Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Necro Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Was wondering, because the parse Noite posted in another thread seems difficult to acheive on a pet build and his image shows no damage from pets.

I was going for a Reaper build something like this: http://goo.gl/mQJG6d

Sick of playing my Demo for Entity so thought some variation and new playstyle would spice it up a bit maybe.
    His picture have around 100dps of self damage as well so in reality only 1700dps. 1800-1900dps isnt that hard to achive on entity. I have done 1800+dps on entity with either pets or no pets specc, I recomend no pets because then you dont have to respawn your pets if they randomly die . Another thing is to never leave spellweave unless you get aquiring targets.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Smile

This is the Solo/PvE spec i'm using. It's based on some spec i've seen 'round
    here somewhere; i just modified it a bit more up to my liking.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v5_1291...4439151821511c

Althought i'm quite satisfied with this build, i'm pretty curious about your feedback .
    Put those fears aside, I say, and live free of them, for if we just step back and watch the truth of the world, we will find that there is indeed magic all about us, unexplainable by numbers and formulas. What is the passion evoked by the stirring speech of the commander before the desperate battle, if not magic? What is the peace that an infant might know in its mother’s arms, if not magic? What is love, if not magic?
    R. A. Salvatore

Quote Originally Posted by dawnone View Post
    Althought i'm quite satisfied with this build, i'm pretty curious about your feedback .
    Kind of similar to what I used to run with, but some question arise :

Why Ruined Blight ? (especially is night of the harvester is not feated ?) You don't really need mana burning anywhere in solo PVE, except some rare raid boss.I think these two point might be of better use somewhere else. Also, one point in bone horde seems fairly weak, and useless if you run with caster pet (which you might since you went for general of the dead, that require Cabal and Empowered Archimagus).

In addition, I've never really parsed Unholy Inspiration, I don't know what to think of it, so if someone has number I'm interested.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Kind of similar to what I used to run with, but some question arise :

Why Ruined Blight ? (especially is night of the harvester is not feated ?) You don't really need mana burning anywhere in solo PVE, except some rare raid boss.I think these two point might be of better use somewhere else. Also, one point in bone horde seems fairly weak, and useless if you run with caster pet (which you might since you went for general of the dead, that require Cabal and Empowered Archimagus).

In addition, I've never really parsed Unholy Inspiration, I don't know what to think of it, so if someone has number I'm interested.
    No Flesh of the Wight for solo? Why only 1 pt in Bone Horde when it seems you are using caster pet build. Switch that point into Flesh of the Wight.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    No Flesh of the Wight for solo? Why only 1 pt in Bone Horde when it seems you are using caster pet build. Switch that point into Flesh of the Wight.
    While I agree with you, it's probably not me you should quote
    But yeah, definitely, Flesh of the wight is a must have for solo.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Thx for pointing me in the direction of those misplaced featpoints guys.

You are dead right about 'em of course, but please don't ask why those points are where they are in the first place *shrugs*.
    If my memory serves, i got distracted somehow last time i've been fiddling around with this build and that has been the result
    of it.
    So heed my advice children, never ever let the smaller things in life - such like nagin' wifes, bedridden children, burning
    roofs etc - distract you while working on your builds .

So, since i'm already here and such, i wonder is there some "Slaughter Wright" build around? Or would a build including it
    just be to crappy overall?
    Put those fears aside, I say, and live free of them, for if we just step back and watch the truth of the world, we will find that there is indeed magic all about us, unexplainable by numbers and formulas. What is the passion evoked by the stirring speech of the commander before the desperate battle, if not magic? What is the peace that an infant might know in its mother’s arms, if not magic? What is love, if not magic?
    R. A. Salvatore

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    While I agree with you, it's probably not me you should quote
    But yeah, definitely, Flesh of the wight is a must have for solo.
    Ah yeah, sorry about that. At work, my mind is in 1000 places. :P
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Any of you T5 Necromancers got some dps hints for Yakhmar fight?

Going for Despoil the Soul, or pets? Magus or Archmagus? Touching Death God at all?

My Yakhmar spec.

Tome of Erlik always on cd, Ice Strike on broodlings (try to aim for one in the middle of the pack), Death God only when it's up at the spawn of the broodling, heavy abuse of Cannibalism (always ask for a ToS in your group, and a ranger if there's one free!) Blasphemous Ruin is nice to finish any nearby broodling with less than 7% life, I only put dots on the boss. I keep Ritual of the Leech for the second spawn, and after that the spawn after it comes off cd. Remember to keep at least 50% of your mana for They Hunger, or you won't have enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

I was wondering what a (near) optimized necro build - mostly for T3 and T4 raiding - would look like that is completely specialized in the use of melee pets. Which of course assumes you have another spec ready for cases where ranged pets are preferable. After some reading up in this thread and getting some friendly hints from Fass I have cooked up this:

http://goo.gl/8fZQW4

Since with the right group support (ToS and friends) such a build can produce quite the DPS dipping into the general tree for the hate reduction (and some extra magic damage) seemed like a good idea, in particular since there is not that much else worth going for in the other two trees.

And helpful suggestions or improvements are welcome.
    Last edited by Belatsunat; 5th June 2015 at 16:13.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast