Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New dawn

Quote Originally Posted by batkalim View Post
    I'm sorry. I am from the US forums and I am not accustomed to polite debate and counterpoints made in a manner that fails calling into question the other person's relationship with their mother.

When I first started PvP here (at level 80), I constantly had my rear handed to me. Partly due to the gear and AA disparity. Partly due to me having little experience at it. Yeah, I sometimes got farmed... A LOT... but unlike most PvP newbies, I did not let it bother me and did not give up on it.

At PvP5, I am still the worst PvP necro ever, with crappy gear and completely wrong feats for PvP but I still have fun.

I think some new maps and new game types would better invigorate PvP. And give some damn rewards for participating in s seige. But those are completely different subjects.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. It is amazing to not see angry, vitriolic essays about how someone died this one time, or about how this one time someone else pad camped.

Seems the euros have brought some class to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I can care less about gear. I like killing people and listening to the qq afterwords. The fact I have done it without all the best gear makes it all the better.

Gear is a crutch, it has inflated stats that have ruined class balance. It's not so much classes as the gear available to them. Crit chance, Crit Damage, and DPS in general is out of control. The T4 weapons and even some T3 are better than PvP 10 weapons, some of the T4 armor is better than the PvP T3 armor. It does not make sense and pvpers know it. It's not game changing though, and most of the T4 "balloons" pop without any effort.

I just think it's stupid that PvE gear trounces PvP gear, as they are seperate agendas. And before anyone says I don't have access to T4, I do. I hate puzzles and I hate long raids. I enjoy 6-mans and PvE, but not 2-4 hours of it. I should not have to engage in gameplay I do not enjoy to get items that help me with the mode I do. That makes no sense.

That's what pvpers are complaining about, that you are not rewarded for PvP when you can simply PvE yourself. Bori included.

I don't want any gear, I just want my name on some ranking and my kills displayed.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have finally been able to begin T4 in a t4 alt raid. We spent around 4 hours learning how to fight the first boss through failing. Now I like raids to a certain point, but really, 6 mans and mini games are what I enjoy the most in this game. Open world pvp I like over everything else. I do what I can to stimulate pvp by talking smack sometimes, but the end result (even if I'm on the losing side) is fun.

There should be pvp gear. Tenacity should maybe have more effect than it does. I think I've said it before, but on my pvp 7 sin, full pvp t3 gear I was literally 1 shot by a t4 conq (including weapon). PvP gear is pretty much vanity at this point, especially for dps classes. There needs to be a change here. Sure I'll eventually have the gear now that I'm doing the raid, but I would much rather have gear that I have to pvp for - weather I win or lose getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by llathander View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. It is amazing to not see angry, vitriolic essays about how someone died this one time, or about how this one time someone else pad camped.

Seems the euros have brought some class to the forums.
    Agreed. I'm loving not having to constantly see posts of how so and so person sucks or screenshots of some minigame from years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Agreed. I'm loving not having to constantly see posts of how so and so person sucks or screenshots of some minigame from years ago.
    Im just waiting for the moment when most or if not all classes are accused of being OP, at the same time no less, in their respective forums. That moment is always a laugh. I also don't mean the funny mrcorp ones, I mean the serious ones.

Im just waiting for the moment when most or if not all classes are accused of being OP, at the same time no less, in their respective forums. That moment is always a laugh. I also don't mean the funny mrcorp ones, I mean the serious ones.
    It rotates, but all classes can be OP in PVP, in the right hands and in the right situations. It's just that some are more versatile than others at their OPness
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    It rotates, but all classes can be OP in PVP, in the right hands and in the right situations. It's just that some are more versatile than others at their OPness
    Unfortunately, some classes are only OP with good team support

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    I know what you mean! I was more pointing out the fact that ALL classes cant be op at the same time

Thanks! Most people find most classes op. Especially the ones they don't play. Its always fun to poke a little fun at them. Like "hox are ruining the game". Then you run into ruhen or Ken and start to consider such craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Thanks! Most people find most classes op. Especially the ones they don't play. Its always fun to poke a little fun at them. Like "hox are ruining the game". Then you run into ruhen or Ken and start to consider such craziness.
    Level 83 Epic boxes are ruining the game, nerf them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12