Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Builds

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Drunk. Standing on your head, drool running up your chin. That's all you need to know to play a Demo. If you can't land something on a Demo completely blasted and not contribute something, you need to go back to Tortage and pay Casilda for a night of asphyxiophilia.
    Or make a Ranger...
    Doomsayer 2008

Default Demo Build

http://goo.gl/7Er6no
    This is the build I use not sure if I am missing anything mainly Raid T3/T4 some PvP (very little )
    Likely will work on a PvP build need stronger CC
    I also have a solo build http://goo.gl/X896tY
    Note removed demonic war and demonic hate -- did not see the benefit solo
    My question is how much would it be a must for Raid ?
    Fury of Underworld -- reading it's good, reading it's bad 10% vs 11% does not seem worth it for those 5 points so for solo spec I should dump it
    Solo wise most area's I have very little problems the Crater can be a challenge and I have yet to return to that area now that i am geared better

Quote Originally Posted by Braxin View Post
    http://goo.gl/7Er6no
    This is the build I use not sure if I am missing anything mainly Raid T3/T4 some PvP (very little )
    Likely will work on a PvP build need stronger CC
    I also have a solo build http://goo.gl/X896tY
    Note removed demonic war and demonic hate -- did not see the benefit solo
    My question is how much would it be a must for Raid ?
    Fury of Underworld -- reading it's good, reading it's bad 10% vs 11% does not seem worth it for those 5 points so for solo spec I should dump it
    Solo wise most area's I have very little problems the Crater can be a challenge and I have yet to return to that area now that i am geared better
    No points in Combustion is the one glaring omission that stands out immediately.

Also, as has been shown recently if your demon pet has a crit chance of 10% without Fury of the Underworld, investing five points into the talent will raise that to 20%, not 11%. Whether that is good enough can of course still be debated, but for some specs (especially single target focused ones) it is simply the least bad alternative to get up to Pact of Earthwalking.
    Last edited by Belatsunat; 27th January 2016 at 16:13.

Default From other posts

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    No points in Combustion is the one glaring omission that stands out immediately.

Also, as has been shown recently if your demon pet has a crit chance of 10% without Fury of the Underworld, investing five points into the talent will raise that to 20%, not 11%. Whether that is good enough can of course still be debated, but for some specs (especially single target focused ones) it is simply the least bad alternative to get up to Pact of Earthwalking.
    A few players have mentioned its not 20% its just 11% ----10% + a 10% increase = 11% -- What I am seeing from other players is Fury of Underworld is not worth the points -- can anyone verify that the 5points make little to no difference? and as far as combustion for PvP I agree it would benefit , but for a PvE i seem to do fine. If its just instant cast and nothing else, I see little need unless there is some benefit I am missing? and thanks again for the response , still learning pro and con of each feat and AA's I do see possible to get 2 full points for combustion I would borrow 1 point from earth recharge (only 1point remaining, so no mana feats other than this 1 point ) and 1 point from possession (so only 1 point in possession) that would fix it , if those 2 points were redistributed, whats the thought on this ?
    Last edited by Braxin; 27th January 2016 at 18:21.

I don't know what the debate is over, what else ate you going to feat to move down the tree? Agonizing jolts? Lol
    Doomsayer 2008

I guess if you spent half the time that you spent to write that post, logged in to the character nuking a straw man, you'd see for yourself what the crit chance was.

And yes, the 5 points in Fury of the Underworld is +10% crit chance, not +10% increase to crit chance.

Default I have seen your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I guess if you spent half the time that you spent to write that post, logged in to the character nuking a straw man, you'd see for yourself what the crit chance was.

And yes, the 5 points in Fury of the Underworld is +10% crit chance, not +10% increase to crit chance.
    I have seen and read many of your posts and looked at your straw man tests and appreciate the time you spent. There are 2 different posts and some go back pretty far. I see that there were bugs at one time and now things are working better but from what I read , my understanding is you don't think Fury of Underworld would be worth 5 points. The problem comes from looking at different posts and getting information at different times. When I first started I likely looked at the 1st post or 2 (from different people ,some could have been just crazy lol) and used that feat. I later read that it had been fixed, you did some straw man tests to confirm , so I changed it again. I finally read that I shouldn't worry about it. In a raid setting you pet can tend to pull at times so I dumped it, also reading a post you wrote, as far as doing straw man tests myself I wouldn't be the best at understanding what is going on. Reading results, casting correctly , the correct rotation, and SW to get good info. Once again thanks for the great information you post, appreciate, it helps a bunch.

