Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Cool. Over 14 pages, only to get the info I needed right here in the end two posts...(Suctum's and Firewpowah's, along with other's throughout)

Good discussions in here though, though which is far more enlightening than merely being handed the keys!

And sorry for Necro'ing the thread =)
    Yup! Incinerate and Intense Heat steals some of the Pact of Dread stacks, but they also add a small percentage of continous damage. There are more or less only two ways to play the demo, within eight meters range so you can use Ring of Fire / Waves of Flame effectively, or out of eight meters range, so you can not use it.

Firepowah's build is horrible, he has spent no feats in enhancing the pet. A fully feated pet adds 10-12% damage on your total.

With Waves of Flame and Ring of Fire fully perked, I would use this build here. http://goo.gl/xjt0ST with Shockstrike/Shockblast/Fires of Gehenna and instants or pacts as fillers between WoF's.

Without opportunity to use Waves of Flame, I would use this build here. http://goo.gl/HTUD8K with FoG as filler between WoF's.

In the end, remember that Overloaded Shockblast always gives an extra hit even though there is just one mob, while Chained Shockstrike only works if there are two mobs next to eachother. Shockblast has the same cast time as Shockstrike, so in the end its down to if you want that Shock Lance stack or that extra hit from Shockblast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    With Waves of Flame and Ring of Fire fully perked, I would use this build here. http://goo.gl/xjt0ST with
    1. Why do you feat Demonic War? I doubt its worth spending two points on a broken feat to get to Unholy Hate.
    2. Why do you spend 5 points in Overload when its not needed?
    3. Rapid recharge not fully feated?

Btw. Abary's build is for PvP I would guess.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

1. 4 the grp, mainly
    Nabaris build is 4 pvp, u can c that he feeted wave of flames so they have 38m range , hehe
    Marny----> Imarny
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope,and nice red uniforms.

In the end, remember that Overloaded Shockblast always gives an extra hit even though there is just one mob, while Chained Shockstrike only works if there are two mobs next to eachother. Shockblast has the same cast time as Shockstrike, so in the end its down to if you want that Shock Lance stack or that extra hit from Shockblast.
    So you are suggesting the use of Shockblast even for single target scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    1. Why do you feat Demonic War? I doubt its worth spending two points on a broken feat to get to Unholy Hate.
    2. Why do you spend 5 points in Overload when its not needed?
    3. Rapid recharge not fully feated?

Btw. Abary's build is for PvP I would guess.
    For group purposes. Unholy Hate is also group wide. Getting Combustion so need to spend anyway to progress further.

Five points in Overload ensures that every fourth spell that procs it is cast free of mana.

Rapid Recharge only two points cause that makes the cooldown fit in three shockstrikes, or one WoF and one Shockstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    So you are suggesting the use of Shockblast even for single target scenarios?
    Yeah it does more damage because of the Overloaded Shockblast damage.

Jees, it was 22 pages heheh. Anyway, information on what not to do is just as important as what to do.

And sorry if I missed other's in the helpful part.

Personally, I've 'refined' Demo's in to certain builds for certain purposes as has been said and done for years now. Like any person would over time, really. I have a short-range, high impact area affect Waves+Detonate build for soloing and powerlevelling. It's sweet just how much time you have at the end of an East Ruins farm you have to grab a coffee =D Plus nothing more fun than pulling 10 Khitai mobs with Chaotic Blast in a glass cannon build, detonating with 2-3 points of incinerate, and then Waves them in to ash before they've hit the ground =D (both WoF AA's there along with feats, too)

Then there's the single-target build in Havoc (effectively what Suctum's been saying there for ages but talks about in a bit more detail compared to my 'instincts'...is he even still playing?) which allows you to focus more damage on the target and opens up more possibilities for flexibility like mana regen, debuffs, more damage, team heals, team buffs, AE enhancements, tribuilds if that's your thing, etc etc.

Can't say I've had to many mana issues in PvE even on my super-scrub (talking 80 greens and 60 blue accessories, here!) Demo, either. Insta-casts I only ever use for debuff's or kiting. And I rarely ever feat mana-gaining abilities. But then, I'm the kind of person that likes to pop Circle of Mana on the DT and then cast Waves, or on other mages with Havoc =P

PvP wise, I dont really do anymore because of my connection (oooh baby, 50/20 fibre coming soon!)

Ever heard of Spellweaving? :P Thats how you get into mana problems. ^^

Ever heard of Spellweaving? :P Thats how you get into mana problems. ^^
    Personally, I'm not really a fan of SW on my Demo's. They're hardier creatures than necro's and their CCs could from the boost from the SW, but I prefer the instant reaction of GTFO if I pull. I've had to tank a few spellmobs in Kylikki's a few times and did it well enough before people realised I had it. SWs debuffs would more than likely just **** me in those cases.

And ultimately, Demos the only toon I can mouse or KB one handed while holding my beer having a quite smash n bash in AoC 8-D

Hehe, well each to his own, I guess. If you spellweave and pull, just hit the spellweave button again, cause you have it keybound, yeah? It takes less than a half second and you are ready to run. I even spellweave at Entity fight until I see the Aquiring Targets particle effect on me, then I go down and run. But then again some people die over and over again on the Beam even when not spellweaving.

You should NOT run if you pull agro, that makes it harder for the tank to taunt it off you, and the likelyness of another dps pulling it before you can get rid of it to a tank is very high. The key is having tanks that know what to do, and also to use Planar Shift and Subtle Illusion right before you do big nukes, or when you feel that you are going to pull soon, like for example when tank is low on hp and not hitting, trying to change agro to next tank..

A Demo not spellweaving is a waste of a slot in a raid. Yes, I'd go that far to say it is a waste of a slot. You are not maximizing your damage potential. Just look at the Spellweaving stack 6 buffs.

http://imgur.com/ifCyMnS

With stack 6 of spellweaving and then buffing with Hand of God, you can triple the dps of what you would have if not spellweaving. Agro is no problem, just use Planar Shift (7 meter range) or Subtle Illusion (5 meter range) before you nuke hard with Hand of God buffed. If thats a problem too, either use Misdirection or die. That resets agro completely and you won't likely get back in top of agro again for the remainder of the fight.

About Necro vs Demo squishyness, the Demo is far more squishy. I base this upon the reason of Necro has pets that can tank while using Frenzy, Necro has Lifestrike which can crit heal 1500hp+, Necro has Tome of Epithur that can permastun for 15 seconds.

With a 15 minutes cooldown, and we have to lose HP to keep casting spells.

Oh, and some necros don't use pets. Although I'm starting to believe I'm the last Nightfall necro in Hyboria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."