Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Roragar View Post
    Ive been leveling a demo as a nice way to ease myself back into aoc & its great fun but im just wondering about builds & those listed above.

Is it best to have a hybrid flame/shock or ok to go down one tree? Only asking as aesthetically I find i enjoy playing as a more fire themed mage so have specced him that way thus far, what if anything am i missing as from the original branches of the trees they just seem like a copy/paste of each other but just flame/shock differences..

Any advice/info would be appreciated

Cheers
    The two trees (Havoc and Conflagration) are pretty different. The similarities are very superficial.

Similarities: both of the specializations have a main spell (Fire of Gehenna for Conflagration, Shockstrike for Havoc), a fast insta-cast spell (Hellfire Stream for Conflagration, Shock for Havoc; note that Hellfire Stream is insta only if you feat Combustion, which is really an essential feat), and a Big Aoe spell (Inferno of Amher / Shockblast).

In practice each of these spell is different from the equivalent in the opposite tree: for example, Shockstrike is generally favourable for AoE (Shockstrike AoE feats from Havoc tree for example are a must for my PvP playstile), while Fire of Gehenna can provide you better single target DPS; Shockblast feated performs way higher damage then Inferno of Amher, but Inferno of Amher can apply Incinerate and a DPS debuff on targets; Hellfire Streams can apply Incinerate etc.

As you see, it's wrong to consider the two trees specular, similarities are just "aesthetical".

To continue, the two trees provide different CCs: Conflagration provides the awesome Detonation (insta AoE Knockback), while Havoc an additional long duration stun and an useful single target knockback (even if not as great as Detonation).
    Remember that demo also has an innate root and stun.

Each tree also has specific spells: Waves of Flame is weak without Ring of Fire perk, but wuth that perk becomes one of the essential DPS demo spells.
    Havoc provides Shocklance, which is useful (stacked 5x is an additional insta cast, and everything insta is awesone..).

End trees are very different (but pretty much the most worth one, if not the only one, is Pact of the Earthwalking).

And so on..

Let's go to the point: most efficient builds are Hybrid (havoc + conflagration).
    Someone goes for trybrid, adding General for Hate Decrease in PvE, or Purge in PvP (I suggest you to discard this last option for PvP, though I have tried it extensively).

But you will find a lot of discussions already about build.. So just have fun reading this section of the forum
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 30th December 2014 at 17:36.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Really appreciate the quality & quantity of your response Korando

Will give it a little respec & play around with your knowledge & builds mentioned beforehand!

Thank you

So I dinged 80 on this little beast a couple of days ago & have just realized that I spent my first day running round Khitai doing faction quests for the same ones I did for my conq...doh!

No biggy as I gathered a few tokens an such, however just looking at what the best factions are for gear for a demo?

Also any gear recs would be appreciated as im a bit in the dark & apart from builds couldnt find any gear info etc

Quote Originally Posted by Roragar View Post
    So I dinged 80 on this little beast a couple of days ago & have just realized that I spent my first day running round Khitai doing faction quests for the same ones I did for my conq...doh!

No biggy as I gathered a few tokens an such, however just looking at what the best factions are for gear for a demo?

Also any gear recs would be appreciated as im a bit in the dark & apart from builds couldnt find any gear info etc
    Factions don't really matter all that much anymore - the most important pieces are legs, chest and head which don't require rep, and the Khitai accessories for demo aren't especially good. Imo there isn't much difference between getting Khitai caster weapons and getting something like the T2 quest staff or 2x blue talismans from Ardashir Fort/ToD.

The only thing you really lose out on by not getting rep is boots and wrists, but good wrists drop frequently from unchained boxes, and you can get some decent T3 boots for only 20 T3 relics (which you may have from the WB).

As for what gear you should get, Brittle Blade is best for almost all slots, although Scarlet Circle shoulders and legs are decent as well. Hood of the Putrescent from Ardashir Fort, the epic cape from Vile, and Dreamer's Keepsake rings from the trader (until you get milestone/T3 or better rings) are also worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    This just is more value for points. http://goo.gl/Z9IStZ . The only argument I see against is incinerates and intense heat eating PoD stacks - which is fair enough.

As for team support, the points in Conflagration adds faster debuffing, another CC, group buffing through Unholy Hate, and another instant CC in Detonation.

Two variations of course where one could spec Amassed Flames along with splash on FoG, but personally I value Shock Lance more often to be more contributary than 7 points for a damage buff that would disappear after every WoF. The discussion has been had before through the 25 pages of this thread..
    I don't feel you have to sacrifice Shock Lance to get Amassed Flames. I took points off Demon Heart of Chatha (dont expect mana issues with the points in Overload/Earth Recharge), Possession, and Improves WoF to get the 7 points needed for Amassed Flames.
    http://goo.gl/5F1EDY

Why? I cut WoF midcast to keep Amassed Flames running in the rotation. +108 dps is not negligible in the long run and it's also why I support the use of Unholy Hate (enough time to cast a combo or 2 under buff every 25 seconds).

I wouldnt personally use this template but I feel that the free damage offered in havoc should not be neglected. Especially since most demos play fire nowadays.
    Last edited by Venere; 27th December 2015 at 20:37.

It only took this guy 11months to disagree with what you all think😁
    Last edited by Suctum; 28th December 2015 at 05:22.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It only took this guy 11months to disagree with you with you all😁
    1000 ways to play a Demo and none of they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    1000 ways to play a Demo and none of they are right.
    It's only right when you spec impish horde...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It's only right when you spec impish horde...
    Don't forget Boil Blood, its a deadly combo with Impish Horde!

Drunk. Standing on your head, drool running up your chin. That's all you need to know to play a Demo. If you can't land something on a Demo completely blasted and not contribute something, you need to go back to Tortage and pay Casilda for a night of asphyxiophilia.