Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Well,was a fun and good read until i reached the 5 points in specter chant mana regen specc.

I like consume flames and unholy hate/demonic war use but i ll disagree on how much you ignore all other parts of getting down to PoeW.What you get on the way (pact of dread and shocklance) and the dps your pet can dish out with it are far better than what you get from tri-brid pve in almost every situation.

The tri-brid build sure works in pve but is far from optimal.You get a bit of magic damage and agro management which in the end you don't really need if the tanks are okay.
    My builds are 100% PvE, I haven't PvPed in prolly a year.

Pact of Dread has been bugged forever and shocklance is only useful if; 1. you are in a multi-mob fight and 2. if you are using SS. If you aren't doing either of those then you shouldn't feat it. You still get the damage from your pet, just a little less which you can far make up for with 72.3 more magic damage.

I appreciate your feedback. I was stuck on PoEW for a long time until there was a demo I couldn't beat, then I compared parses and got better.

I'm curious to hear how much people are parsing on entity with these builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I'm curious to hear how much people are parsing on entity with these builds.
    Entity is more about people not dying.

If you are taking more than 6 mins on Entity, you are doing stuff wrong.

That fight should be a bit over 5 mins, at least for us. I'm sure other guilds might do better but, bottom line if you are taking more than 6 mins to kill Entity, you have raid issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Entity is more about people not dying.

If you are taking more than 6 mins on Entity, you are doing stuff wrong.

That fight should be a bit over 5 mins, at least for us. I'm sure other guilds might do better but, bottom line if you are taking more than 6 mins to kill Entity, you have raid issues.
    Thanks for pointlessly not answering the question. Doing good DPS is perfectly compatible with not dying.

Thanks for pointlessly not answering the question. Doing good DPS is perfectly compatible with not dying.

Entity has 4,480,000 hp.

Do your own math based on how many you have on the boss, keeping in mind how many might die from photon beam.

Different classes will do varying amounts of dps on the boss. Also, how many times you have to run out for Acq Targets will also affect your dps.

Bottom line is how long it takes for your entire raid to kill the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Entity has 4,480,000 hp.

Do your own math based on how many you have on the boss, keeping in mind how many might die from photon beam.

Different classes will do varying amounts of dps on the boss. Also, how many times you have to run out for Acq Targets will also affect your dps.

Bottom line is how long it takes for your entire raid to kill the boss.
    I'm just going assume you are terrible seeing as how you are totally evasive to a simple question.

I'm just going assume you are terrible seeing as how you are totally evasive to a simple question.
    Well, I guess I could link some of our Entity parses but if you want to be an ass about stuff, maybe not.

As for assuming I'm terrible, lol, I top T4 parses all the time.

I'm using this, http://goo.gl/1Ci0s, for Entity, and parse around 1300dps if not running out for Aquiring target. Flame body is a must for this fight in my opinion. Specially if you're on the middle where the fire damage is more severe.

I don't s/w as I am usually on the middle and I prefer not to get demonic payment.
    Last edited by Freke; 20th March 2013 at 08:12.

Quote Originally Posted by wisas62 View Post
    My builds are 100% PvE, I haven't PvPed in prolly a year.

Pact of Dread has been bugged forever and shocklance is only useful if; 1. you are in a multi-mob fight and 2. if you are using SS. If you aren't doing either of those then you shouldn't feat it. You still get the damage from your pet, just a little less which you can far make up for with 72.3 more magic damage.

I appreciate your feedback. I was stuck on PoEW for a long time until there was a demo I couldn't beat, then I compared parses and got better.
    Same here ,haven't pvped for quite a long time.I would like to get some parse numbers from you in that case .

Quote Originally Posted by Freke View Post
    I'm using this, http://goo.gl/1Ci0s, for Entity, and parse around 1300dps if not running out for Aquiring target. Flame body is a must for this fight in my opinion. Specially if you're on the middle where the fire damage is more severe.

I don't s/w as I am usually on the middle and I prefer not to get demonic payment.
    You probably don't need amassed flames if your running renegotiation, in which case going further for the longer running no damage pacts would probably add more dps over all.

Also, casting instants just eat mana anyways unless you don't have mana problems, in which case no reason to even feat Hellfire Stream if your mana is an issue. I agree with flame body being great for this fight, but going down that far why not get the pacts? You could probably lose Earthwalker and PoD, since your incinerates will eat up the stacks anyways. I'd still keep Shock lance as Shockstrike is a much better spell than FoG in this fight. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Suctum; 20th March 2013 at 21:50.
    Doomsayer 2008