Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New dawn

Default New dawn

I wish the game was wiped like the forum.
    A fresh start were gear doesnt matter.
    Skill and glory!!!!!!!!

Strip ALL stats on gear in PvP.
    Give Gear 1 or 2 basic stats. Like constitution and hit-rating.
    Give the gear 1 or 2 gem slots.
    Give gems minor stats.

Give new lvl80's 100 AA points or smth.

PvP T1 gear is given free at lvl80.
    T2-T3 gear has slightly more basic stats.

If you only PvE and want to do some pvp.
    PvE gear has PvE stats only.
    The pvp T1 is there for you=)

Let the mayhem begin!!!!!
    advertise to get new players.
    Whoop whoop

PvP is fun, but for me progression is part of it too. Getting new gear is very much part of it.

I dont mind starting fresh, but do it like a new superior pvp set, that anyone can get, regardless of pvp level. Maybe with crafting revamp.

AND if I cant use my gear in minis, its totally uninteresting for me to get it.

Funcom, dont do the mistake of making minigames gear independent. Gear is a huge motivating factor in an MMO. These people who whine about gear indifferences are just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    PvP is fun, but for me progression is part of it too. Getting new gear is very much part of it.

I dont mind starting fresh, but do it like a new superior pvp set, that anyone can get, regardless of pvp level. Maybe with crafting revamp.

Funcom, dont do the mistake of making minigames gear independent. Gear is a huge motivating factor in an MMO. These people who whine about gear indifferences are just that.
    I strongly disagree with you. I think the main problem is that the gear gap is too wide, combined with the AA gap and the length of time required by a new player to get up to speed. This discourages new players from participating in PVP - after all, it's no fun to get steamrolled all the time - so they just move on. PVP is player content, so we need players to make PVP fun. Gear progression is PVE. PVP progression is more about ranking, prestige, status and recognition than it is about power progression. The player's power should come from his or her ability and knowledge of the class and game, not from spending time grinding out more powerful gear. I'm not whining, I want people to play this game and people with whom I can PVP on an even footing.

I can care less about gear. I like killing people and listening to the qq afterwords. The fact I have done it without all the best gear makes it all the better.

Gear is a crutch, it has inflated stats that have ruined class balance. It's not so much classes as the gear available to them. Crit chance, Crit Damage, and DPS in general is out of control. The T4 weapons and even some T3 are better than PvP 10 weapons, some of the T4 armor is better than the PvP T3 armor. It does not make sense and pvpers know it. It's not game changing though, and most of the T4 "balloons" pop without any effort.

I just think it's stupid that PvE gear trounces PvP gear, as they are seperate agendas. And before anyone says I don't have access to T4, I do. I hate puzzles and I hate long raids. I enjoy 6-mans and PvE, but not 2-4 hours of it. I should not have to engage in gameplay I do not enjoy to get items that help me with the mode I do. That makes no sense.

That's what pvpers are complaining about, that you are not rewarded for PvP when you can simply PvE yourself. Bori included.

I don't want any gear, I just want my name on some ranking and my kills displayed.
    Doomsayer 2008

Exactly!
    PvP has nothing to do with gear.
    And this game needs more players.

Stripping all gear from stats when you engage players
    will be a awesome way to do this.
    Making PvE-gear PvE only will make this change easy
    since AoC is a large PvE game now.

AoC needs new players!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

I just think it's stupid that PvE gear trounces PvP gear, as they are seperate agendas. And before anyone says I don't have access to T4, I do. I hate puzzles and I hate long raids. I enjoy 6-mans and PvE, but not 2-4 hours of it. I should not have to engage in gameplay I do not enjoy to get items that help me with the mode I do. That makes no sense.
    If PvE gear was not useable in pvP you would see raid attendences drop dramatically. At least on a pvp server. I like raids but would never do it unless i could use the gear in PvP (but I use PvP gear mostly because its better )

what pvpers are complaining about, that you are not rewarded for PvP when you can simply PvE yourself. Bori included.
    Yes , PvP players wants reward too. That they can use

I don't want any gear, I just want my name on some ranking and my kills displayed.
    We dont have rankings, but it would be great.

If PvE gear was not useable in pvP you would see raid attendences drop dramatically. At least on a pvp server. I like raids but would never do it unless i could use the gear in PvP (but I use PvP gear mostly because its better )
    You might see raid attendance drop, yes, but you might also see PVP participation shoot way up.

Yes , PvP players wants reward too. That they can use
    Why do those rewards have to be a power advantage? What about giving prestige-based rewards?

We dont have rankings, but it would be great.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    I strongly disagree with you. I think the main problem is that the gear gap is too wide, combined with the AA gap and the length of time required by a new player to get up to speed. This discourages new players from participating in PVP - after all, it's no fun to get steamrolled all the time - so they just move on. PVP is player content, so we need players to make PVP fun. Gear progression is PVE. PVP progression is more about ranking, prestige, status and recognition than it is about power progression. The player's power should come from his or her ability and knowledge of the class and game, not from spending time grinding out more powerful gear. I'm not whining, I want people to play this game and people with whom I can PVP on an even footing.
    Skills or gear, both demands time in game. Just makeing PvP without gear wouldnt necessary make it easier for new players.

I agree though we need to close gap, so as I wrote , make a new pvp set that everyone can get without pvp level (craft through different mats that drop in pvp, its in the craft revamp)

This game needs more content. Not less. Take away PvP gear would make it less. A whole lot less as we only have 5 minimaps, not 100% working sieges and Bori!

Players work on their pvp level to get those gear. Really the difference between T2 and T3 pvp gear isnt much but still people are willing to do Bori for it. Dont come here and say gear doesnt matter in a MMO.

Skills or gear, both demands time in game. Just makeing PvP without gear wouldnt necessary make it easier for new players.

I agree though we need to close gap, so as I wrote , make a new pvp set that everyone can get without pvp level (craft through different mats that drop in pvp, its in the craft revamp)

This game needs more content. Not less. Take away PvP gear would make it less. A whole lot less as we only have 5 minimaps, not 100% working sieges and Bori!

Players work on their pvp level to get those gear. Really the difference between T2 and T3 pvp gear isnt much but still people are willing to do Bori for it. Dont come here and say gear doesnt matter in a MMO.
    Right, but skill AND gear/AA are what end up causing new players to give up all hope. I advocate closing the gap through more than one approach. Reduce the gear and AA grind significantly and bring out more variety of PVP gear that doesn't increase power. I'd prefer a horizontal progression in the variety of PVP gear that gives a choice (DPS, prot, survivability, healing, etc).

Having some slight power progression in PVP is alright, but having a prestige progression in PVP is what I'd prefer to see. Gear does matter in a certain sense, but for PVP, especially in a game like AOC where the combat system allows a player's skills to make the difference, gear/AA should not be the determining factors in the outcome of a battle. Getting the gear to show you're a top dog PVPer doesn't mean that gear has to have the most power. It could be an exclusive look, or the ability to customize, or something like that. Sort of like the top scorers on hockey teams wearing gold helmets (I think they do that in Finland).

I'm sorry. I am from the US forums and I am not accustomed to polite debate and counterpoints made in a manner that fails calling into question the other person's relationship with their mother.

When I first started PvP here (at level 80), I constantly had my rear handed to me. Partly due to the gear and AA disparity. Partly due to me having little experience at it. Yeah, I sometimes got farmed... A LOT... but unlike most PvP newbies, I did not let it bother me and did not give up on it.

At PvP5, I am still the worst PvP necro ever, with crappy gear and completely wrong feats for PvP but I still have fun.

I think some new maps and new game types would better invigorate PvP. And give some damn rewards for participating in s seige. But those are completely different subjects.
    -There are things in the deep desert that could not be imagined even in the nightmares of a thousand madmen.-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast