Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demonologist Build Monotony

I personally loved demos before they changed the cc's. At least as a glass cannon you could get some of those sins off you. Now its almost impossible to get away from 2-3 sins with the group support usually recieved. If I was to "tweek" anything that would be it. Otherwise demo is golden.

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur6608 View Post
    I personally loved demos before they changed the cc's. At least as a glass cannon you could get some of those sins off you. Now its almost impossible to get away from 2-3 sins with the group support usually recieved. If I was to "tweek" anything that would be it. Otherwise demo is golden.
    Stealth attack/facestab/TW/FH...you can link it all to one macro button for 3-5k+ dps depending on gear. I wouldn't worry about dying to that, the people playing sins for the most part agree it's BS just as much as those on the receiving end, but use what you have I suppose.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur6608 View Post
    When you have 2-3 (good) sins on you there is little that can save you as a demo, only classes that can walk away from 2-3 sins is a PoM /ToS or well played heavy. What you are talking about in more general terms is being focused, and that just comes with being a soft target. Yes pvp was much more fun/skill based when we didnt have to deal with lotus overdose/dull pain/ and death whirlwind, but it is what it is and still manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    omg, i dont know what you are saying. Do you play with one hand and dont move around at all?
    Demos deals tons of dmg and good demo is not easy to kill. True people that thinks that dmg is all there is and they can stand still and deal it dies in 2 sec, but those demos that shine in moving and positioning are usually topping the kill chart.
    Yeah, demos that are team supported with good gear top the charts. Demos in one on one get smoked. I have played a demo and the glass cannon is apt. There are not many ways for a caster to get increased armor mitigation but there are plenty of ways to get protection mitigation. The run bar has helped out a lot with movement and positioning but that is a really recent phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithminion View Post
    Yeah, demos that are team supported with good gear top the charts. Demos in one on one get smoked. I have played a demo and the glass cannon is apt. There are not many ways for a caster to get increased armor mitigation but there are plenty of ways to get protection mitigation. The run bar has helped out a lot with movement and positioning but that is a really recent phenomenon.
    I find stacking con gear helps a lot around 11K hp, have to give up 200 magic damage but makes it easier to solo good rogue classes and heavies at times.

This turn of the discussion got me thinking. I believe I read someplace that the intent of the devs in the design of AoC was to have every class have a 'nemesis' class to which it would be vunerable (almost always lose to), and a class to which it would be the nemesis to (almost always win against).

It seems pretty well the opinion in this thread that Demos' nemesis class is the sin. Which would you say would the Demo be the nemesis of (i.e. almost always be able to defeat/have unbeatable advantages over)?

Apologies if this question has been asked before.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    This turn of the discussion got me thinking. I believe I read someplace that the intent of the devs in the design of AoC was to have every class have a 'nemesis' class to which it would be vunerable (almost always lose to), and a class to which it would be the nemesis to (almost always win against).

It seems pretty well the opinion in this thread that Demos' nemesis class is the sin. Which would you say would the Demo be the nemesis of (i.e. almost always be able to defeat/have unbeatable advantages over)?

Apologies if this question has been asked before.
    Since Demo is given an innate +1650 unholy protection buff it makes sense that those buffs are intended to counter Assassins, but the same can be said about Necros or DTs. Each mage class is given a +1650 protection buff against certain magic attacks where healers have a similar buff that covers all magic attacks, and rogues/tanks have no protection buffs similar to these. This makes me believe that these protection buffs are only to counter other casters magic damage.

Demo +1650 unholy protection against Necro
    necro +1650 fire damage against both demo or HoX (mostly HoX)
    Hox +1650 cold protection against only necro

ToS +1650 holy protection only against PoM
    BS +1650 electrical protection against ToS
    PoM have no protection buff outside Holy cleansing.( speculating that 10% armor buff was intended to counter BS, not sure.

I dont see classes having a singular "nemesis" class, but rather abilities to counter certain classes while being weak against classes that can counter them. Its really a rock/paper/scissors/ type of deal among only casters, because all mele classes dominate casters in general and they have armor buffs to counter them.
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 1st October 2013 at 20:57.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123