Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Necro Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Not only on the fight. Pets have some drawbacks like randomly dying in spellweave etc. I prefer a nightfall specc at Entity as it just outdps everything else right there (current record 2667dps).

Something I have been wondering is, I actually was thinking of this when t5 came. With setbonuses and stuff not affecting pets I would imagine a pure nightfall specc would outdps a pet necro.. A nightfall build can achive high dps but the aggro becomes an issue sooner than on a pet necro since pets have a lot minus hate.

Will be interesting to see once I get full t6 on my necro, the extra spell penetration might do a whole lot that would prefer a dts build over a pet build.
    What NF spec are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    What NF spec are you using?
    One for entity only with no minus hate and full prot from rean and general and faster refresh on mage shield. Basically 100% pure single target nf specc with no minus hate as frankly entity got no aggro

http://goo.gl/lsmnmW
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Default Spec , was wondering if its ok

http://goo.gl/FfJ1MP
    question
    Empower Archmagus and General of the Dead
    I never run with archmagus , but i do use Reapers and Archanist -- they are only mage pets I use and I never use General of the dead , so are the points wasted ?

Reapers and Archanist are buffed by Empower Archmagus. What doesn't make much sense, if you use caster pets, is to feat Bone Horde and Unholy Fortitude.
    Also, you miss Warm Swarm, and if you use Reapers I'd feat also The Devourer.

This is the spec I use when I want to use casters pets: http://goo.gl/E1Aoow

However, for single target dps, melee pets are better, and in that case I use this build: http://goo.gl/B7FfYM
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    Reapers and Archanist are buffed by Empower Archmagus. What doesn't make much sense, if you use caster pets, is to feat Bone Horde and Unholy Fortitude.
    Also, you miss Warm Swarm, and if you use Reapers I'd feat also The Devourer.

This is the spec I use when I want to use casters pets: http://goo.gl/E1Aoow

However, for single target dps, melee pets are better, and in that case I use this build: http://goo.gl/B7FfYM
    the above feat was also for melee pets and caster -- You got me thinking --- I have 3 specs might need more 1 mana drain 2 pets 3 no pets. Seems like you may have it with the melee spec and a separate caster spec. Pretty well thought out , I will likely do same. On the Worm swarm if I remember correctly some posts about that worm swarm not really worth the points negligible return on damage, whats the thought on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Braxin View Post
    On the Worm swarm if I remember correctly some posts about that worm swarm not really worth the points negligible return on damage, whats the thought on this ?
    To be honest, I don't see how +30% damage on Flash to Worms could be considered negligible...

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

It's the base spell damage that is increased by 30%, yes? I've not tested the actual difference in damage output, kinda just always picked that feat. Something worth thinking of maybe, does both Decomposition and Worm Swarm stack?

i have to admit that i have always feated it too, and i never tested the parse without it. anyway, a boost on one of the highest dps spells is always good.

and on the other side, i wouldn't really know where else to spend those points.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    i never tested the parse without it. anyway, a boost on one of the highest dps spells is always good.
    I once tested it when my necro was about 70% T4/30% Khitai equipped. Did the spell weave max damage buff trick, and the total damage of a Flesh to Worms tick with the feat was 9% higher than without.

Since I actually like doing some testing, I did a quick check of these two feats and looked at what you get from putting points in there. Not too much, but still you gain around 37 damage per regular tick if both feated, or 66 dmg from a crit (with my 28,4% crit bonus dmg). Weird how a naked char gained 41 dmg from the two feats while a clothed char gained 37 dmg. Whatever, Funcom maths...

All in all, like you say, nothing much else to put points in, and it's the best dot so makes sense to max it in feats. But is it a good reward for 8 points spent? Not really. It's expected to have FtW running continously, so on a mob with same protection as the veteran straw man, you would look at a damage difference of an additional "free/instant" ice strike crit per minute. Boring stuff to follow below.

All done with spellweave chose max dmg, down from spellweave, cast flesh to worms on veteran strawman, ungrouped, no debuffs or others hitting straw man.

Blank feats, naked char:

[16:49] Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 79 unholy damage.

5 points in Decomposition, naked char:

[16:49] Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 99 unholy damage.

3 points in Worm Swarm, naked char:

[16:54] Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 97 unholy damage.

Both feated, naked char:

[16:55] Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 120 unholy damage

Now with clothes.. Blank feats, 1210 magic damage:

[16:58] Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 182 unholy damage.

5 points in Decomposition, 1210 magic damage:

[17:05] Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 202 unholy damage.

3 points in Worm Swarm, 1210 magic damage:

[17:02] Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 199 unholy damage.

Both feated, 1210 magic damage:

[17:03] Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) hits Straw Man for 219 unholy damage.
    Last edited by Shax84; 15th March 2016 at 16:45.