Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

Do any demo still feet into Purge, or 20 points in general to get purge? I feel its a waste because its sacrificing either pet buff/heal or Detonation kb.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    its a topic of specs and this is my spec. There's no need for smthing new . But at least on fury , this spec is half-forgotten.
    So everyone is Havoc/General? Shock Strike sniping makes for a boring mini, and only really works when your in full T4 getting the most out of your magic damage.

With the amount of Conqs in game though, a tribrid might work with those snares when you are facing two or three. I hate that build though and refuse to use it.

I have been running the same hybrid spec since 1.5 unchanged almost, the only thing I adjusted was Wicked Bolt when it went to a 1 second cast time, it's too easy to double tap or for someone to just turn on EB 1/2 way through the cast.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    So everyone is Havoc/General? Shock Strike sniping makes for a boring mini, and only really works when your in full T4 getting the most out of your magic damage.

With the amount of Conqs in game though, a tribrid might work with those snares when you are facing two or three. I hate that build though and refuse to use it.
    People mostly run havoc/gen , then there's a LTB spec (for this i blame Abary , who trolled people into LTB at the beggining of this thread ^^ ) . Then there's this WoF spec http://goo.gl/sEVnF , some ppl use it good , i dont go for it since i dislike wof . Last in popularity is hybrid (tho its first in efficiency usually)

Full t4 havoc demos are sad , they can only farm some kills in JS , while their utility tends to 0 , and this can be observed in any other map.

As for the 3way spec , ye , i wouldnt use it aswell , hybrid is the most fun and speedy spec and i see myself sticking to it for long
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

This is the build which works best for me in minis:

http://goo.gl/gFFHC

I prefer to feat AoE for Shockstrike instead of Overloaded Shockblast, and use only Inferno of Amher as pure AoE spell, mostly for its melee debuff.

I also have a tribrid spec ready with Purge and general armor and prot.
    It makes some sense versus teams with 2+ sins and some tanks, but IMHO generally first spec works better in every situation.

Anyway good sins with T4 gear (or just kithai gear) are so ridicolously op vs demos that the times Purge or some more armor / prot save your ass are not really so many.
    Last edited by Calore; 22nd June 2013 at 06:01.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Default Flame only pve build ?

g-day gang
    just wondering if someone can help me with a pve only build, my demo is currently lvl48 I would really like to specialize in conflag ( to me a demo risen from hell is all about the flames )

so help with a build and a rotation would be most appreciated
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jmacbear View Post
    g-day gang
    just wondering if someone can help me with a pve only build, my demo is currently lvl48 I would really like to specialize in conflag ( to me a demo risen from hell is all about the flames )

so help with a build and a rotation would be most appreciated
    cheers
    Well, you can spec however you want if you have some kind of RP template you are pulling off.

If you care about game play though, full conflag is usually a bad idea. As opposed to the EU opinion, the end feats in conflag are terrible. Conflag however, works better at lower levels till around 70. Quicker casts and splash damage will help you burn mobs. However, at 70 havoc becomes much more useful. You can spec earthwalker for a green heal, which is huge in leveling and solo pve. It's also fairly useful in group pve when you have only one healer, not too mention if you go for the caco demon your pet does decent enough damage. Chained Shock strike and feated Shock Blast are your premier AoE spells. IoA works, but unless mobs are very spread out stick with Shock Strike. Also, lining up several mobs and targeting the very back one will allow your Shock Lance and HF stream take advantage of their line effect and hit 3-4 mobs at a time. Feating Demonic Heart will help your mana regen, and earth pact or overload help even more. You can go general to add some more protection, damage, and mana regen, however, you can also go hybrid and feat out your HF stream, detonate, and some other small dots. Hybrid might be the better pvp build, but still a very strong pve build if your soloing a lot.

In full conflag and general, you don't have the utility of a green heal, increased pet damage, demonic heart, feated SB (the best aoe), shock lance, or the 2 mana helpers (over load and earth recharge), a second stun or KB (if you feat them)- you also miss out on the first feat circle of magic, which when hitting several mobs pulls your mana right back (if you do enough dps)

You do get in full conflag, fully feated FoG, living firestorm (not very good), 2nd root (also crap), a 150% increase to fog (which you could cast 2 fogs and do more in the same time), flame body (useful for several raid encounters and 6 mans), no damage pacts (good if your running renegotiation), a better planar shift (cool down still 5 minutes so...meh) and Let it Burn, a spell I hate but the EU loves.

Play wise Havoc-general or Hybrid is better, but you could make a case for Conflag-general if your running with renegotiation and WoF.

As far as rotations, there is no magic. Start off with Chaotic Blast to debuff, and get your instants in to keep up another debuff. If your Havoc keep casting Shock Strike and instants and throw in a Shock Lance when you have a 5x stack. If your Fog, just keep casting FoG and instants and detonate when at a 5x. Of course if there are multiple targets, use WoF if you got the AA, SB, Shock Strike, and IoA if they are really spread out. Try to position yourself so that HF Stream and Shock Lance go through as many targets as possible since it's a line attack.

Just keep in mind, it's your instants that eat your mana, so unless you know you can keep it up relax on them when you get below half mana. SW as needed and use your pacts, save archfiend until your almost out of mana, then pop it. It's also a good idea to cast subtle illusion every once in a while, or a big hit on an agro wipe or close after. Remember planar shift is also an agro dump, and you could feat misdirection. Although if your in T3+ tanks should not have that much problem losing agro.
    Last edited by Suctum; 26th June 2013 at 00:51.
    Doomsayer 2008

well when you put it like that who needs flames lol.

ok so the next question would be whats the best pve build and rotation I should start working on ?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jmacbear View Post
    well when you put it like that who needs flames lol.

ok so the next question would be whats the best pve build and rotation I should start working on ?
    cheers
    Until you are lvl 80 play whatever you are comfortable with, once you hit lvl 80 a few things are pretty much a must for team play and raiding.

1) Path of Earth Walking feat in Havok tree. (provides team with nice green heal and buffs your pets damage.)

2)Demonic heart of Chatha. (feat in Havok tree that regens health and mana really well.)

3) Feat out AA Cacodemon pet. (Gives great self/team buffs and best damage pet.)

4) Have detonation and cumbustion feated. (best kb cc in the game, helps with grinding or surviving.)

Anything else is pretty much up to you aslong as you have those 4 things met at level 80, gear plays a big role in damage for demo. Mana will always be a problem until you have a ton of intelligence and learn when and where to spellweave. good luvk.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    As opposed to the EU opinion, the end feats in conflag are terrible.
    Apart some Abary (probably) trolling, who from EU ever said that Conflagration end feats are good?

Suctum you should stop with your EU vs US posts.
    Please listen to this suggestion.
    /offtopic

About good PvE build for level 80 start (so with few AA feated), you could use something like this (which is good for PvP too; CCs will help you stay alive vs mobs while solo playing):

http://goo.gl/LLVHM
    Last edited by Calore; 26th June 2013 at 06:32.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post

About good PvE build for level 80 start (so with few AA feated), you could use something like this (which is good for PvP too; CCs will help you stay alive vs mobs while solo playing):

http://goo.gl/LLVHM
    cheers mate i'll work on that, what would be the ideal rotation for this spec ?