caster phase, Obsidian Basilisk, Arbanus and Gyas above 50% and the golem adds on the Emperor come to mind as encounters where with less than perfect tanks a necro without spell weaving can have aggro problems.
    in my experience, zaal is the only one where aggro is a real problem, even with good tanks. but i'd never make a gimp spec just for that fight. i'd rater reduce my aggro by reducing the dps.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

    Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

  2. #172

    Default

    I started playing my necro again and was thinking of making a new speck.
    What is a good pet speck aka 2017? I do mostly dungeons. With the gear tanks have these days agro is never an issue so i dont worry about doing to much dps.

    Anyone have a suggestion for me?
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

    Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

  3. #173

    Default

    nothing changed lately. so, if you want a pure dps spec, i'd go with this: link

    pets obviously mutilators, but if you're in group it may help to have 2 blighted ones, to debuff the target.
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 13th March 2017 at 18:47. Reason: i made a mistake with the build
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

    Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

  4. #174

  5. #175

    Default

    it's also viable to go with a dts petless spec, like this

    i don't use it very often, actually only on the 1st boss in t6, because there the pets tends to die like flies, but if you have good gear, it's very effective.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

    Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

  6. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    nothing changed lately. so, if you want a pure dps spec, i'd go with this: link

    pets obviously mutilators, but if you're in group it may help to have 2 blighted ones, to debuff the target.
    thanks. i have tested this speck, and it worked well for me Miss general of the dead, but i do more dps now so its all good
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

    Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

  7. #177

    Default

    yea, general of the dead can be handy, but it needs 11 points, which i think are better spent somewhere else.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

    Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

  8. #178

    Default

    Or you could try something like this.

    Very similar to Yawgmoth-VDN's spec, basically you trade the increased Chill damage for 72 magic damage, and get aggro reduction as a freebie which still can be useful at times, especially in raid where you can use instant Misdirection to make other necromancers die in your stead.

    And you can show that you have balls by using One with Death.

  9. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    And you can show that you have balls by using One with Death.
    in my opinion, "one with death" is quite a good name, because you'll be dead very quick, very often!
    another good names for it could be "death wish" or "i want to slack"...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

    Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

  10. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    in my opinion, "one with death" is quite a good name, because you'll be dead very quick, very often!
    another good names for it could be "death wish" or "i want to slack"...
    Well, you have to use it with discretion of course.

    But since most of the feats between Unholy Power and Bone Horde in the Reanimation tree are interchangeably useless might as well put a point there. Where I have for example used One with Death with some success was the four Memory Cloud bosses before Entity. Obsidian Basilisk should also work. Imp is a bit of a gamble, as might be Zodiac.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •