Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

No it doesnt work. you got stuck for a while, it can cause animation bugs (especially while being knockbacked from hights) and it seems that the clients and the server get some positioning problem due to that. similar to the bug when picking up a flag from hide and ppl see this char moving away from the flag.

Double tap didn't always break the KB immunity. The way it is currently, beside the synch problemes, seems pretty fine to me. You get the immunity for the KB and yet get stuck for half the normal lengith of a kb.

Without these kbs it will take forever to kill one guy lol.

Joel if you are reading, please ignore all of these suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacerdo View Post
    How do you tap ranger trap and insta kb ?
    Ranger trap is easy to doubletap if you see the arm animation from Ranger, but what's silly about Ranger trap is the range of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    its like comboskipping. maybe it takes some skill, but it is still a bug and therefore exploiting when using it.
    You can't say doubletapping KBs is an exploit? it's been in this game since release, and at this point it's time they face reality and adjust the mechanic.

Sometimes doubletapping can cause teleports, I think if you have flag. Other than that I never saw anything problematic about doubletapping.

PS. why so scared to lose your instant win buttons and get some more dynamic play? We already lost some with CS fix.

PSS. you know a doubletapped knockback still equals a small stun. So the knockbacks even when countered will work as a CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Detonation
    Repulse
    Burst of Aggression

Knockback is the strongest CC in the game. Yet these are instant or near instant along with an AoE effect. We can't even use our AA anti-cc to counter these.
    It's borderline OP and should be tweaked.

Also problematic is:

Ranger AoE kb trap range
    Conq charge knockback cone
    Snap kick animation speed
    Khitai rank knockback animation speed (barb/bs/guard)

These last ones I believe could use minor tweaks aswell.

After tweaking these rework the doubletap animations to be abit smoother/faster. (the buffs are near fine and offer variety)
    With this we'll have a possible counter to knockbacks, and we'll see more dynamic play, rewarding those with knowledge, awareness and reflexes.

Discuss this topic, and please include your opinion on the current doubletapping mechanics as a counter to knockback. It's already here and working to a certain extent. Would be easy to adjust.
    excelent topic man.
    i agree with everything you say.

imho all double tapping (sidestep-momentum-double back) should be tweaked and improved or reverted to 1.04 state where it ment something in a fight now advantage to double tapping resumes to avoiding kb wich is impossible against instant repulse and burst of aggression and detonation all you do is premptively asume demo-pom-conq will try that first.

think sidestepping should grant at least 50% imunity to cc's fear-stun-root, double tap back 100% resistence to kb.

also tweaks to active blocking are needed cause its pure crap as it is now.
    active blocking should drain even more stamina/mana then now and be more efective 50%damage deflection and be an ability useable during movement to add more dynamics to fights wich shouldnt allow you to cast/start combos anything while it lasts and with some cooldown of 1-2 minutes.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Joel if you are reading, please ignore all of these suggestions.
    Joel if you are reading, please ignore this guys advice.

See? I can do that too.
    How about you contribute to this discussion or atleast give us some insight to why you think he should ignore this.

I've seen way too many revamping of CCs and tbh, I think we've come a long way and, as extremely annoying and frustrating it is to get knocked back, there are ways to diminish their effects.

Double-tapping back may lower your damage, but why don't you just double tap forward?

It's easy to just request changes because they'll make your life easier, but we should only request changes when we've exhausted all other means to solve the issue or if a severe imbalance is presented, which I don't think there is anymore.

Every class has access to CC-negating abilities. We just need to learn how to use them the most effective way possible and just accept the fact that sometimes you will have to deal with getting knocked back.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

*Lurks in the shadows*
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    *Lurks in the shadows*
    thats not constructive please post something more interesting
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast