Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    But for PVP, don't you have to turn it off in half the matches because of POMs?
    I don't run it in pvp... pve yes.

I think I am going to make a havoc oriented hybrid build focused around splash damage. See how effective it is.

maybe something like this

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v6_12c1...9b5518ed519af2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I usually keep it on until the PoM realizes I have it up. Then I take it off.
    LOL yeah, when I saw Skuxx on the other team last night, I took it off right away. Once he realized I had it off, he didn't focus me too hard, which was nice. I guess I might try to find the points for it, as it does really give some nice benefits. Maybe in place of Black Ashes?
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Yeah, depends on the PoM, when I was actively PvPing I just left it on most of the time. But if there was decent PoM on the other team yeah, you don't want it on.

It's an awesome buff and the only time you shouldn't run it is if there's a PoM on the other team.
    I do run it all the time, but my only issue is whether to spare three points to buff it up completely or not.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

I think I had a spare point or 2 and had those in it, but they were just that, spec'd because there wasn't anything else worth specing.
    Something like this: http://goo.gl/dsJWA

I sacrificed the pet crit, but I've got most of the key feats.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

Yeah something like that is good, pet crit is only really for keeping up the green heal, and if you have 15% or so, it should be pretty much on all the time anyway (it's another PvE feat).
    It's also a "get you killed if you're kiting a Sin" feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    But for PVP, don't you have to turn it off in half the matches because of POMs?
    It all depends on who your playing against. If it's someone like Skuxx or Jeb, click it off and turn it on 1/2 through if the game is still even, they'll ignore you until they noticed it's back on.

If there are just random low level PoMs, I just leave it on. Even with the debuff my magic resist is still so high they don't do any damage anyways.

I find the health regen useful as well when heals are light and dots are everywhere.
    Doomsayer 2008

Yeah something like that is good, pet crit is only really for keeping up the green heal, and if you have 15% or so, it should be pretty much on all the time anyway (it's another PvE feat).
    Investing the points into Shockstrike is not a bad idea since you have a crap load of tanks clusterfvcking in minis now. The fact you can strike targets within 5 meters of the initial one is way higher on the wow factor than 10% crit chance from a pet that crits most of the time anyways...if you really want crits use the guardian pet.

Unless you never get a healer in minis, then you want every heal to be a crit lol

If your going for AoE, SS and SB are the way to go. IoA is too dated, and really only useful for incinerate stacks for Detonate. The only other up side to IoA is it has a slightly larger AoE than by SB 1 meter.
    Doomsayer 2008

I don't use PoEW in any build anymore. I recently just started playing again (3 weeks) but I had stopped well before then. I used to have a "6 man WoF" build that had the heal, but I dropped it for a full mana regen build for Entity.

General notes: Unholy hate and Demonic War are must haves for PvE in my opinion. Misdirection and Dark Meditation are awesome for PvE. Using either AoE is bad, they both suck unless your in W2, this means putting feat points in buffing either is bad. Using SS or FoG are both viable. I prefer FoG for incinerate but SS will do just as much (will have to modify the range trees below to get rid of Amassed Flames if you use SS). You can do just as much with either Caco or Bindings, I usually run Caco to buff whoever is in the group with me. Use Warlord if you use bindings, I did a test on the old forums and it does the most.

Full on range - couple notes: I like Consume Flames (a 5 stack is about 2k mana) and the 1 point in overload can really go anywhere you want it.
    http://goo.gl/knkDD

WoF without heal - couple notes: You can get rid of Detonation and ackdraft for PvE, I like it for questing and a big burst of 3k damage when the bosses are at 1%. Bombardment isn't needed and you can move those to Overload or Earth Recharge if you have mana problems, you need to get far enough down the tree for Soul Resonance.
    http://goo.gl/dCGOS

Mana Regen - couple notes: I only use this for Entity, the DPS isn't that great but it's better than being OOM the whole fight.
    http://goo.gl/vV0Vl

WoF with heal - couple notes: This isn't as good at the other one, but if you do a lot of 6 mans the extra heal can help.
    http://goo.gl/lHZhj

Btw Xenic:
    Magic dmg - 1450
    Crit rating - 19.8
    Crit dmg rating - 30.7
    Protection - 18 (Without Chromatic)
    Mitigation - 13.4
    HP - 7333
    HP w/ Fortifying - 7965

This includes the 72.3 magic damage from General.
    T4/T3.5/SC gear, crafted T3 dagger, T3 tali, T3 neck, T3 ring, T4 ring, and Vile cloak.

1800 is a troolololol.
    Last edited by wisas62; 19th March 2013 at 22:08.

Quote Originally Posted by wisas62 View Post
    I don't use PoEW in any build anymore. I recently just started playing again (3 weeks) but I had stopped well before then. I used to have a "6 man WoF" build that had the heal, but I dropped it for a full mana regen build for Entity.

General notes: Unholy hate and Demonic War are must haves for PvE in my opinion. Misdirection and Dark Meditation are awesome for PvE. Using either AoE is bad, they both suck unless your in W2, this means putting feat points in buffing either is bad. Using SS or FoG are both viable. I prefer FoG for incinerate but SS will do just as much (will have to modify the range trees below to get rid of Amassed Flames if you use SS). You can do just as much with either Caco or Bindings, I usually run Caco to buff whoever is in the group with me. Use Warlord if you use bindings, I did a test on the old forums and it does the most.

Full on range - couple notes: I like Consume Flames (a 5 stack is about 2k mana) and the 1 point in overload can really go anywhere you want it.
    http://goo.gl/knkDD

WoF without heal - couple notes: You can get rid of Detonation and ackdraft for PvE, I like it for questing and a big burst of 3k damage when the bosses are at 1%. Bombardment isn't needed and you can move those to Overload or Earth Recharge if you have mana problems, you need to get far enough down the tree for Soul Resonance.
    http://goo.gl/dCGOS

Mana Regen - couple notes: I only use this for Entity, the DPS isn't that great but it's better than being OOM the whole fight.
    http://goo.gl/vV0Vl

WoF with heal - couple notes: This isn't as good at the other one, but if you do a lot of 6 mans the extra heal can help.
    http://goo.gl/lHZhj

Btw Xenic:
    Magic dmg - 1450
    Crit rating - 19.8
    Crit dmg rating - 30.7
    Mitigation - 13.4
    HP - 7333
    HP w/ Fortifying - 7965

This includes the 72.3 magic damage from General.
    T4/T3.5/SC gear, crafted T3 dagger, T3 tali, T3 neck, T3 ring, T4 ring, and Vile cloak.

1800 is a troolololol.
    Well,was a fun and good read until i reached the 5 points in specter chant mana regen specc.

I like consume flames and unholy hate/demonic war use but i ll disagree on how much you ignore all other parts of getting down to PoeW.What you get on the way (pact of dread and shocklance) and the dps your pet can dish out with it are far better than what you get from tri-brid pve in almost every situation.

The tri-brid build sure works in pve but is far from optimal.You get a bit of magic damage and agro management which in the end you don't really need if the tanks are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by wisas62 View Post
    Btw Xenic:
    Magic dmg - 1450
    Crit rating - 19.8
    Crit dmg rating - 30.7
    Mitigation - 13.4
    HP - 7333
    HP w/ Fortifying - 7965
    I wasn't far off then. I thought it was mid to high 1300's with no general. I've been around 1200 with hybrid since shortly after the xpac came out :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.