If its just instant cast and nothing else, I see little need unless there is some benefit I am missing?
    Quick math: What is doing more damage:
    - Casting 2 Fires of Gehenna over 4 seconds
    - Casting 2 Fires of Gehenna and one Hellfire Stream over 4 seconds

An almost free (casting time wise) Hellfire Stream every 4 seconds is a nontrivial DPS contribution. Which could bring you from 'doing fine' to 'doing well'.

I have seen and read many of your posts and looked at your straw man tests and appreciate the time you spent. There are 2 different posts and some go back pretty far. I see that there were bugs at one time and now things are working better but from what I read , my understanding is you don't think Fury of Underworld would be worth 5 points. The problem comes from looking at different posts and getting information at different times. When I first started I likely looked at the 1st post or 2 (from different people ,some could have been just crazy lol) and used that feat. I later read that it had been fixed, you did some straw man tests to confirm , so I changed it again. I finally read that I shouldn't worry about it. In a raid setting you pet can tend to pull at times so I dumped it, also reading a post you wrote, as far as doing straw man tests myself I wouldn't be the best at understanding what is going on. Reading results, casting correctly , the correct rotation, and SW to get good info. Once again thanks for the great information you post, appreciate, it helps a bunch.
    Fury of the Underworld is fine now. That feat also applies to the T5 pet, but Abyssal Flameweaver does very neglible damage compared to the Cacodemon. I have a bugreport towards that Abyssal Flameweaver is unaffected of Demonic Power and Pact of Earthwalking, (also that Wildfire finesse don't work) so I hope it will get resolved.

You can't really trust what people write on these forums. Some don't test things themselves, just type what some guildie said a while ago. Parsing a combat log in Age of Conan is really simple so go ahead and give it a go if you want to try. Helps a lot if you are looking to improve builds or rotations to see what is most effective.

And yes, as Belatsunat is absolutely correct with; feat and use all the instants. Even Detonation. Hellfire Stream, Shock, Detonation, plus semi-instants like Shock Lance and Bindings are immense tools for burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Quick math: What is doing more damage:
    - Casting 2 Fires of Gehenna over 4 seconds
    - Casting 2 Fires of Gehenna and one Hellfire Stream over 4 seconds

An almost free (casting time wise) Hellfire Stream every 4 seconds is a nontrivial DPS contribution. Which could bring you from 'doing fine' to 'doing well'.
    I have yet to use FOG , I mainly use the shockstrike with WOF -- The consensus seems to be a plus to have combustion maxed out, so that's a fix I did right away. There are a few feats I am not so sure of and my thought on it. Demon Heart of Chatha - (mana Health Stun Fear) -- with AA's is this important or can I skip it ( any Pro/Con on it). Chained Shockstrike -- I do use shock strike, I first use rotation Chaotic Blast then follow with a shockstrike and WOF , with instant casts shock and hellfire stream anytime my WOF is on cool down I hit the 2 instant casts -- occasionally a wicked bolt.. So back to chained shockstrike not sure how well it helps or hurts build -- if I left it out where do points go better ? Next question would be Overload vs. Earth recharge -- I feel I need neither , AA's seem to take care of mana issues (and T4 Gear ) so any opinions on this? ( Some builds seem dated due to AA's , not sure if that's true or not) also just wanted to say thanks for the responses and I will try doing some parses when I figure out how. I do watch my raid parses and sometimes they are awesome and other times I seem to fall flat -- biggest thing I notice is the pacts seem to make huge impact, That said one thing that can make or break a Raid is someone over using DPS., So i try to be careful. This is mainly a solo Raid Build ( Entity, T4) I dont use Flame Body, I seem to be able to handle the cast a lot better now and am increasing AA. Once again Thanks for the helpful posts My newest respec http://goo.gl/ZNvC7b