Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demonologist Build Monotony

I only feat black ashes for the incinerate effect for detonate. Also, I have 2 points left over and nothing else was useful.

I guess I could always feat wicked bolt, but ever since they changed the cast time to 1 second that spell is worthless to me because anyone worth killing can double tap it, anyone who doesn;t you usually don't need a KB to kill them anyways.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Nobody wants Impish Horde as a useful spell, because it makes no sense to have the the abilities to buff pet damage in one tree but you would have to max out another to get a 2 minute CD version of an unbuffed pet. That makes no sense.
    Your point is completely valid in saying that there is no good reason to want a pet spell in the conflag tree, but concluding that that means "nobody wants impish horde to be useful" is just absurd.

Maybe it has to be replaced with something entirely different, sure, but there is still absolutely no excuse for having a feat that nobody would ever want to take.

Would you be kind enough to use the "Edit" tool?
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    Actually the way you spam AOE with a demo and really be effective is to go Havoc Gen and feat out chained shock strike, splash damage, improved shockblast, and then alternate Shock Blast and shock strike. IOA had no place in a true AOE build unless you ran tribrid.
    Cool beans. This was what I was thinking.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Again, your saying fix things while keeping everything else as is. That would lead to another 1.5 version of the demo.

Nobody wants Impish Horde as a useful spell, because it makes no sense to have the the abilities to buff pet damage in one tree but you would have to max out another to get a 2 minute CD version of an unbuffed pet. That makes no sense.

What your asking for is a complete redesign, which is not going to happen. How do you not play from 2008 and come back in 2013 and start demanding changes when you have not witnessed how long demo has been OP. You completely missed 1.5-2.0, which demo was easily the most super OP class ever seen, especially 1.5

Honestly, your "synergy" is a terrible idea. Demo is still OP in most conditions. Maybe not vs. a team of tanks, but then again the only counter to that is another team of tanks.
    The problem with the above is that Demos are designed to be OP in the damage area of the game, the price for being easy to kill once the enemy gets in melee range. I can't count the number of times I've seen enemies waltz through my attacks to simply cut me down because they knew they didn't have to worry about me killing or CCing them.

When a class that is supposed to be a glass cannon has the cannon removed, it makes it hard to see how they are supposed to compete in the game.

If it's clear an ability isn't worth having in the game, then it needs to be fixed. That's what was at the core of the other Class adjustments we've seen, and the claim that it would make Demos 'OP' is kind of pointless as we are -supposed- to be OP. That's why we lack defenses of any worth and have to use spells that require us to be immoble most of the time to do damage instead of melee weapons that can be randomly swung while jumping around/sprinting.

My two cents.
    Last edited by Urzra; 31st May 2013 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    The problem with the above is that Demos are designed to be OP in the damage area of the game, the price for being easy to kill once the enemy gets in melee range. I can't count the number of times I've seen enemies waltz through my attacks to simply cut me down because they knew they didn't have to worry about me killing or CCing them.

When a class that is supposed to be a glass cannon has the cannon removed, it makes it hard to see how they are supposed to compete in the game.

If it's clear an ability isn't worth having in the game, then it needs to be fixed. That's what was at the core of the other Class adjustments we've seen, and the claim that it would make Demos 'OP' is kind of pointless as we are -supposed- to be OP. That's why we lack defenses of any worth and have to use spells that require us to be immoble most of the time to do damage instead of melee weapons that can be randomly swung while jumping around/sprinting.

My two cents.
    Agreed. Demos do not do nearly enough damage to justify their glass cannon weakness in pvp. In Pve they are just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithminion View Post
    Agreed. Demos do not do nearly enough damage to justify their glass cannon weakness in pvp. In Pve they are just fine.
    omg, i dont know what you are saying. Do you play with one hand and dont move around at all?
    Demos deals tons of dmg and good demo is not easy to kill. True people that thinks that dmg is all there is and they can stand still and deal it dies in 2 sec, but those demos that shine in moving and positioning are usually topping the kill chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    omg, i dont know what you are saying. Do you play with one hand and dont move around at all?
    Demos deals tons of dmg and good demo is not easy to kill. True people that thinks that dmg is all there is and they can stand still and deal it dies in 2 sec, but those demos that shine in moving and positioning are usually topping the kill chart.
    I agree with this.
    Demo is perfect as it is, and glass cannon is the right definition.
    If focused and not supported by a good group, as it should be, demo dies very fast can get farmed easily.
    If not focused, no class can compare to a demo about how easy is possible to get kills.

Demo is ok, not nerf or buff it pls.

Yes, some feats are never getting feated, but each class has some unuseful feats.

Don't change demo feat trees, nor buff or nerf it pls.
    Last edited by Calore; 2nd June 2013 at 10:13.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I think the point of original post is that there is no real versatility in builds and that goes for other classes as well.

Demo needs no buffing and no nerfing but some reworking on the class to make it a bit complex and provide alternative working builds to produce equal results or better at certain situations would be nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast