Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

Quote Originally Posted by itoewa View Post
    Which feats are especially good for solo-pve?
    Grab detonation+backdraft for sure.Demonic heart of Chatha for the regens.Overloaded shockblast really plows through aoe pulls until you have 5 points in ring of fire and then it is still good.Grab soul resonance and blazing fire for quick debuffing along rapid recharge for shock and combustion for hellfire stream.And all the way to pact of earth walking for your pet to deal some decent dmg and trigger a green heal for you.1 point in wicked bolt and 1-2 in possession for more ccs.

Basically any pvp hybrid going down to poew posted in this thread will do fine in solo pve.

But you can probably take any build you want and have an easy way though all solo pve content unless you are doing lvl 80 khitai stuff in lvl 50 green gear :P.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 24th May 2013 at 08:58.

My 0.05$ about Demonologist. Purely PvE perspective.

The Entity: http://goo.gl/B9dg06 Stacking incinerate with FoG and use Consume Flames to help on mana management.

The CC: http://goo.gl/elcXyN Instants, Wof, Shockstrike, repeat... CC machine. Thunderclap is really good at doors in T4. Three remaining points to be put wherever you want. Demon Heart of Chatha, Chained Shockstrike, Rapid Recharge and Overloaded Shockblast could be feated.

The full dps: http://goo.gl/vxRAsu Instants, Wof, Shockstrike or Shockblast for fill..

When in range, use Waves of Flame. Fill with instants, Chaotic Blast, Shockblast/Shockstrike. Use Unholy Hate and pacts before instants and Waves of Flame. Use Detonation on non-kb'able mobs as well, it is instant aoe damage after all.

As others mention, max Decisive and Pressing Strikes. Use Enchanter and Will of the Sublime while in group, swap Enchanter for Transcendence when soloing, that stun time reduction can save your life more than once.

Ring of Fire is superior when ever you can stand 8 meters or closer to one or more mobs. Only being forced to stand at longer range should make you remove this from perk bar.

Cacodemon is the demo pet with the best damage. It hits roughly 10-15% harder than Demon Warlord. Cacodemon has a good group buff. It has spell damage coefficient of 0.15 compared to Warlord that has 0.04.

Bindings of the Skylord is a 0.3 second cast time hard hitting spell with 14 seconds cooldown. Costs 704 mana though, but is not affected by Hand of Doom.

Renegotiation adds Critical Damage Rating to Archfiends Pact and Pact with Set. This is nice to use at ranged fights, or if you wish to concerve mana and not use Bindings, or trade Cacodemon for higher crits.

All two slot class perks are utterly crap and not worth even timetraining when you are fully AA.

Handy tips. Place keybinds on easy reach buttons for the instant spells. I use the lower row on keyboard for the most used spells, and everything is in easy reach for my left hand. I use Stonerune.

< = Hellfire Stream
    Z = Shock
    X = Shockstrike
    C = Waves of Flame
    V = Bindings of the Skylord
    B = Shock Lance
    Q = Chaotic Blast
    E = Unholy Suppression
    T = Detonation
    F = Fiery Torment
    R = Hands of the Underworld
    1 = Unholy Hate
    2 = Archfiends Pact
    3 = Pact with Set
    4 = Bloody Pact with Set
    5 = Break Pact
    F2 = Shockblast
    F3 = Inferno of Amher
    F4 = Circle of Magic
    Shift + > Spellweave
    \ = Planar Shift (\ is bound to thumb on mouse)
    Shift + \ = Subtle Illusion
    Shift + B = Draw Forth the Heart
    Shift + C = Unbinding Charm
    Shift + R = Storm Chains
    Shift + F = Possession (if feated)
    Shift + T = Wicked Bolt (if feated)
    Alt + 1 = Health potion
    Alt + 2 = Mana potion
    Alt + 3 = Melee hit
    Alt + Q = Pet follow
    Alt + E = Pet assist

All paths are on Shift + 2
    All buffs are on Shift + 3
    Last edited by Shax84; 5th March 2015 at 22:35.

My advice: listen to Buyten, he is the top damage-dealer in raids and groups.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

About pets.

Demon Familiar. It's buff Increases max mana by 208. Fire damage 3 sec 2 proc enemy centered aoe. 4 seconds cast time. Not too sure about the width of the AoE, but it does 1/3 of the initial hit on adjacent mobs.

Demon Guardian. It's buff increases health by 1/3 of Cacodemon. Channeling spell, 10 seconds. Electric damage.

Demon Slave. It's buff increases regens. Can be improved by deep Conflag feats. Places a fire dot on mob, 3 sec duration, 2 procs. Initial hit is about 1/4 of the procs. 4 second cast time.

