Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

Quote Originally Posted by hellbone View Post
    ok guys now i need your help with alt demo: i wanna use in T4 so my spec is Havoc/General: http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v6_12c6...99c8196a41944c
    bad or good? and what's the best rotation? and the perfect perks are BotS + Caco?

thx for the help
    Right now I am really a big fan of renegotiation. I find Bindings is really just good for quick burst in PvP, but the crit damage rating from your pacts combined with DS/PS/WoTS and decent gear to me give an overall better benefit that one 1k spell every 15 seconds. Seeing as incinerate really eat your PoD, feating just for the Chained Shockstrike and picking up the no damage and longer lasting pacts and maybe keeping shocklance might be the way to go...

Try this if you got the AA I mentioned above:

http://aocfeats.com/feat/demo/12c190...8e7418960189c1
    Doomsayer 2008

Hey all - I have a fresh 80 demo, no gear to speak of and no AA's. I am aiming for renegotiation and prob RoF.
    This is for pvp/soloing on a pvp server.

I'm going to rock conflag. / gen. , and I was wondering if anyone had a few pointers
    http://goo.gl/0i6SO

Basically a pact fire build, with some of the survivability that gen tree affords me.

*No field of fires because people like to run to the guards.
    **I did feat Phase Out. I know it's a 5 min CD, but I wasn't sure where else to put the points.
    ***before you "flame" me for not speccing hybrid, I know all the reasons I should, but I am looking for advice with THIS build idea.

Thanks demos

Spec field of fires anyway. Them running to the guards will still get you killed without it because of Incinerate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by UrZhu View Post
    Hey all - I have a fresh 80 demo, no gear to speak of and no AA's. I am aiming for renegotiation and prob RoF.
    This is for pvp/soloing on a pvp server.

I'm going to rock conflag. / gen. , and I was wondering if anyone had a few pointers
    http://goo.gl/0i6SO

Basically a pact fire build, with some of the survivability that gen tree affords me.

*No field of fires because people like to run to the guards.
    **I did feat Phase Out. I know it's a 5 min CD, but I wasn't sure where else to put the points.
    ***before you "flame" me for not speccing hybrid, I know all the reasons I should, but I am looking for advice with THIS build idea.

Thanks demos
    I don't like Let it Burn, but if your insistent on this build I would suggest you move the 2 points from Phase out to Black Ashes so you can stack aoe incinerates. The combat rating debuff meh, but being able to stack incinerate on 3-6 people rather than 1 or 2 with fog casts to set up detonate is win for world pvp. That's only for large scale pvp, small groups just stick with fog.

I'd still go with feild of fires as well, all your dps minus bindings is splash anyways. Speccing backdraft makes some of your pet aoe splash wider as well, so you'll always be doing splash damage.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I don't like Let it Burn, but if your insistent on this build I would suggest you move the 2 points from Phase out to Black Ashes so you can stack aoe incinerates. The combat rating debuff meh, but being able to stack incinerate on 3-6 people rather than 1 or 2 with fog casts to set up detonate is win for world pvp. That's only for large scale pvp, small groups just stick with fog.

I'd still go with feild of fires as well, all your dps minus bindings is splash anyways. Speccing backdraft makes some of your pet aoe splash wider as well, so you'll always be doing splash damage.
    Thanks! Great advice, picked up black ashes. As for field of fires, we talking 1 or 3 points?

And can I ask why you don't like Let Them Burn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    Spec field of fires anyway. Them running to the guards will still get you killed without it because of Incinerate.
    If they attack first, then incinerate isn't a problem, the guards won't care. Obviously I stop attacking when they hug the guard so aoe isn't a problem. The only thing that was killing me was field of fires, because of the damage pulse.
    As soon as I speccd out of FoF my guard deaths stopped. Sad but true.

Nothing's more annoying than getting jumped and defending yourself, only to have the guards finish you off.

I will spec FoF for minis tho - 1 or 3 points?
    Last edited by UrZhu; 29th April 2013 at 09:37.

Quote Originally Posted by UrZhu View Post
    Thanks! Great advice, picked up black ashes. As for field of fires, we talking 1 or 3 points?

And can I ask why you don't like Let Them Burn?

If they attack first, then incinerate isn't a problem, the guards won't care. Obviously I stop attacking when they hug the guard so aoe isn't a problem. The only thing that was killing me was field of fires, because of the damage pulse.
    As soon as I speccd out of FoF my guard deaths stopped. Sad but true.

Nothing's more annoying than getting jumped and defending yourself, only to have the guards finish you off.

I will spec FoF for minis tho - 1 or 3 points?
    One Point for Field of Fires. Anymore is a waste.

Let it Burn is a channeled spell which only does good damage in SW. Like Evito said, if your fighting idiots that allow you to SW long enough to get Hand and then even longer to finish a 6 second channel it's great. Also, it's AoE around a primary target, that person could just run the other way and remove the aoe from group. In every other situation you need to be more mobile and the channel is just way to long to be a target. You could argue Waves of Flame is the same, but WoF hits 4x faster and can be canceled, besides, it's situtional and not used all the time.

Feating out Shockblast does way more damage and you don't need to be in SW for it to hit hard, but that's not the build your going for.
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th April 2013 at 16:02.
    Doomsayer 2008

Also to add to their points, Conflag / Gen is based upon being very mobile. Using a channeling spell as a main source of damage doesn't fit.

I would also get Bindings over RoF for that reason.

The AA's I would PVP with would be
    Decisive
    Field of War
    Transcendence
    Ethereal Escape
    Bindings
    Renegotiation

Field of War will benefit you more than bonus crit damage because the spell coefficients are so outrageous. I actually like Precise Strikes too when heavy Conflag because the incinerate / lingering flames dots crit and reduce your number of FoG crits.

If you are Havoc based, Shockstrike and shock are your main nukes, so you figure you have 1 'roll' every 2 1/2 - 3 seconds. Conflag based you have FoG, HFS, plus each tick of incinerate and lingering flames. That means you potentially have a 'roll' every 1 second. So the odds that your nuke will crit are cut down.

You'll still get your same 20 crits out of 100 attacks. The difference is that 2/3 of your attacks are for 40 damage.

If you crit 20 times and all of your attacks are 600+, well you get the idea. That's why I don't worry about crit chance as much with a heavy conflag build
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    Also to add to their points, Conflag / Gen is based upon being very mobile. Using a channeling spell as a main source of damage doesn't fit.

I would also get Bindings over RoF for that reason.

The AA's I would PVP with would be
    Decisive
    Field of War
    Transcendence
    Ethereal Escape
    Bindings
    Renegotiation

Field of War will benefit you more than bonus crit damage because the spell coefficients are so outrageous. I actually like Precise Strikes too when heavy Conflag because the incinerate / lingering flames dots crit and reduce your number of FoG crits.

If you are Havoc based, Shockstrike and shock are your main nukes, so you figure you have 1 'roll' every 2 1/2 - 3 seconds. Conflag based you have FoG, HFS, plus each tick of incinerate and lingering flames. That means you potentially have a 'roll' every 1 second. So the odds that your nuke will crit are cut down.

You'll still get your same 20 crits out of 100 attacks. The difference is that 2/3 of your attacks are for 40 damage.

If you crit 20 times and all of your attacks are 600+, well you get the idea. That's why I don't worry about crit chance as much with a heavy conflag build
    Depends on what type of PvP. If your doing smal scale ganking world pvp 3v3 I'd go with Rof/Renegotiation since people will be clusted and one Detonate can give you the chance to WoF everyone quickly.

Large scale PvP/minis I would probably stick with bindings/renego to finish people off.

But I agree, going with Field of War make more sense than 5% crit chance. 96 extra magic damage is pro.
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th April 2013 at 18:27.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Depends on what type of PvP. If your doing smal scale ganking world pvp 3v3 I'd go with Rof/Renegotiation since people will be clusted and one Detonate can give you the chance to WoF everyone quickly.

Large scale PvP/minis I would probably stick with bindings/renego to finish people off.

But I agree, going with Field of War make more sense than 5% crit chance. 96 extra magic damage is pro.
    My argument is more taking Precise and Field of War, IF you are heavy conflag. I just feel that you don't benefit as much from crits with all those dots. If you were over 30% crit chance, then maybe I would try to maximize it LOL

Which feats are especially good for solo-pve?