Demon Avenger. It's buff adds retributive damage for a miniscule amount. Hits electric, 3 sec cast time.

Demon Warlord. It's buff adds 1% spell dmg and 4% weapon dmg. 2,5 sec cast time, fire damage. Best choice if you dont have Cacodemon.

Cacodemon. Its buff increases health, melee/ranged weapon damage by 10%, spell damage by 2,5%. Hits fire, 2,5 sec cast. Has spell coefficient of 0,15. All other pets has 0,4.
    Last edited by Buyten; 8th June 2013 at 09:07.

[PVP]
    http://goo.gl/Agx35
    perks: dec/pres - EE/WoB - Caco/Skylord

Shortcasts spec . You get shock/hellfire fully functional with lowest cds , once every 5-8 seconds u can hit a charged shocklance (very usefull spell for a middle-range caster) . Once shortcasts are on cd main dps spell is FoG , using shockstrike only for faraway targets .
    Also , large aoe are boosted to ensure a good 4-man wipe when you get crit buff and cc'ed enemies.
    Basic tools : Hands of Underworld , Subbtle Illusion (oh yesh! that's a bubble actually)
    edit to add that maximasing the use of SW is a must, you can burn a man in 4-7 seconds , so dare sw-crit , specced possession will help a lot here
    Last edited by Audrey-; 18th June 2013 at 15:20.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    [PVP]
    http://goo.gl/Agx35
    perks: dec/pres - EE/WoB - Caco/Skylord

Shortcasts spec . You get shock/hellfire fully functional with lowest cds , once every 5-8 seconds u can hit a charged shocklance (very usefull spell for a middle-range caster) . Once shortcasts are on cd main dps spell is FoG , using shockstrike only for faraway targets .
    Also , large aoe are boosted to ensure a good 4-man wipe when you get crit buff and cc'ed enemies.
    Basic tools : Hands of Underworld , Subbtle Illusion (oh yesh! that's a bubble actually)
    edit to add that maximasing the use of SW is a must, you can burn a man in 4-7 seconds , so dare sw-crit , specced possession will help a lot here
    That's the basic hybrid spec any demo has been using since 1.5. What's new with it?
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Demon Guardian. It's buff increases health by 1/3 of Cacodemon. Channeling spell, 10 seconds. Electric damage.
    Wanted to mention that this is a great pvp pet, its channel hits almost instantly and procs the green heal right away where the other pets take about 2-3 secs to cast. Sometimes people run away and pet doesnt hit them robbing you of your green heal. Also the channeling spell hits every 1 sec giving your pet a better chance to crit and procing Pact of dread (+50% crit bonus damage) at a faster rate. Yes your pets crits will proc pact of dread. Its dps is also pretty good hitting for about 200 a sec on regualr mobs and 400-500 a sec on T3/T4 mobs. Great pet for people that run Waves/Binding spec in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Wanted to mention that this is a great pvp pet, its channel hits almost instantly and procs the green heal right away where the other pets take about 2-3 secs to cast. Sometimes people run away and pet doesnt hit them robbing you of your green heal. Also the channeling spell hits every 1 sec giving your pet a better chance to crit and procing Pact of dread (+50% crit bonus damage) at a faster rate. Yes your pets crits will proc pact of dread. Its dps is also pretty good hitting for about 200 a sec on regualr mobs and 400-500 a sec on T3/T4 mobs. Great pet for people that run Waves/Binding spec in pvp.
    It's also the "get killed by sin pet" as it will constantly proc LO. You gotta be careful with that pet if there are a bunch of sins. I stick with avenger when I see HoX and Warlord if I see a good ToS. The casting on each of these pets is slow enough where I am not making sins invincible constantly.
    Last edited by Suctum; 19th June 2013 at 04:18.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It's also the "get killed by sin pet" as it will constantly proc LO. You gotta be careful with that pet if there are a bunch of sins. I stick with avenger when I see HoX and Warlord if I see a good ToS. The casting on each of these pets is slow enough where I am not making sins invincible constantly.
    With any good sin it wont matter what pet you have, they will take you out in under 5 secs and there is nothing a demo can do about it IE Facepoker. But you are right about LO, I try to get a crit in on sins as fast as possible to get LO over with and burn them down before it procs again 10 secs later. Besides, the skillweave necros keep sins in LO mode constantly.
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 19th June 2013 at 05:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    That's the basic hybrid spec any demo has been using since 1.5. What's new with it?
    its a topic of specs and this is my spec. There's no need for smthing new . But at least on fury , this spec is half-forgotten.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*